How strong was Evil Buu?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

How strong was Evil Buu?

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:40 pm

As taboo as the Buus might be, I still can't stop thinking about Evil Buu. Where does he fit in the Buu hierarchy?

- Chibi Buu
- Burly Buu
- Fat Buu
- Super Buu
- Gotenks Buu
- Gohan Buu

I'm thinking that he'd be between Fat Buu and Super Buu, or roughly equal to that of Fat Buu... What do you guys think?

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:47 pm

You mean the skinny one, right? Well, the narration-textbox does say when skinny/evil Buu and fat/good Buu are fighting that skinny Buu took most of the power with him when they split (for whatever reason, Viz changed this line to something like "Alas, sweetness stands little chance against malice"; in the anime the line is given to Piccolo rather than the narrator). So that would mean that he's at least slightly weaker than the fat Buu that Majin Vegeta and later SSJ3 Goku fought, since the now pure-good fat Buu retained some of the power. It's kind of like when Piccolo split off from Kami: neither one is as strong as they used to be.

Mr.Piccolo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:50 pm

I figured that Evil Buu was probably around the same strength as Chibi Buu just not (as) insane seeing how he was the evil extracted from the Fat one pretty much being the Buu prior to absorbing that last Kaio. Er, I figured from Super Buu on would be the strongest Buus....the original one was "pure evil" but not necessarily the strongest
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

VargVikernes

Post by VargVikernes » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:33 pm

Wait, isn't Chibi Buu more powerful than Fat Buu? I mean, in the anime Chibi Buu was, by all means, destroying Fat Buu.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:25 am

VargVikernes wrote:Wait, isn't Chibi Buu more powerful than Fat Buu? I mean, in the anime Chibi Buu was, by all means, destroying Fat Buu.
No, Kid Buu was beating the crap out of Mr. Buu. The one that barely got any of Fat Buu's power.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

FindKenshi
Advanced Regular

Post by FindKenshi » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:56 pm

Skinny Buu is much stronger and faster then Kid Buu. We've seen both of them fight the same opponent (Mr. Buu). Skinny Buu devestated Mr. Buu in a matter of seconds, and then blew back Mr. Buu's candy-beam with his breath alone.

Kid Buu was taking his hits from Mr. Buu, and was forced to jump over the candy-beam.

I'd say Skinny Buu was having much better showings against Mr. Buu, then Kid Buu was.

VargVikernes

Post by VargVikernes » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:42 pm

FindKenshi wrote:Skinny Buu is much stronger and faster then Kid Buu. We've seen both of them fight the same opponent (Mr. Buu). Skinny Buu devestated Mr. Buu in a matter of seconds, and then blew back Mr. Buu's candy-beam with his breath alone.

Kid Buu was taking his hits from Mr. Buu, and was forced to jump over the candy-beam.

I'd say Skinny Buu was having much better showings against Mr. Buu, then Kid Buu was.
Ah, I see. I see where I was mistaken now. I just assumed base form of Buu would be more powerful.

Casual Matt
Advanced Regular

Post by Casual Matt » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:43 pm

FindKenshi wrote:Skinny Buu is much stronger and faster then Kid Buu. We've seen both of them fight the same opponent (Mr. Buu). Skinny Buu devestated Mr. Buu in a matter of seconds, and then blew back Mr. Buu's candy-beam with his breath alone.

Well, the skinny pure evil Boo was probably fighting more seriously than the pure kid Boo, who just fought and killed for the joy of it. Pure evil skinny Boo actually wanted to beat the good fat Mr Boo so he could eat him and gain the bit of strength he lost in the separation back.

Nikkolas
Regular

Post by Nikkolas » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:28 pm

I always figured when the Good/Evil Buu split, Evil Buu got most of the power as he got the South Kai...Mr. Buu got the Fat Kai.
Afteral, when Super Buu lost Mr. Buu and Fat Kai, all he had left was Evil Buu and he changed back to Buff Buu who is Kid Buu w/South Kai.

FindKenshi
Advanced Regular

Post by FindKenshi » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:32 am

Technically Skinny Buu (its what I called him for years and years before people started calling him "Evil Buu" instead, I can't help but continue to use that name.) is not a Buu at all.

He's a Buu in essence, but not in form. He's basically Fat Buu's anger and meaness, given a physical form, without having any physical Buu in him. THat's why he's different from Kid Buu. He's an obscure idea given physical form. His power is that of Fat Buu's dark side, but it's also so much more beyond that.

Terra-jin
Regular

Post by Terra-jin » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:39 am

I've made a topic about the Buus that may be of help here. It's about the difference between physical separation (like Kami and Piccolo - two bodies, one spirit) and spiritual, complete separation (two bodies, two spirits). I believe Fat & Evil Buu were physically separated while Fat & Kid Buu were completely separated.

Following that, I think Evil Buu is less strong than Kid Buu, because his evil wasn't as pronounced as Kid Buu. Also, the reason that Evil Buu fared better against Fat Buu than Kid Buu may be because the two of them were still partly one person - like Kami and Piccolo - and that they were able to read each other's attacks more.
It's all GOOD

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:54 pm

So I'm guessing it wouldn't be wrong to assume that both Evil and "Good" Buu are weaker than the original Chibi Buu?

FindKenshi
Advanced Regular

Post by FindKenshi » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:46 pm

To be honest, Buu just doesn't make any kind of sense, no matter what. I was mostly just joking when I said Evil Buu > Kid Buu... although it was only a half joke. To be perfectly honest, Buu becoming Kid Buu instead of Skinny Buu, when Mr. Buu was removed, is simply a plothole, or mistake, or whatever you want to call it.

Figuring out the power of the Buus is just one thing that... well, it just can't be done. By anyone. Not even Akira Toriyama himself. I honestly think, even he didn't have any kind of clue. I think it's more along the lines of Buu is Buu. His power is maximum. Sorta like Broly. Only Buu is better. Because he's canon.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:24 am

FindKenshi wrote:To be perfectly honest, Buu becoming Kid Buu instead of Skinny Buu, when Mr. Buu was removed, is simply a plothole, or mistake, or whatever you want to call it.
No, not really. Because Fat Buu wasn't ejecting Kid Buu, he was ejecting his anger and hate and such. It's the same as when Kami split into himself and Piccolo. If you'll notice, Damiao doesn't really resemble any of the other Nameks. Nor did any of his spawn really resemble other Nameks.

And even ignoring all that, if you look at the two Buus you see that one is fat and the other skinny and decrepit looking. Both of which are the results of improper fusion. You wouldn't see Gotenks spitting out Trunks or Goten and still being Gotenks. Skinny Buu was never a 'real Buu' to begin with. Just the reverse of Mr. Buu given form.
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Good point.

FindKenshi
Advanced Regular

Post by FindKenshi » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:33 am

Xyex wrote:
FindKenshi wrote:To be perfectly honest, Buu becoming Kid Buu instead of Skinny Buu, when Mr. Buu was removed, is simply a plothole, or mistake, or whatever you want to call it.
No, not really. Because Fat Buu wasn't ejecting Kid Buu, he was ejecting his anger and hate and such. It's the same as when Kami split into himself and Piccolo. If you'll notice, Damiao doesn't really resemble any of the other Nameks. Nor did any of his spawn really resemble other Nameks.
I can make up a few in-universe excuses for it too, all of which would make perfect sense, and answer the question. The thing is, we shouldn't have to do this. It was sloppy writing.
Xyex wrote:And even ignoring all that, if you look at the two Buus you see that one is fat and the other skinny and decrepit looking. Both of which are the results of improper fusion.
I've seen someone else say this before... quite honestly, I believe this to be mere conicidence. Fat Buu looks the way he does, because he absorbed someone who was fat, and looked like that. Not because he's an "improper fusion." That reason alone, is why I don't really like this analogy very much. If Dai Kaioshin looked nothing like Fat Buu, then I'd say this could be a valid scenario.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:41 am

It was far from sloppy writing. You have to consider everything in order to make any kind of valid judgement. At the time we saw Skinny Buu we had not seen the Dai Kaioshin. However, we had seen a fat and a skinny Gotenks through improper fusion. It's not a far stretch to think that Toriyama got his idea for Skinny Buu's look from this. Not because he was actually an improper fusion re-fusing with himself to make a proper one but because they were the inverse of each other (Good and evil, fat and skinny, bright pink and dark grey, etc).

It wasn't until around the time that Gohan came along that he had to try and extend the series (to bring back Goku as the hero) and reduce Buu's power to make him someone Goku could fight. It had already been made clear before that Goku could have taken Fat Buu so Toriyama needed a new opponent for Goku.

Skinny Buu had never been intended to be a Buu in the first place. And he was such a quick in and gone character that was little more than a plot device to create Super Buu that Toriyama had likely forgotten him already. And even if he hadn't Skinny Buu would have been weaker than Fat Buu anyway, and thus an even worse opponent for Goku to make for a good fight. And so he had to devise Kid Buu.

At which point Buu's fat appearance came from having absorbed the Dai Kaioshin. And absorption that weakened him, something that only happens through fusion when it's done improperly. And really, since when does BIG muscular guy + fat guy = fat guy? If fat guy + skinny guy = normal guy then BIG muscular guy + fat guy should = normal guy as well, if done right.

Admittedly, Toriyama wouldn't have put nearly that much thought into it. He mad the story up as he went. Had since the first chapter. All he was likely thinking about was needing a villain, a form of Buu, that Goku could fight (in an interesting battle) and defeat and knowing he didn't have one. Thus, he had to make one.

Sure, it complicates the plot a little. But just because you need to figure out your own explanation as to why you got Kid Buu instead of Skinny Buu doesn't make it sloppy writing. Not everything in this world is given to you on a silver platter. Somtimes you have to think for yourself and use your immagination. 8)
<Xyex> Good point.

Nikkolas
Regular

Post by Nikkolas » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:44 am

I always figured Evil Buu looked the way he did to show he was the clear opposite of Fat/Good Buu....

Good Buu = Short and...very fat.
Evil Buu = Tall and very skinny

testing223
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by testing223 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:16 pm

Xyex, that's a really good theory. Especially since the Fusion outfits are very similar to the Fat/Thin buu outfits.

And if it was intended to end at Gohan vs Super Buu, that makes sense. There would be no Buu-fusions or Kid Buu.

Nikkolas
Regular

Post by Nikkolas » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:24 am

In regards to Buu Power levels...I always wondered.
Super Buu has all the same power sources as Fat Buu.
So, shouldn't the only reasons he's stronger is:
A) he's less impaired by the good effect of the Kais
B) his body is more suited for fighting

So he can draw on more of the power than Fat Buu could.

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:27 am

Super Buu can also sense ki and has been known to strategize... So yeah, regardless of changes in power, he's more dangerous.
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).