What about a DBZ HFIL?

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Onikage725
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Onikage725 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:56 pm

I'm as tired s the next guy of Linkin Ball Z videos, especially starring Vegeta an/or Trunks and focused on the Cell Saga. But is it fair to say no LP at all? I think a general Hybrid Theory ban would suffice.
To show my appreciation, I'll only beat them half to death.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:03 pm

Onikage725 wrote:I'm as tired s the next guy of Linkin Ball Z videos, especially starring Vegeta an/or Trunks and focused on the Cell Saga. But is it fair to say no LP at all? I think a general Hybrid Theory ban would suffice.
While I don't deny that the guys here could probably whip up some pure art from a Linkin Park song, I think it's better to just cut the whole band out of consideration. Hybrid Theory or no, LP has way too many videos already. Let's roll with something different.

E: Uh, what happened to SSJ Kaboom?

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:02 pm

Unless, of course, the exception was to use LP in a humorous, parodying manner. But then again, even THAT may be pretty cliché by this point.

Rocketman wrote:E: Uh, what happened to SSJ Kaboom?

Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis? >_>
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:06 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:Unless, of course, the exception was to use LP in a humorous, parodying manner. But then again, even THAT may be pretty cliché by this point.
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... php?v=5666
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:11 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
SSj Kaboom wrote:Unless, of course, the exception was to use LP in a humorous, parodying manner. But then again, even THAT may be pretty cliché by this point.
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... php?v=5666
Sweet Dende above, I've never seen so much Linkin Park in one place before.
deviantART
[thread]

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:20 pm

Alrighty, dudes and dudettes, this has sat too long idle. It's summertime now, so let's roll.

I'll take over the task of putting the clips together into the final product unless someone else has a better program and time to do it.

When you've got a clip for me, shoot me a PM, and I'll PM back the e-mail to send it to. In one month (August 4), I'll tally 'em up and say if we need some more.

Now get crackin'! :D

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:53 pm

Rocketman wrote:I'll take over the task of putting the clips together into the final product unless someone else has a better program and time to do it.
On my laptop, I've got Sony Vegas Movie Studio and a big 'ol External Hard drive, so I'm capable of doing so if Onikage's still having problems. Time might be the only slight issue, but I'm sure I can find it.

I assume the same guidelines you posted before are still what we're going with?

What about guidelines for the files themselves? Is there a certain format or compression we should go with, or is it a just "best-looking AVI you can give me?" Since it's only short clips, it probably wouldn't be too much of a hassle to throw 'em around uncompressed or at least with Huffyuv or something. Then again, unless you're planning to show this at a con, I suppose it doesn't have to be super-orgasmically-fantastic-HQ.

Also, aspect ratio is now an issue, thanks to FUNi. I assume it'll be a 3:4 project, so those using Remastered FUNi footage or the Japanese movies should remember to add black bars.

Another AMV Hell-like thing is the short little transition between clips. Any ideas what to use for that?

(P.S. - How 'bout Vegetto punching Buu with a funny sound effect, or something?)
deviantART
[thread]

Freeza93
Beyond Newbie

Post by Freeza93 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:10 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote: (P.S. - How 'bout Vegetto punching Buu with a funny sound effect, or something?)
A sound different sound effect for each transition. Or you do do it for when Cell lands and makes that funny squeaky sound.
SSj Kaboom wrote:Also, aspect ratio is now an issue, thanks to FUNi. I assume it'll be a 3:4 project, so those using Remastered FUNi footage or the Japanese movies should remember to add black bars.
Is it possible to do that on windows movie maker?
I finally bought a gamecube. To bad they don't make any games for it now.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:27 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:On my laptop, I've got Sony Vegas Movie Studio and a big 'ol External Hard drive, so I'm capable of doing so if Onikage's still having problems. Time might be the only slight issue, but I'm sure I can find it.

I assume the same guidelines you posted before are still what we're going with?
Yep. I suppose I should amend one of 'em to say "the clips should be less than 30 seconds"
What about guidelines for the files themselves? Is there a certain format or compression we should go with, or is it a just "best-looking AVI you can give me?" Since it's only short clips, it probably wouldn't be too much of a hassle to throw 'em around uncompressed or at least with Huffyuv or something. Then again, unless you're planning to show this at a con, I suppose it doesn't have to be super-orgasmically-fantastic-HQ.

Also, aspect ratio is now an issue, thanks to FUNi. I assume it'll be a 3:4 project, so those using Remastered FUNi footage or the Japanese movies should remember to add black bars.
I don't have any intention of showing this at a con, it's just supposed to be a fun little thing for us. Better quality the better, I guess. If I do it, though, I'll need .avi or .wmv or the like to open them in Movie Maker.

As such, I personally don't even mind the aspect ratios not matching up. I mean, even the AMV Hells aren't consistent on that.
Another AMV Hell-like thing is the short little transition between clips. Any ideas what to use for that?
I'm against anything real fancy, or even really DB-related, like using the eyecatchers or something.

We should probably just go with a short clip of static like AMV Hell does for now.
(P.S. - How 'bout Vegetto punching Buu with a funny sound effect, or something?)
Ooh, that's good. I got just the thing. :wink:

VeggieXD
Beyond Newbie

Post by VeggieXD » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:02 pm

I wouldn't mind being a part of this =P
Just checkout my Youtube page to see if I'm good enough.

Onikage725

Post by Onikage725 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:34 am

OK I've got some of my programs playing nice again, and I now have Premiere Pro 2.0 (though it eats up all of my RAM to run it.

I whipped up a short video of Kuririn's kaoroke in movie 8 set to Konata's rendition of Cha La (from Lucky Star). But my router blew, so I have to replace that before I can upload it to anything.

I bought a 500 GB hard drive too, so if anyone has any contributions, send 'em. I can store copies until the final order is decided on.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:51 am

Fine by me. What say you, Kaboom?

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:02 am

Rocketman wrote:Fine by me. What say you, Kaboom?
I say awezome. Though I think my longtime song choice for Krillin's karaoke'ing is better. :P
deviantART
[thread]

Onikage725

Post by Onikage725 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:25 am

Heh, what's yours? Honestly, its so short, we could even consider doing a running gag where everyone chips in some random 15 second or so karaoke.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:43 am

Onikage725 wrote:Heh, what's yours? Honestly, its so short, we could even consider doing a running gag where everyone chips in some random 15 second or so karaoke.
Mine was Eric Cartman's rendition of The Styx's "Come Sail Away." And that would be awesome. I'm sure I could come up with one or two more ideas.
deviantART
[thread]

Onikage725

Post by Onikage725 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:35 pm

Wow, epic.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:24 pm

So, uh... Anything gonna happen with this, as a group project? 'Cuz I've since raked together enough ideas to probably just do one of these on my own...
deviantART
[thread]

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:05 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:So, uh... Anything gonna happen with this, as a group project? 'Cuz I've since raked together enough ideas to probably just do one of these on my own...
I have a few completed, but I've had a lot of trouble finding audio clips to use. :(