"Live action Dragonball would suck, no exceptions "

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:18 pm

Artificial Human #887 wrote:Actually seeing a poster makes me excited for the movie. I hope I see a teaser poster when I go to see Iron Man next week. That would be pretty sweet. I'll try to not steal it, either. :P
Heh. When you work at the movie theater, you end up getting to keep stuff like posters for free. I was supposed to get one for Iron Man (I oughta go claim it), and I just brought home a big one for 007: Quantum of Solace. Not quite sure what I'm supposed to do with it.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

omegacwa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omegacwa » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:22 pm

I am an assistant manager at a movie theater. If this poster, or any other dragonball poster come by my way, I will be sure to take a picture, and or just steal the poster. I already have the new Indiana Jones poster in my room, and I had the spiderman three and Transformers posters up on my wall months before they came out in the theaters.

Also, since we are getting Iron Man, I will most likely have that poster too after we are done with it.

Artificial Human #887
Beyond Newbie

Post by Artificial Human #887 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:30 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:
Artificial Human #887 wrote:Actually seeing a poster makes me excited for the movie. I hope I see a teaser poster when I go to see Iron Man next week. That would be pretty sweet. I'll try to not steal it, either. :P
Heh. When you work at the movie theater, you end up getting to keep stuff like posters for free. I was supposed to get one for Iron Man (I oughta go claim it), and I just brought home a big one for 007: Quantum of Solace. Not quite sure what I'm supposed to do with it.
I wish I worked in a movie theater for that reason. Sure, I get cool comic posters at my job, but I want a giant Dragon Ball movie poster! Now I shall sit and ponder if I still know anyone who works there. It's a pretty nifty poster, in my opinion.
Aly. Professional nerd. [url=http://vegetas.livejournal.com]vegetas@livejournal[/url]

DB Cosplay 2009: The Great Saiyaman

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:21 pm

omegacwa wrote:I am an assistant manager at a movie theater. If this poster, or any other dragonball poster come by my way, I will be sure to take a picture, and or just steal the poster. I already have the new Indiana Jones poster in my room, and I had the spiderman three and Transformers posters up on my wall months before they came out in the theaters.
Really? I didn't know that! Are you one of the nice managers who will let us use the courtesy cups and chill when there's nothing to do, or are you one of the demonic ones that makes us break our backs doing constant trivial work and searches the security camera footage for something to write us up for? :lol:

My managers tend to hog the best posters for themselves, and we just get the extra copies. We had one of those awesome, textured, shiny Spider-Man 3 posters, but the GM snatched it up for her nephew.

Anyway, if these DragonBall teaser posters do start popping up, I'll be doing the same. I'll try to get a copy for myself to keep and shoot better shots of, it at all possible.
Artificial Human #887 wrote: I wish I worked in a movie theater for that reason. Sure, I get cool comic posters at my job, but I want a giant Dragon Ball movie poster! Now I shall sit and ponder if I still know anyone who works there. It's a pretty nifty poster, in my opinion.
Eh, that's one of the nice perks (getting in to movies for free ain't bad, either! :)), but be warned, the job's not without its fair share of frustrations. With the certain company I work for, it seems every month they add some grand new procedure or aspect to our duties that serves no visible purpose other than to make our job harder. Add to that that most people tend to jump WAY up on the obnoxious, messy, and stupid meter the instant they walk in, means dealing with unpleasant patrons
deviantART
[thread]

omegacwa

Post by omegacwa » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:36 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:
omegacwa wrote:I am an assistant manager at a movie theater. If this poster, or any other dragonball poster come by my way, I will be sure to take a picture, and or just steal the poster. I already have the new Indiana Jones poster in my room, and I had the spiderman three and Transformers posters up on my wall months before they came out in the theaters.
Really? I didn't know that! Are you one of the nice managers who will let us use the courtesy cups and chill when there's nothing to do, or are you one of the demonic ones that makes us break our backs doing constant trivial work and searches the security camera footage for something to write us up for? :lol:

My managers tend to hog the best posters for themselves, and we just get the extra copies. We had one of those awesome, textured, shiny Spider-Man 3 posters, but the GM snatched it up for her nephew.

Anyway, if these DragonBall teaser posters do start popping up, I'll be doing the same. I'll try to get a copy for myself to keep and shoot better shots of, it at all possible.
Artificial Human #887 wrote: I wish I worked in a movie theater for that reason. Sure, I get cool comic posters at my job, but I want a giant Dragon Ball movie poster! Now I shall sit and ponder if I still know anyone who works there. It's a pretty nifty poster, in my opinion.
Eh, that's one of the nice perks (getting in to movies for free ain't bad, either! :)), but be warned, the job's not without its fair share of frustrations. With the certain company I work for, it seems every month they add some grand new procedure or aspect to our duties that serves no visible purpose other than to make our job harder. Add to that that most people tend to jump WAY up on the obnoxious, messy, and stupid meter the instant they walk in, means dealing with unpleasant patrons
Yep, it's true.
I am one of those laid back guys, just do the work and then do whatever you want between shows. But I also do a lot of "employee" work, I am actually normally the one breaking his back, lol.

I have two of those Shiny SP3 posters. One with Black spidey on the right, and one with red spidey on the right. A lot of the time I have to sneak the cool posters out though, because most of the managers are comic nerds or something and will snatch them up faster than me.

Also, I agree 100% with the random new shit to do that makes things less efficient, more time consuming, and harder, for no reason. My boss is a complete moron. I work for an Independently owned theater so I work directly with the head guy.

Oh, and I forgot, it's true, I think Customers just become retarded or something the moment they come in. It's ridiculous. I have been working at the same place for 5+ years, so I know first hand.

ssjmarcus19902

Post by ssjmarcus19902 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:11 pm

Well, it seems the poster is a fake...

http://www.dragonballmovieblog.net/

I'm quite released actually. It looked very basic. :P

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:55 pm

Well, they looked official.
But, hey, who knows? It could be some cover up. They were real, until they were leaked, not FOX is saying they aren't real because they don't want the suprise to be spoiled. Now they have to make new ones.

That website also says people in Japan are reporting seeing a teaser trailer, and its quite a few of them. :? :?:

SSj Kaboom wrote: Heh. When you work at the movie theater, you end up getting to keep stuff like posters for free. I was supposed to get one for Iron Man (I oughta go claim it), and I just brought home a big one for 007: Quantum of Solace. Not quite sure what I'm supposed to do with it.
Yeah, that's one of the great perks of working at a theatre.Aside from the thrill you get standing still, ripping ticket stubs for 5 hours straight I get free posters as well, and you can bet that I'll have my hands on one of these when they're released.(Although I think you can only have old ones.)
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:46 pm

ssjmarcus19902 wrote:Well, it seems the poster is a fake...

Hmmm... Bummer, it was pretty cool-looking. Wonder what the story was behind them...
deviantART
[thread]

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu May 01, 2008 12:51 am

SSj Kaboom wrote:
ssjmarcus19902 wrote:Well, it seems the poster is a fake...

Hmmm... Bummer, it was pretty cool-looking. Wonder what the story was behind them...

Now http://dbthemovie.com/ is saying they were real afterall.
o_O
All this back-and-forth with these posters gives me a headache.
They're real! They're fake! Oh, wait, they're real again!
>_O
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu May 01, 2008 1:20 am

Yes, I've been reading all the same things.

My conclusion? They're real, but weren't supposed to be leaked yet, so now FOX is pulling the whole, "Um... what poster? We don't know nothin' 'bout no poster... >_>" act.

But whatever. If posters really are beginning to be distributed now, or soon, then I'll keep an eye out for one at my theater.
deviantART
[thread]

Velasa

Post by Velasa » Thu May 01, 2008 1:23 am

I figured they were real as soon as Fox asked them to take them down. They wouldn't bother doing that with something fake.

I personally like them for a teaser thing. It lets us know they remembered something from the source (use of the four-star ball), and I kinda like the shattery look.
[quote="Rocketman"]Rocketman is to ChiChi as Velasa is to _______.

A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]

Anonymous Friend

Post by Anonymous Friend » Thu May 15, 2008 3:19 pm

Found a new poster over at my other Dragonball site.

http://dbthemovie.com/images/hq.jpg
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

Snail

Post by Snail » Thu May 15, 2008 3:36 pm

Anonymous Friend

Post by Anonymous Friend » Thu May 15, 2008 4:22 pm

Check out the Hair. It looks pretty good.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

saiyanprincess
Regular

Post by saiyanprincess » Thu May 15, 2008 4:34 pm

I think Fox are just mean making us all wait!

They are certainly doing a good job building up the anticipation, but i'm not really sure why they are panicking because one poster has been leaked...
I mean its not exactly like the whole movie has been placed onto YouTube or anything! :roll:
(we could wish)
[b]"Ok, use your instincts Kakarott. Right or Left? (Hmmm... I'd have to say... left.) Good. Then I'm going right!" (Vegeta to Goku as they try to find their way to free the others inside Buu - Episode: The Innards of Buu)[/b]

Shenron
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shenron » Thu May 15, 2008 4:45 pm

Anonymous Friend wrote:
Check out the Hair. It looks pretty good.
You must be kidding, it's ridiculous and looks like a bad cosplay. I was just getting used to Chatwin, and I was relieved that he would keep his "normal" hair, but this is terrible.
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/Blue+Shenron][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/Blue+Shenron.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://vanesshenron.deviantart.com/]Deviantart[/url]

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Thu May 15, 2008 5:09 pm

The DB movie blog updated with a scan from Weekly Jump.

And to put my life at stake, I personally think the hair's fine enough. I mean, what would you want from a live action adaptation?
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Thu May 15, 2008 5:30 pm

The more I see the more this worries me...

and on a side note, I am so glad this forum is back. haha I missed it.
Trans rights, now!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu May 15, 2008 7:02 pm

I missed this forum so much. TTuTT

Yeah, I think "Bulma" looks ok; "Goku" still bothers me the most of everyone though. :(
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Thu May 15, 2008 7:40 pm

Goku's hair is better than I expected (honestly I expected nothing)

And I'll have to agree with you Chuquita, I haven't been here long, but man I missed this place :)