Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:16 pm

rereboy wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
Oh yeah, getting to live in a hellish world, or dying by the hands of a Saiyan. Yeah it's so logical for everyone to want to live in a hellish world that would seemingly have no end.
You obviously fail to understand what subjective means and that people are not bound to your opinion on what would be best and that many would prefer life over death even in horrible conditions, despite the several times I've mentioned that to you. As such, there's no point in continuing the discussion.
How about the fact that being killed by the Mazoku makes your afterlife suck too? So not only would you be living your life in misery, but once you finally die, you get to still live in misery as your soul is forever bound to the living world. At least dying by the Saiyans means your afterlife wouldn't be suffering. So essentially god just wanted to let people suffer more, just to be killed by the Mazoku, to continue on suffering after they die. Yeah that's a lot worse than a death by the saiyans.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:26 pm

Now that is a more logical argument. But it would depend on Piccolo actually still being a demon after the fusion, which we can't be sure of since we know that he would have been influenced by the goodness of Kami and that can make a demon stop being a demon, like he saw with the main Piccolo in the main universe. So, if Kami thought the fusion would make him cease to be an actual demon, then that wouldn't be a problem in his reasoning.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:31 pm

rereboy wrote:Now that is a more logical argument. But it would depend on Piccolo actually still being a demon after the fusion, which we can't be sure of since we know that he would have been influenced by the goodness of Kami and that can make a demon stop being a demon, like he saw with the main Piccolo in the main universe. So, if Kami thought the fusion would make him cease to be an actual demon, then that wouldn't be a problem in his reasoning.
Well we know Goku and Raditz didn't get that punishment when they died, so perhaps something happened during those years to ease Jrs heart...or maybe Jr never had that ability as I don't think he ever killed anyone to show that he did. So maybe Daimao can't just no longer be a demon. Not sure how you can change and alternate between being a Mazoku and not being one.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:52 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
rereboy wrote:Now that is a more logical argument. But it would depend on Piccolo actually still being a demon after the fusion, which we can't be sure of since we know that he would have been influenced by the goodness of Kami and that can make a demon stop being a demon, like he saw with the main Piccolo in the main universe. So, if Kami thought the fusion would make him cease to be an actual demon, then that wouldn't be a problem in his reasoning.
Well we know Goku and Raditz didn't get that punishment when they died, so perhaps something happened during those years to ease Jrs heart...or maybe Jr never had that ability as I don't think he ever killed anyone to show that he did. So maybe Daimao can't just no longer be a demon. Not sure how you can change and alternate between being a Mazoku and not being one.
Kami comments that Piccolo ceased to be a demon because he ceased to be as evil as he once was. He basically says this once he realizes that Raditz went to the afterlife. So, apparently all it takes is not be as bad.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:18 pm

rereboy wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
Kami comments that Piccolo ceased to be a demon because he ceased to be as evil as he once was. He basically says this once he realizes that Raditz went to the afterlife. So, apparently all it takes is not be as bad.
I'm not exactly sure what he did to not be so bad? Gohan hadn't mellowed him out yet. Was teaming up with Goku all it took? Or that he wasn't killing anyone, but training to kill Goku so he would go back to doing that eventually? That also still sounds pretty bad.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:25 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
I'm not exactly sure what he did to not be so bad? Gohan hadn't mellowed him out yet. Was teaming up with Goku all it took? Or that he wasn't killing anyone, but training to kill Goku so he would go back to doing that eventually? That also still sounds pretty bad.
Its not a matter of doing, its a matter of being. Piccolo simply ceased to be as evil as he once was. We don't don't exactly what caused him to be cease to be as evil as he once was, but we have to strong possibilities:

- perhaps he was never as bad as his "father" and so Piccolo Jr never was a true demon but Kami only realized that after Raditz; or
- perhaps the fact that he lost to Goku and Goku spared his life afterwards affected him in subtle ways after a few years of thinking about it in the desert.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:14 pm

rereboy wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
Its not a matter of doing, its a matter of being. Piccolo simply ceased to be as evil as he once was. We don't don't exactly what caused him to be cease to be as evil as he once was, but we have to strong possibilities:

- perhaps he was never as bad as his "father" and so Piccolo Jr never was a true demon but Kami only realized that after Raditz; or
- perhaps the fact that he lost to Goku and Goku spared his life afterwards affected him in subtle ways after a few years of thinking about it in the desert.
Well we never see him kill anyone, so we don't really know if he had the gift. I think God said he could...so I guess he was a demon.

Perhaps, but Piccolo seemed determined to do what his father started. Maybe he was kidding himself and he really just wanted to be better than Goku over simple conquest?

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:33 pm

Piccolo Jr. is only "sort of" a reincarnation of the original. Things changed between the two of them--he's a warrior-type rather than a Dragon Clan type (or the evil split off from a Dragon Clan type, at least), for example, and physically he's not the same either (Daimao was freakishly tall, while Piccolo is... still freakishly tall, but less so. He doesn't absolutely tower over Tenshinhan the way Daimao did, for example.) He kept the mystical connection with Kami (if one dies both do, and they can still merge "back" together because his soul is a reincarnated version of Daimao's), and he has Daimao's memories, but he's also not exactly the same person that Daimao was... so even though he wanted to pick up where his dad left off at first, he wasn't bound to that. He could change his mind later, he just didn't right away because being evil was all he knew at that point and it took him a while to learn otherwise.

Piccolo Jr. was born like a regular Namekian from an egg, rather than condensing from the cast-off evil of another Namekian like where Daimao came from. That probably has something to do with his potential to become less-evil or even not-evil over time, even though he probably started out being "pure evil" like his dad.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:36 pm

Piccolo is... still freakishly tall, but less so. He doesn't absolutely tower over Tenshinhan the way Daimao did, for example.
Piccolo was shorter than his father, and has different facial features as well, but saying he doesn't tower over Tenshinhan... what?

The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:09 pm

Pantalones wrote:Piccolo Jr. is only "sort of" a reincarnation of the original. Things changed between the two of them--he's a warrior-type rather than a Dragon Clan type (or the evil split off from a Dragon Clan type, at least), for example, and physically he's not the same either (Daimao was freakishly tall, while Piccolo is... still freakishly tall, but less so. He doesn't absolutely tower over Tenshinhan the way Daimao did, for example.) He kept the mystical connection with Kami (if one dies both do, and they can still merge "back" together because his soul is a reincarnated version of Daimao's), and he has Daimao's memories, but he's also not exactly the same person that Daimao was... so even though he wanted to pick up where his dad left off at first, he wasn't bound to that. He could change his mind later, he just didn't right away because being evil was all he knew at that point and it took him a while to learn otherwise.

Piccolo Jr. was born like a regular Namekian from an egg, rather than condensing from the cast-off evil of another Namekian like where Daimao came from. That probably has something to do with his potential to become less-evil or even not-evil over time, even though he probably started out being "pure evil" like his dad.
Err, he's precisely a reincarnation of the original, I don't see why you typed all that. Reincarnation =/= clone. Reincarnation is reincarnation of the soul, it has nothing to do with the body. Oob is a reincarnation of Buu; are you surprised that he looks different than Buu?

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:37 pm

Ok I'll admit I didn't read most posts but here's a few opinions.

First off, Kami said a ton of shit about Piccolo, but what does he know really? Piccolo is clearly different, as it as been said, he is a warrior type with a completely different personality and goals. This is why I doubt the validity of him being a true reincarnation of Daimao and is actually more of an extension. But what do I know? We are discussing fake meta physics of the spiritual kind. Whatever.

What I do know is that both Piccolo and Piccolo Daimao are able to change their size. So in their case, a difference in size is not a valid claim.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:54 pm

DNA wrote:Ok I'll admit I didn't read most posts but here's a few opinions.

First off, Kami said a ton of shit about Piccolo, but what does he know really? Piccolo is clearly different, as it as been said, he is a warrior type with a completely different personality and goals. This is why I doubt the validity of him being a true reincarnation of Daimao and is actually more of an extension. But what do I know? We are discussing fake meta physics of the spiritual kind. Whatever.

What I do know is that both Piccolo and Piccolo Daimao are able to change their size. So in their case, a difference in size is not a valid claim.
The size changing and stretching is stated to be an ability of the Demon Clan. This seems to get a bit muddled though when Goku first goes to visit Kami as a child, the Namekian is the same size as Piccolo. Over the rest of the course of the manga, he starts shrinking until he is roughly about the size of Piccolo Jr. when they ultimately fuse.

Dende seems to suffer from this disease in the Buu Arc as well. xD
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:48 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Over the rest of the course of the manga, he starts shrinking until he is roughly about the size of Piccolo Jr. when they ultimately fuse.
Weren't they already the same height at the 23rd Tournament?
It seemed that way, when Kami blocked Piccolo's punch.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:32 pm

Yeah, but he gets a little bigger again in the Saiyan Arc, then shrinks back again for Freeza (mostly title pages) and Cell. Pretty much depends on who he is drawn around. Kid Goku and Popo, then he's pretty large, any of the adults and he's back to being average.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:26 am

Err, he's precisely a reincarnation of the original, I don't see why you typed all that. Reincarnation =/= clone. Reincarnation is reincarnation of the soul, it has nothing to do with the body. Oob is a reincarnation of Buu; are you surprised that he looks different than Buu?
I'm not sure if you misinterpreted what I said or I didn't make it as clear as I should have, or I was in a hurry to type that and left out bits of what I wanted to say, or a combination of all of those (...or more likely, I probably just ended up rambling about other stuff that wasn't directly related to that first line you took issue with AND was in a hurry so I ended up leaving bits out.)

Anyway... I know he's a reincarnation (in the sense that he has Piccolo Daimao's soul) but he's not a "normal" reincarnation. The soul didn't go to hell and through the evil cleansing process as far as we know, it just jumped straight from the dying Piccolo Daimao to the egg containing Piccolo Jr... so technically he should be more like a clone. Going by what we know, he should have Piccolo Daimao's soul in a warrior Namekian body and basically just be "just like dad only stronger." But he's not. He's more like Daimao's son than a regular reincarnation, even though they have the same soul and the same memories. I guess it might be because he was born the same way a normal Namekian was born rather than being adult-sized at birth like Daimao's other demon spawn. Maybe Piccolo Jr.'s soul is actually a new soul (the one that would've been in the egg normally if Daimao hadn't force-reincarnated himself into it) that had Daimao's pure-evil soul forcibly combined with it or something... because Daimao definitely didn't have the capability to become good over time on his own (he was literally pure evil.) That had to come from somewhere, and Piccolo Jr. had that potential even before he fused with Nail or Kami (no demon rampages during the years when Goku and Chichi were newlyweds and raising Gohan to age 4, for example... just training so he could beat Goku in the future... even before Z when training Gohan softened him up a bit, he's already focused on "beat my rival" rather than "spread chaos and destruction" like Dad was), so he had to have had it in him from the start.
saying he doesn't tower over Tenshinhan... what?
I said he doesn't tower over Tenshinhan "the way Daimao did." Important difference there. Yes, Piccolo Jr. is still huge, still definitely taller than Tenshinhan by a good bit... but when Daimao held Tenshinhan up by his head it seemed like he'd be dangling a foot or two off the ground. On the other hand, Piccolo Jr. is only a head or so taller, so if the same situation happened with the two of them, Ten's feet would probably be brushing the ground or at least close rather than being WAY up off the ground like with Daimao. Piccolo Jr. is still very tall, but not ENORMOUS like Daimao was.

If I'm remembering right, don't the official height numbers put Piccolo at around 7'03" and Daimao at 8'02" or something like that? There's definitely a height gap between the two.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:58 am

I said he doesn't tower over Tenshinhan "the way Daimao did." Important difference there. Yes, Piccolo Jr. is still huge, still definitely taller than Tenshinhan by a good bit... but when Daimao held Tenshinhan up by his head it seemed like he'd be dangling a foot or two off the ground. On the other hand, Piccolo Jr. is only a head or so taller, so if the same situation happened with the two of them, Ten's feet would probably be brushing the ground or at least close rather than being WAY up off the ground like with Daimao. Piccolo Jr. is still very tall, but not ENORMOUS like Daimao was.

If I'm remembering right, don't the official height numbers put Piccolo at around 7'03" and Daimao at 8'02" or something like that? There's definitely a height gap between the two.
Uhhh... as should be plainly obvious by the above picture, Piccolo is far more than a head taller than Tenshinhan. Tenshinhan doesn't even reach the shoulder height of android arc Piccolo.

Piccolo is 7'5, Daimao is 8'2.5
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:05 pm

What. The. Fuck. :lol:

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:15 pm

Everything that has to do with Gast is like something out of starwars... :lol:
I wonder what will happen next. :think:
Last edited by SSJ God Gogeta on Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:24 pm

What? Ok it's one thing for him to somewhat be not as evil after fusing with God....but to change completely. Daimao is the base.....ok someone else can probably do this rant for me.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:31 pm

I don't know why, but i just smile when DNA say, that "He only kills half Earth population, so he is not evil" is crappy writing, i smile sadly, because that's how our world works "So what if he is genocide maniac, he is still better than that other one, let's help him" so it's not really shitty writing, but Realpolitik. As for this page, am i only one who find Gast smiling like that very creepy?
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015