Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FrogTrigger
Beyond Newbie

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by FrogTrigger » Fri May 16, 2014 7:42 pm

FoolsGil wrote:Well, shit if this was the case, then how come more Heliotes didn't join the tourney? And why did they need permission to use their super armor? You're fighting to save your universe, you're letting bureaucrats tell you when or when not to use tech that could help you win easier?

Tidar's death is made even more tragic in a stupid way because of this.
Bureaucracy is a motherfudger

testing223
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by testing223 » Fri May 16, 2014 7:44 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:Why would they even use a weapon like that? Who thought it was a good idea?
You could say this in every real life world war!!!

There are many such destructive weapons that should never have been used on this planet Earth!!!

Sorry for my poor English!
I play baseball and work in LA.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri May 16, 2014 11:50 pm

I like these guys are from a universe where they use high tech stuff to win their battles. I think it was mention that they killed Freeza and his empire. I'm not sure if Broli and Buu were killed in their universe or not.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sat May 17, 2014 12:19 am

What in the actual fuck.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sat May 17, 2014 12:35 am

Rocketman wrote:What in the actual fuck.
Please. Elaborate. :)
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Sat May 17, 2014 12:53 am

Um, well...that came out of nowhere.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Sat May 17, 2014 12:49 pm

Rocketman wrote:What in the actual fuck.
My guess... it's the "science".

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Sat May 17, 2014 3:02 pm

Honestly, this would have worked better for me if he'd been vague about why he can't lose and his teammates explained their crisis after the battle. It is a little sudden as-is, but oh well. Only a fancomic.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sat May 17, 2014 3:06 pm

bkev wrote:Honestly, this would have worked better for me if he'd been vague about why he can't lose and his teammates explained their crisis after the battle. It is a little sudden as-is, but oh well. Only a fancomic.
Agreed.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun May 18, 2014 8:26 pm

And politically incorrect? Bra you're the best. *sarcasm*

And I guess this is done. Bra will teleport Eliem somewhere he won't be able to escape from and win...How Disappointing. I expected Eliem to lose, but I wanted him to go down fighting, not by a ring out because he was pitied.

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Sun May 18, 2014 9:50 pm

Hey, Gohan called Boo a retard so I guess that's fair game in this series.

As for the page...yeah, a little anticlimactic but at least we can move on.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Mon May 19, 2014 3:49 am

One thing that I've been wondering about, and this may seem both petty and out of nowhere...

But what's with the shape of Bra's belly button? It's drawn the way a lot of woman belly buttons are in cartoons, in that it's this huge line rather than how they normally are, which is...more round. I've always taken for granted as a common way of drawing them, but...now that I think about it, I don't remember ever seeing that in real life. Is it an artistic exaggeration, or something that just happens when a woman is exceptionally fit, or what :eh: ?

Again, ridiculously silly question, I know, but it's been bugging me somewhat.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon May 19, 2014 4:03 am

I see a line. Don't you see a line? =P

Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Mon May 19, 2014 4:07 am

...kind of, but it's not very deep, and it's not shaded very darkly at all. It's certainly not solid black like it's usually shown in cartoons like this. So yeah, I guess that would be a simple case of artistic exaggeration, huh?

Anyways, thanks a ton for your help :thumbup: !
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Mon May 19, 2014 5:38 am

It's a bit confusing that it's Universe 16 Bra fighting, yet Universe 18 Goku says "we".

CaBrPi
Advanced Regular

Post by CaBrPi » Mon May 19, 2014 10:45 am

The line itself just seems to be Bra's abs (or the equivalent thereof; I'm not entirely sure how those muscles look on a female frame).

There's a bit of a dot/circle at the bottom of that line which is probably the actual belly button.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Tue May 20, 2014 1:21 am

Marco Polo wrote:It's a bit confusing that it's Universe 16 Bra fighting, yet Universe 18 Goku says "we".
I take it along the lines as "That goes for us too".
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed May 21, 2014 2:13 pm

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed May 21, 2014 2:16 pm

I'm with Eliem. I wanted him to win because fuck Bra. Little shit is so cocky about...that. She herself said he was weak, so why is she so taunting about something so small? Hate that shit eating grin.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed May 21, 2014 2:22 pm

I'm glad Eleim lose, he was very annoying, while that page was funny, but all this cursing bother me. i don`t know why, it`s fine to curse occasionally, but, it happen too often.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015