Galaxy question

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Galaxy question

Post by Dayspring » Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:27 pm

The whole Kaio and Kaioshin stuff has got me confused. Is the DB universe divided into 4 galaxies, each monitored by a Kaioshin, which is then divided into 4 sub-galaxies, each monitored by a Kaio? Or is it 1 Kaio+1 Kaioshin per galaxy?
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:40 am

I believe it's 1 Kaio + 1 Kaioshin per galaxy, but I might have remebered incorrectly. It's more the hierachy that I tend to remember.
A planet's Kami-Enma Daio-the 4 Kaios-Dai Kaio-the 4 Kaioshins-Dai Kaioshin-who knows after that?

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:03 am

I have always wondered that myself, ever since they introduced the concept of the Kaioshins. It stands to reason that their are 3 more sets of unamed Kaio's in the universe.

SSJHitch
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SSJHitch » Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:07 am

I always thought that the 4 Kaios each ruled a galaxy, in a certain sector of the universe, which was ruled over by one of the Kaioshins. But maybe when the Kaioshins died, the Kaios got promoted or something. Of course I'm just guessing here.
Treading the thin line between insanity and genius

Gary
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gary » Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:22 pm

SSJHitch wrote:I always thought that the 4 Kaios each ruled a galaxy, in a certain sector of the universe, which was ruled over by one of the Kaioshins. But maybe when the Kaioshins died, the Kaios got promoted or something. Of course I'm just guessing here.
That is kinda what I was thinking.
Founder/Owner/Webmaster of [|[url=http://www.junk-anime.com/]Junk-Anime.com[/url]|]

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:16 pm

Well three kaioshins kinda died (Boo) and no promotions came. Only a Kaioshin in training (Kibito). Although maybe he was the previous Dai Kaio.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:54 pm

You gotta really wonder what Kaioshin (Supreme Kai) was doing, all those thousands of years before the Buu saga, to not know what the Dragonballs were.

Dai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai » Sat Jan 24, 2004 7:28 pm

My believe is that the entire universe is divided into four quadrants, each ruled over by a Kaioushin (Of which three were killed...), who are in turn ruled over by the Dai Kaioushin. Then, each quadrant a Kaioushin watches over, is again divided into four, each ruled over by their own Kaiou. The 'East' quadrant of the universe if the one we know about, and the 'North' section of that quadrant is the one ruled over by our very own North Kaiou-sama. So if you follow that theory, there'd be 12 more quadrant sections and Kaiou's out there.

Of course, I'm not sure where I got that from... I'm sure it came from somewhere.
[url=http://www.projectafter.com]Project AFTER[/url]: Every fanfiction's worst nightmare.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sun Jan 25, 2004 12:36 am

It's got to be in one of the daizenshuus. Maybe the "World Guide" Volume.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:53 pm

Galaxies and "Erias" are decribed as the same way. Kaioshin are said to rule over each galaxy, but then so are Kaios which is why I asked. If that's the case, what the beejobies is an "Eria"?

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Sun Jan 25, 2004 8:22 pm

"Eria" sounds like Engrish for "area".

Jakez04
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jakez04 » Sun Jan 25, 2004 11:27 pm

I say........... Because I don't know. All I know is that Buu waste a few of them and then some other one took over and the Grand Kai controls all. Plus Goku can whomp on the Grand Kai.
Da Name is Jakez -ROC Baby!
[url=http://www.geocities.com/dragonfistgt]DragonFistGT![/url]

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:42 pm

Kaios rule over qudrants, grand Kaio rules over 4 qudrants, Kaioshin rules over all 4 galaxies. At one time perhaps the Kaioshin exhisted en mass as the equivalent of a Grand Kaio, however after Buu killed 3 of them, rand kaios were created to rule over each gakaxy and the one Kaioshin becomes the one Kaio TO RULE THEM ALL! Er yeah, thats at least the best I jhave been able to figure out.
-Laserkid

Jakez04
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jakez04 » Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:19 pm

Thats a lot of infomation. I gave up on the 2nd sentence. But the point is Goku can whomp on them all ^_________^.
Da Name is Jakez -ROC Baby!
[url=http://www.geocities.com/dragonfistgt]DragonFistGT![/url]

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:29 pm

Well, two whole sentences is more than anyone should be expected to read in this day and age of microchips and I-Pods. Good for you for making a stand!