artist needed for a dragonball fan manga I want to create

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dchan316
Beyond Newbie

Post by dchan316 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:14 am

Rocketman wrote:1. Pan was introduced in Z by Mr. Toriyama.
2. They killed Freeza, who ruled pretty much everything. How can they not be the strongest in the universe by GT?
I mean that it doesn't have to be part of the Dragonball story. They could be creative and go off on a completely separate tangent, ditching continuity all together. Saiyans, or Freeza, or Cell and Buu can be written off and it can be its own entity. Goku needn't be a Saiyan who saved the planet he was sent to destroy. The only thing that would really carry over would be the characters personalities.

Meh, maybe I'm alone on this, but judging from Mr.Toriyama's concept art of GT, this is what it seemed like it should have been. Goku is a kid, travelling around with Pan, and Trunks who is carrying a pistol.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:54 pm

On the whole, Goku SS(J)4/no pants thing, I think Saiyan armor would be a good bet. Maybe Bulma could make them all new armor for their space journey?
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Joey Batz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Joey Batz » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:53 pm

Considering that I'm trying to present this as a continuation of the manga, Dchan, I don't think I'd want to ditch the established continuity. GT already strayed too far from the established canon. I'm trying to rectify that little problem.

As interesting as your idea sounds, it would probably be better as an original story with original characters using an original title (in other words, not Dragon Ball). It sounds more like a space cowboy adventure than anything else, especially the part where Trunks has a pistol. Maybe I'm not the only one who should be looking for manga artists?

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:13 pm

Just out of curiosity, are you going to try and find someone who can color the manga for you? Because that would look awesome!

Joey Batz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Joey Batz » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:11 pm

SSj_Rambo wrote:Just out of curiosity, are you going to try and find someone who can color the manga for you? Because that would look awesome!
I don't think so. That would probaly add unnecessary work to the project and make it take longer. The manga didn't have color and we didn't complain, right?

Cartman Blues
Beyond Newbie

Post by Cartman Blues » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:34 pm

I'll help!
desirecampbell wrote:
Nothing is ever mentioned that being part human would impede the transformation to SSj4. Vegeta's body was literally invaded by an alien being

Rocketman wrote:
So was ChiChi's.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:35 pm

Joey Batz wrote:
SSj_Rambo wrote:Just out of curiosity, are you going to try and find someone who can color the manga for you? Because that would look awesome!
I don't think so. That would probaly add unnecessary work to the project and make it take longer. The manga didn't have color and we didn't complain, right?
The original did have a few colored chapters here and there, and they did look nice.

Maybe if someone wants to(not me, I suck XP) they can color a chapter or two?
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.

SaiyaMel
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyaMel » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:03 am

I've long time wanted a fanmanga drawn up on my Pre-DB Saiyan backstories... I'm quite good at drawing myself,, but I don't think I have the patience to produce a bunch of manga panel/pages.

I drew some of the cast already..

Who's up to it?
Just Saiyan...

finnishjuoppo
Beyond Newbie

Post by finnishjuoppo » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:35 am

I really want to see that how is this going to end!
I want to see new fan-manga:P
-"this is madness"
-"madness? no.. this..is.. dragonball!"

Joey Batz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Joey Batz » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:47 am

finnishjuoppo wrote:I really want to see that how is this going to end!
I don't think the ending is going to be TOO much different (actually that's not completely true. I have my own twists on the ending that I think you all would like). What you truly want to see is how the story is going to progress. Of course, that may be what you meant.

Right now, I'm writing a chapter that's completely original rather than an adaptation of an existing GT storyline. Boy, talk about hard when you don't have a story, characters, and dialogue to work with. Without Toei and Funimation doing my work for me, I really have to wrack my brain for ideas more than ever!

finnishjuoppo
Beyond Newbie

Post by finnishjuoppo » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:10 am

Joey Batz wrote:
finnishjuoppo wrote:I really want to see that how is this going to end!
I don't think the ending is going to be TOO much different (actually that's not completely true. I have my own twists on the ending that I think you all would like). What you truly want to see is how the story is going to progress. Of course, that may be what you meant.

Right now, I'm writing a chapter that's completely original rather than an adaptation of an existing GT storyline. Boy, talk about hard when you don't have a story, characters, and dialogue to work with. Without Toei and Funimation doing my work for me, I really have to wrack my brain for ideas more than ever!
I hope that this fan-manga is better then the real GT,but I liked GT...
Oh God keep Ultimate Gohan in your manga, I beg of you!
-"this is madness"

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:05 am

finnishjuoppo wrote:I hope that this fan-manga is better then the real GT,but I liked GT...
Even aside from my Gohan-hatin', I have to hope not, because it completely unbalances the whole thing. Gotenks is the only one who can get close, and that's only for five minutes. Meanwhile Goku and Vegeta are tied waaaay further down at SSj2, and Goku's SSJ3 is not only still much weaker than Gohan, it beats the stuffing out of his own body too.

It just recreates the 'one-man-show' with a different lead.

finnishjuoppo
Beyond Newbie

Post by finnishjuoppo » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:31 am

Rocketman wrote:
finnishjuoppo wrote:I hope that this fan-manga is better then the real GT,but I liked GT...
Even aside from my Gohan-hatin', I have to hope not, because it completely unbalances the whole thing. Gotenks is the only one who can get close, and that's only for five minutes. Meanwhile Goku and Vegeta are tied waaaay further down at SSj2, and Goku's SSJ3 is not only still much weaker than Gohan, it beats the stuffing out of his own body too.

It just recreates the 'one-man-show' with a different lead.
now that you said it like that, I agree with you, but can we say that Gohan lost his ultimate form due the lack of training?
-"this is madness"

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:51 am

I've been reading the script, and I love it so far, the humor is great, and its balanced out with action too.

I'll try to scan up some sketches tommorow. But tommorow night I leave for 2 weeks on a trip, so I won't be able to do anything for that time period. :(

Joey Batz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Joey Batz » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:48 pm

Finnishjuoppo and Rocketman-Burning-Out-His-Fuse-Up-Here-Alone (sorry, I just couldn't resist), Mystic Gohan (or Ultimate Gohan) will be in the story and will be the most powerful of all the Z fighters when the story begins. Of course, since he isn't going into space, that really never comes into play. However, as a result, it allows me to use him in ways that the severely weakened SSJ1/SSJ2 GT Gohan couldn't be used. Even though SSJ4 Goku will still be the strongest of all the characters, Gohan will now be not reduced to looking on from the sidelines, but will actually have a real role in the battles and story, if only a supporting one.

Big Momma, I'm glad you're enjoying it. But save your judgment for the chapter I'm writing now, which is one of the original adventures I hyped up and not an adaptation of an existing episode. Making your own story is MUCH harder than borrowing someone else's.

Metrite
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Metrite » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:26 pm

Wasn't there some official answer somewhere(perhaps it was the GT DBook faq) to the "Gohan going ssj again" thing?
Rocketman wrote:It just recreates the 'one-man-show' with a different lead.
If GT is 15 years after the Buu saga, why would characters be the exact same as they were then? That's easily enough time for certain characters to get a lot stronger/weaker. Ultimately, it seems the best thing to do is completely ignore any past suppositions and just imply that everybody's a lot different(leaving the "in what way" part up to the reader), so everybody can enjoy while not having their "religion" disturbed. :P

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:51 pm

Metrite wrote:
Rocketman wrote:It just recreates the 'one-man-show' with a different lead.
If GT is 15 years after the Buu saga, why would characters be the exact same as they were then? That's easily enough time for certain characters to get a lot stronger/weaker.
That's pretty much the way I'm doing it with my GT rewrite fanfic. Gohan still has the "mystic" powers, but he's been slacking off for almost 20 years, and has actually lost strength. Whereas Goku and Vegeta have been training their asses off for all that time, and have actually surpassed him with SSj3.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:27 am

Joey Batz wrote: Big Momma, I'm glad you're enjoying it. But save your judgment for the chapter I'm writing now, which is one of the original adventures I hyped up and not an adaptation of an existing episode. Making your own story is MUCH harder than borrowing someone else's.
But you adapted parts of THE ORIGINAL DRAGONBALL GT well, which is, my friend, a very impressive feat in and of itself. :wink:

finnishjuoppo
Beyond Newbie

Post by finnishjuoppo » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:00 am

Joey Batz wrote:Finnishjuoppo and Rocketman-Burning-Out-His-Fuse-Up-Here-Alone (sorry, I just couldn't resist), Mystic Gohan (or Ultimate Gohan) will be in the story and will be the most powerful of all the Z fighters when the story begins. Of course, since he isn't going into space, that really never comes into play. However, as a result, it allows me to use him in ways that the severely weakened SSJ1/SSJ2 GT Gohan couldn't be used. Even though SSJ4 Goku will still be the strongest of all the characters, Gohan will now be not reduced to looking on from the sidelines, but will actually have a real role in the battles and story, if only a supporting one.

Big Momma, I'm glad you're enjoying it. But save your judgment for the chapter I'm writing now, which is one of the original adventures I hyped up and not an adaptation of an existing episode. Making your own story is MUCH harder than borrowing someone else's.
thank GOD!
-"this is madness"

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:41 am

I'd thought of asking about something like this to either turn my Altered History series or my Of Angels and Demons fic into a fan-manga. Never asked because 1) AH is frikken huge and 2) Didn't expect any responses, even for the much much much shorter and easier OAaD.
I mean that it doesn't have to be part of the Dragonball story. They could be creative and go off on a completely separate tangent, ditching continuity all together. Saiyans, or Freeza, or Cell and Buu can be written off and it can be its own entity. Goku needn't be a Saiyan who saved the planet he was sent to destroy. The only thing that would really carry over would be the characters personalities.
Something like the, what, half dozen Tenchi Muyo! shows? That would have been pretty ineteresting. "Reset" the series back to the start, make a few continuity and history tweaks for your new universe, and go from that. Though I think replacing Trunks with a young Bulma (as in DB) and Pan with someone else would be better for such a thing. Tenchi Muyo, IIRC, simply 're-asigned' the characters but kept most of the details the same. I've actually considered doing similar before but for some reason it's harder to do than other kinds of AUs and continuity shifts.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.