Broly versus Super Buu

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KingBroly
Beyond Newbie

Broly versus Super Buu

Post by KingBroly » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:21 pm

Who wins? I'm gonna go with Broly because he blew up a galaxy. Super Buu didn't.

I think if Buu tried to turn Broly into Candy, Broly would come back like Vegito and win.

Also, Broly gets stronger as he fights.

Broly wins! :D
Broly!

mAcChaos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mAcChaos » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:48 pm

You should probably focus on replying to more threads before making so many early on. People might think you're spamming.

Buu could just absorb Broly.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

KingBroly
Beyond Newbie

Post by KingBroly » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:56 pm

No. SS2 Gohan and SS2 Goku barely won, yet Goku was holding his own as a SS2 against Kid Buu who was stronger than Super Buu.

If SS2 Goku and Gohan could barely beat Broly, then Broly must be stronger.
Broly!

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:15 pm

*Cries*

I don't even know why I'm replying to this. Really, I don't.

Well, ok, maybe a little. I like Broly and threads and comments like these are why a lot of people don't. So, on to the reply.

Super Buu would kill Broly just by sneezing on him. Broly does not get stronger as he fights. He continued to power-up during movie 8 but it wasn't some "ZOMG his power will forever be increasing!" effect. He just didn't max out right away. His full power is around that of Perfect Cell but no higher.

As for SSJ2 Goku and Gohan fighting Broly, he never fought any SSJ2s. Gohan only used SSJ in movie 10 and Goku wasn't physically present (and also only an SSJ). Let's also not forget that Gohan was weaker in movie 10 than he had been at the Cell Games.

Finally, Kid Buu is not stronger than Super Buu. Kid Buu is slightly stronger than Majin Buu (when he's not pissed off) but he's weaker than all forms of Super Buu. This is directly shown in the series by actions and comments. Goku says he and Vegeta can't take Super Buu without fusing. Goku then says he can defeat Kid Buu with his full SSJ3 power.

That is all.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

KingBroly
Beyond Newbie

Post by KingBroly » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:19 pm

But its stated that Kid Buu was more stronger.
Broly!

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:31 pm

KingBroly wrote:But its stated that Kid Buu was more stronger.
No, it's not. It's stated that Kid Buu is the "most dangerous" form of Buu. But both Goku and even Buu himself state that Super Buu is stronger. Kid Buu is only more dangerous because he's completely evil, unrestrained, and cares only about killing and destroying. Fat Buu just wanted to play and eat sweets. Super Buu just wanted a challange. Kid Buu just wants to kill you.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

KingBroly
Beyond Newbie

Post by KingBroly » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:17 pm

When does Buu state that Super Buu is stronger?
Broly!

Metrite
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Metrite » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:28 pm

Who wins? I'm gonna go with Broly
Good for you. So what is the point of this topic? If you've made up your mind already then there's no point in asking others.
When does Buu state that Super Buu is stronger?
In the anime it is stated numerous times that kid Buu is the strongest one, but you're dealing with manga purists here, so you'd better just forget trying to discuss any of this stuff. :P

KingBroly
Beyond Newbie

Post by KingBroly » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:29 pm

why would the anime say that if it wasnt true?
Broly!

Metrite
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Metrite » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:30 pm

You know, "Filler be stupid! Manga is holy! BlaBlaBla!" :P

KingBroly
Beyond Newbie

Post by KingBroly » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:32 pm

I dont get it. The show said that Kid Buu was the strongest. Why say it is its untrue?
Broly!

Kaioshin84

Post by Kaioshin84 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:36 pm

Super Buu is clearly the strongest because he has at his maximum power goten, trunks, piccolo and gohan inside him. Gohan is stronger then a Super Saiyan 3. And Super Buu whitout them absorbed was already at least equal to Super Saiyan 3. Since Fat Buu could already fight at an even level with a Super Saiyan 3, Super Buu certainly could do even better. Therefore if we add to this strength the powers of Mystic Gohan and two more ordinary super saiyans (goten, trunks) and even piccolo, who gives Super Buu an unsurpassed intelligence, the ultimate Super Buu is so monstrously strong that he easily surpasses all his other forms, including Kid Buu. Although the Kai's weakened Buu that is more then nullified by his absorptions of gohan, piccolo, goten and trunks. Also Kid Buu lacks the superior intelligence of Picoolo which makes Super Buu even more dangerous, not to mention all the techniques that he took over from the victims he absorbed. Kid Buu is very strong and incredibly fast. And he can regenerate faster then ever before so perhaps he has more endurance then in other forms since he is not encumbered by his absorptions when he reforms. Still the fact that Goku can actually hold his own against Kid Buu when at Super Saiyan 3, something which he hardly could against Super Buu clearly proves that Kid Buu is weaker then Super Buu. Off course Vegeta and Goku decide not to fuse again. But I think Vegito would have had no trouble at all finishing Kid Buu, far less then even Super Buu, which is I think the main reason why they didn't fuse again. After all, Saiyans want a challenge!

omegacwa

Post by omegacwa » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:36 pm

I can't recall a single time were it is said that Kid Buu is stronger. It is stated that he is the most dangerous, due to his lack of reason or intelligence.

Super Buu Gohan absorbed is the Strongest Buu. Goku wouldn't even get close to him, while Goku fought Kid Buu one on one and it was fairly even. Goku isn't a moron when it comes to fighting you know. Also Vegeta SSJ2 did ok, IE didn't get killed against Kid Buu, Vegeta wanted no part of super Buu, even saying he would die if they fought.

mAcChaos

Post by mAcChaos » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:54 pm

KingBroly wrote:I dont get it. The show said that Kid Buu was the strongest. Why say it is its untrue?
Well, first, there are differences between the anime and the manga, just like when you see a movie they might have made some changes from the book. In DBZ's case it's extraordinarily close to the manga, compared to other anime, but there are still slipups here and there or sometimes they throw in added stuff that wasn't in the manga to take up more time so they can fill out an episode.

Also, there's the english translation, which adds another layer of changes that confuse people too.

I think it was only the English dub that said he's the strongest, but I don't remember. Maybe it was the Japanese version. The point is that Kid Buu wasn't really the strongest, as in the most powerful. That was Super Buu; he had all the Saiyans and so on, and when you took their power out you got Kid Buu, so he couldn't have been stronger. The difference was that the personalities of the people he absorbed made Super Buu more arrogant and interested in fighting and so on. Kid Buu was less powerful but more dangerous because he just went right for the throat.
Last edited by mAcChaos on Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

KingBroly
Beyond Newbie

Post by KingBroly » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:54 pm

Look. It's stated that Kid Buu is stronger

http://youtube.com/watch?v=55n23F1Ue4A
Broly!

Metrite
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Metrite » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:58 pm

Sorry, nobody will accept quotes from the dub. Even if you used statements from the original anime... like I said before, "Filler be Stupid! Manga is holy! Blablabla!" :P

omegacwa

Post by omegacwa » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:59 pm

That's just poorly translated English dub. Which is sad because by that time the translations were a lot better. Like if you watch the episode were majin Vegeta blows up against Fat Buu with Steve Simmons subtitles on, it's not that far off.

KingBroly
Beyond Newbie

Post by KingBroly » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:59 pm

Then why does the english version say these things?
Broly!

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:00 pm

Metrite wrote:Sorry, nobody will accept quotes from the dub. Even if you used statements from the original anime... like I said before, "Filler be Stupid! Manga is holy! Blablabla!" :P

That's not entirely true. When the dub mistranslates something, of course it doesn't make sense for anyone to believe it. Why would you believe something the author never intended?
Trans rights, now!

Metrite
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Metrite » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:02 pm

SonEric84 wrote:That's not entirely true. When the dub mistranslates something, of course it doesn't make sense for anyone to believe it.
Hence me saying, "nobody will accept quotes from the dub". lol
Last edited by Metrite on Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.