Favorite villans?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KingBroly
Beyond Newbie

Post by KingBroly » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:55 pm

What about Janemba. He was pretty cool.
Broly!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:31 pm

Vegeta. I loved him as a bad guy. He also seems more constructive when he's in that role for some reason. (The amount of strategy he used during the Freeza episodes was amazing!)
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:39 pm

omegacwa wrote:That's why to me Vegeta during the Cell arc makes no sense because he lets Cell become perfect when he should have just killed him like Dodoria and Kui, and Zarbon, Reccome, Burter, Jeece, Guldo, Pui Pui, and so on.
One word, pride. Vegeta's saiyan pride was too strong to not face the challenge of perfect Cell after he said "If I had my perfect body I could defeat you".
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

kusakun004
Beyond Newbie

Post by kusakun004 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:43 pm

Jeece and Ryuu Shinron. I don't know why though.

Chrono Trigger
Advanced Regular

Post by Chrono Trigger » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:50 pm

For me it's a tie between Cell and Freeza. I like Freeza because he's evil but polite about it. That and I love his original voice actor. I don't know why I like Cell so much. He's just a really cool bad guy to me. I really don't care for Majinn Buu though. He's just evil for the sake of being evil which I really don't find all that interesting.
I completely respect your opinion, and I respect you. I enjoyed discussing this with you, even if I don't completely agree.

If we're all here for a reason then I'm just visiting.

If it's held in your heart then you can't let go.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:54 pm

Cell and Kid Boo are my favorites.

Cell was evil because it was fun. He enjoyed fighting new and stronger opponents to test his own skill. He was like an evil Goku.

Kid Boo, on the other hand, was just pure mindless evil. He killed and destroyed without even thinking about it. I like him because he doesn't hesitate or think, he just destroys it because it's there and he can.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:11 pm

b
Last edited by Kunzait_83 on Sun May 01, 2011 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:04 pm

Kunzait_83 wrote:
omegacwa wrote:I always thought Vegeta was a great villain and a great hero. He was perfect villain because he was ruthless and willing to kill his opponents even if they couldn't fight back.

That's why to me Vegeta during the Cell arc makes no sense because he lets Cell become perfect when he should have just killed him like Dodoria and Kui, and Zarbon, Reccome, Burter, Jeece, Guldo, Pui Pui, and so on.
Word. He made a great villain (Saiya-jin, Freeza, early Buu) and a likeable enough hero (late Buu, GT), but an irritating and shitty anti-hero (Cell).
SSJ2bardock wrote:One word, pride. Vegeta's saiyan pride was too strong to not face the challenge of perfect Cell after he said "If I had my perfect body I could defeat you".
That is, and always has been, a lame-ass excuse. Vegeta rightly deserved the ass reaming he took from that.
I'm completely with you that he deserved the ass beating that ensued, but when has Vegeta ever turned down a chance to test his real power, why do you think he keeps trying to fight Goku?
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:07 pm

Kunzait_83 wrote:
That is, and always has been, a lame-ass excuse. Vegeta rightly deserved the ass reaming he took from that.
I think Vegeta should have been killed by Cell for his over confidence.
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

dchan316
Beyond Newbie

Post by dchan316 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:11 pm

Tao Pai Pai. He kills Blue with is tongue of all things! Then he breaks a column with a light touch and kick, and flings it accurately for thousands of kilometers and hops on for a ride. Then he pummels Goku as if it weren't much of a chore.

Also, he influenced designs for Shishio's blind swordsman from Kenshin, and Lau from Virtua Fighter, who's daughter happens to be named Pai (Lau Pai Pai?)

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:14 pm

dchan316 wrote:Tao Pai Pai. He kills Blue with is tongue of all things! Then he breaks a column with a light touch and kick, and flings it accurately for thousands of kilometers and hops on for a ride. Then he pummels Goku as if it weren't much of a chore.

Also, he influenced designs for Shishio's blind swordsman from Kenshin, and Lau from Virtua Fighter, who's daughter happens to be named Pai (Lau Pai Pai?)
Did he really have an influence on the blind swordsman from Rurouni Kenshin? I had no idea, you never know when Dragonball is gonna pop up somewhere where you least expect it.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Jermyn

Post by Jermyn » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:15 pm

Freeza and Cell tied in first place.
Majin Buu (all forms) in second.
Piccolo Daimao in third.
Kunzait_83 wrote:That is, and always has been, a lame-ass excuse. Vegeta rightly deserved the ass reaming he took from that.
It's no more idiotic than him daring Freeza to transform in to his second form or him not just blasting Zarbon right away, the first time they fought

KingBroly
Beyond Newbie

Post by KingBroly » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:17 pm

Who else thinks that Raditz could have had a bigger role as a villain? He was pretty cool. Too bad he wasn't that strong.
Broly!

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:19 pm

KingBroly wrote:Who else thinks that Raditz could have had a bigger role as a villain? He was pretty cool. Too bad he wasn't that strong.
Dude, start a new thread if you want to talk about that, that's actually not a bad idea so take it to a new thread.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

dchan316
Beyond Newbie

Post by dchan316 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:23 pm

SSJ2bardock wrote:Did he really have an influence on the blind swordsman from Rurouni Kenshin? I had no idea, you never know when Dragonball is gonna pop up somewhere where you least expect it.
Yea, on the 66th page of book 14 of the Viz Kenshin, he states that people thought he was inspired by Lau, but it was actually Tao.

KingBroly
Beyond Newbie

Post by KingBroly » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:25 pm

SSJ2bardock wrote:
KingBroly wrote:Who else thinks that Raditz could have had a bigger role as a villain? He was pretty cool. Too bad he wasn't that strong.
Dude, start a new thread if you want to talk about that, that's actually not a bad idea so take it to a new thread.
I made one.
Broly!

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:27 pm

KingBroly wrote:
SSJ2bardock wrote:
I made one.
That's all fine and dandy, but you don't need to come back to this one and tell me that. Moderate your posts and think if you actually need to say it before you post it. For example, you don't need to come back and respond to the post I just made.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Vivisection

Post by Vivisection » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:10 am

The usual suspects - Freeza, Cell and Ma Jr. in no particular order.

For reasons unknown, I've also got a soft spot for Tullece -
SSJ2bardock wrote: Besides, who doesn't like a saiyan space pirate that may or may not be related to Goku? :D
This man speaks the truth. :D

KingBroly
Beyond Newbie

Post by KingBroly » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:12 am

Tullece is Turles right?
Broly!

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:14 am

KingBroly wrote:Tullece is Tullece right?
Yes, Tu-rles is the same character as Tullece.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ