What's this? A well done DBZ vs Naruto video? No way!

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:11 am

Big Momma wrote:Kyuubi would give Oozaru a run for its money.
Kyuubi itself, yeah. But Naruto would die if Kyuubi fully broke loose. Just 3 or 4 tails' worth of power, and Naruto's almost toast.

...burnt toast.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

djkalteraphine
Regular

Post by djkalteraphine » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:24 am

I demand a Kuririn Vs Neji rematch.

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:19 am

b
Last edited by Kunzait_83 on Mon May 02, 2011 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:03 am

I never suprises me the lack of respect Narutards have for Dragonball. Take it that the creator of their favorite show loves the series, and that the fans in Japan view it as a classic. Their show right now is getting the best treatment I've ever seen for a manga/anime. The manga is being brought over in a timely fashion, and the anime is moving right along. Yet some of them still complain about Viz and stupid shit. At least they are getting something Dragonball fans have yet to get in America.
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:39 pm

Raki wrote:I never suprises me the lack of respect Narutards have for Dragonball. Take it that the creator of their favorite show loves the series, and that the fans in Japan view it as a classic. Their show right now is getting the best treatment I've ever seen for a manga/anime. The manga is being brought over in a timely fashion, and the anime is moving right along. Yet some of them still complain about Viz and stupid shit. At least they are getting something Dragonball fans have yet to get in America.
Amen, and good usage of the word "Narutards".
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:48 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:
Kyuubi itself, yeah. But Naruto would die if Kyuubi fully broke loose. Just 3 or 4 tails' worth of power, and Naruto's almost toast.

...burnt toast.
What the heck is a kyuubi? Is it fox-related like Kyubimon from Tamers?
I demand a Kuririn Vs Neji rematch.
Heh heh. Buyt with Krillin's rep, that wasn't too surprising.

Zuhalter2000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zuhalter2000 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:09 pm

I mean really, what "ninja" wears an orange jumpsuit? Narto and DBZ can not be compared. They have different defenitions of power.
[b]*Supporter of the Remastered Season Sets*[/b]
[quote="Tenshinhan (Ocean Dub)"]This three-eyed cowboy is going for one last ride![/quote]
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Zuhalter2000[/url]

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:14 pm

Super Sonic wrote:
SSj Kaboom wrote:

...burnt toast.
What the heck is a kyuubi? Is it fox-related like Kyubimon from Tamers?
Kyuubi no Youko (Nine-Tailed Demon Fox), is the original Japanese name for the demon that is inside Naruto. In Japanese mythology, foxes(kitsune) are often featured. They're kind of akin to the Native American folklore about Coyote I find. Foxes in the myths often had multiple tails, which indicated how old and spiritually advanced they were. Nine-tailed foxes(kyuubui no kitsune), were considered to be the most powerful and lngest lived(usually 1000 years), of all.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:43 pm

djkalteraphine wrote:I demand a Kuririn Vs Neji rematch.
Why? He would just lose again. :P

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:54 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
djkalteraphine wrote:I demand a Kuririn Vs Neji rematch.
Why? He would just lose again. :P
I don't think Krillin is getting enough credit here, he's a master a manipulating his ki and he has the Kienzan, Kamehameha, and Taiyoken. He could just blind him then slice him in half. 8)
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

mAcChaos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mAcChaos » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:56 pm

The Z characters from the second Boudokai would probably be a good match. But then again I don't really remember any Naruto characters even being able to fire the most basic of energy blasts except as a huge expenditure.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

Velasa

Post by Velasa » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:19 am

Off topic, I know, but I can never take Naruto's powers seriosuly because every time someone says nine-tailed fox I think about the pretty poofy little thing from Pokemon and I can't stop laughing. I also simply loathe the character, but that's even more off topic < <
[quote="Rocketman"]Rocketman is to ChiChi as Velasa is to _______.

A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]

Pain

Post by Pain » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:30 am

Does anyone agree that the Narutards give the characters in Naruto too much credit?
Forum Occupation: Rebel/"The Spoiler"
Member #:2148
Post Rank: #33
Greatest Dragonball Successor: One Piece
Forum Role Model: SSj Kaboom

Bleach Title Of The Week: All Colour But the Black

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:07 am

Pain wrote:Does anyone agree that the Narutards give the characters in Naruto too much credit?
Agreed, they let their love for the show cloud their judgement when comparing them to DBZ or other shows. It's almost like they take it personally as if we're saying "HA my show is stronger than your show!" but that isn't the case, we are simply stating the fact that the Z power scale is so much higher than almost everything else.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:17 am

Pain wrote:Does anyone agree that the Narutards give the characters in Naruto too much credit?
In the same way we might give characters from Dragonball too much credit.
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:55 am

Raki wrote:
In the same way we might give characters from Dragonball too much credit.
Maybe if comparing characters within the show to one another, but not when comparing it to Naruto. If you look at it logically you can pretty easily deduce that the characters from DBZ would defeat Naruto characters. Fact, DBZ characters can destroy entire planets as early as the the very first saga of the anime. Fact, DBZ characters have become infinitley stronger at the end of the series compared to the beginning. Fact, Naruto characters cannot destroy planets. Fact, DBZ characters are much stronger than Naruto characters.

We also have some insight to the deduction that DBZ would defeat Naruto, Goku defeated a master ninja when he was only a child so the ninja abilities of Naruto characters wouldn't be as effective as the fans would like you to believe. Now I realize that the ninja from Dragonball isn't anywhere near as strong as the characters from Naruto, but it is proof that Goku has defeated a ninja.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:14 am

SSJ2bardock wrote:Maybe if comparing characters within the show to one another, but not when comparing it to Naruto. If you look at it logically you can pretty easily deduce that the characters from DBZ would defeat Naruto characters. Fact, DBZ characters can destroy entire planets as early as the the very first saga of the anime. Fact, DBZ characters have become infinitley stronger at the end of the series compared to the beginning. Fact, Naruto characters cannot destroy planets. Fact, DBZ characters are much stronger than Naruto characters.

We also have some insight to the deduction that DBZ would defeat Naruto, Goku defeated a master ninja when he was only a child so the ninja abilities of Naruto characters wouldn't be as effective as the fans would like you to believe. Now I realize that the ninja from Dragonball isn't anywhere near as strong as the characters from Naruto, but it is proof that Goku has defeated a ninja.

I love how people here moan and act all butthurt about how their fav series DBZ gets unfairly bashed by judgemental elitists who talk against it like they know way more than they do, yet dont hesitate to turn around and display the exact same behaviour with Naruto. Give me a freaking break. :roll:
Raki wrote: In the same way we might give characters from Dragonball too much credit.
Couldn't agree more. 8)

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:08 am

Zuhalter2000 wrote:I mean really, what "ninja" wears an orange jumpsuit? Narto and DBZ can not be compared. They have different defenitions of power.
"Day-glo Orange" is the new black.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:27 am

Jerseymilk wrote:
SSJ2bardock wrote:Maybe if comparing characters within the show to one another, but not when comparing it to Naruto. If you look at it logically you can pretty easily deduce that the characters from DBZ would defeat Naruto characters. Fact, DBZ characters can destroy entire planets as early as the the very first saga of the anime. Fact, DBZ characters have become infinitley stronger at the end of the series compared to the beginning. Fact, Naruto characters cannot destroy planets. Fact, DBZ characters are much stronger than Naruto characters.

I love how people here moan and act all butthurt about how their fav series DBZ gets unfairly bashed by judgemental elitists who talk against it like they know way more than they do, yet dont hesitate to turn around and display the exact same behaviour with Naruto. Give me a freaking break. :roll:
I was just trying to prove a point that you can explain that DBZ is stronger in a civilized manner without saying "ZOMG Naruto FTW fuk Goku and DBZ because its a old show LAWLZ". Besides, its not like what I was saying was inaccurate or offensive. I'm not mad about any of this, I'm just trying to explain it and if the Naruto characters really were stronger I couldn't care less.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:22 am

Actually I'm not really sure your deductions are all that accurate. What I see is someone who's DB bias clearly shows. Quite frankly, everything from the core basic techniques(other than the idea of ki/chi) to the culture and history of the worlds themselves are so different that I don't think one can use such simple guidelines such as blowing up a planet, to compare them. How can you make that a valid comparison when the issue of other planets and outer space never comes up in Naruto period? Therefore, you have no idea whether or not they can blow one up. For this reason I think the entire idea of comparing characters from various series in little "deathmatches" is silly anyway.

What I get from you and some of the others here is someone who when they mention Naruto, all they see is an obnoxious kid screaming all the time and how annoying and stupid all the fans of the show are. Pretty much the same as how people who disdain DBZ only see a bunch of testosterone-pumped muscleheads constantly grunting and having fights that never end. Along with thinking all the fans are stupid and annoying.

I'm also confused by you saying "if Naruto characters really are stronger I could care less". Then why did you take the time to make such a thorough post pointing out the superiority of the fighters in DBZ over the fighters in Naruto? Ya you may have posted in a civil manner, but you still clearly let your bias and "double standard way of thinking" come through.
Last edited by Jerseymilk on Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:59 am, edited 2 times in total.