What's this? A well done DBZ vs Naruto video? No way!

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:44 am

Kyuubi would give Oozaru a run for its money.
http://xyex.deviantart.com/art/Kyuubi-V ... u-44739933

8)
Kyuubi itself, yeah. But Naruto would die if Kyuubi fully broke loose. Just 3 or 4 tails' worth of power, and Naruto's almost toast.
Unless you have a plausible explanation like I do for the fic the above image comes from! :P

But yeah, the Kyuubi could waste pretty much anyone in Dagonball. Z... eh, he'd start hitting trouble, but DB would be a cake walk.

Someone brought up the "DB/Z characters can blow-up planets" thing earlier. Sure. They can do that. But I've never seen even Vegetto wave a hand and cause a hurricane. :P The Kyuubi's a walking natural disaster. Just moving can lay waste to huge areas of land.
I mean really, what "ninja" wears an orange jumpsuit?
The loud, showy, flashy kind.

Let's also not forget that Naruto does not feature 'traditional Ninjas' in the slightest. These villages aren't training the next main character of Shinobi.

And if you really want to get into comments like that... what kind of Pirate isn't able to swim (exenuating circumstances change nothing, he still can't swim XP).

Anyway, as for how various Naruto characters would do against DB/Z characters... it would depend on which Naruto characters at what point in the series are fighting against what DB/Z characters from which point in the series.

Let's also not forget that the DB/Z characters have never dealt with moves like those the majority Naruto characters use. Roshi wouldn't last 2 seconds against a Sexy no Jutsu. A well placed Rasengan from even pre-timeskip Naruto could probably OHKO a fair majority of early DB characters. And I think anyone short Nappa would have an issue dealing with the likes of the Sannin.

And let's also not forget that all the power in the universe wont help you if you're trapped in a Genjutsu. None of the DB/Z characters would stand a chance in Hell against any Genjutsu.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:54 am

Xyex wrote:Someone brought up the "DB/Z characters can blow-up planets" thing earlier. Sure. They can do that. But I've never seen even Vegetto wave a hand and cause a hurricane. :P The Kyuubi's a walking natural disaster. Just moving can lay waste to huge areas of land.
Saiyan Saga Vegeta powering up created hurricane-force winds. :P

And, for the most part, the good guys aren't trying to cause massive damage, because they don't want to destroy any of the Dragonballs scattered around.

But even Nappa could level a city (and create an explosion a sizable percentage of the planet's diameter) with a gesture.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:04 am

Rocketman wrote:
Xyex wrote:Someone brought up the "DB/Z characters can blow-up planets" thing earlier. Sure. They can do that. But I've never seen even Vegetto wave a hand and cause a hurricane. :P The Kyuubi's a walking natural disaster. Just moving can lay waste to huge areas of land.
Saiyan Saga Vegeta powering up created hurricane-force winds. :P

And, for the most part, the good guys aren't trying to cause massive damage, because they don't want to destroy any of the Dragonballs scattered around.

But even Nappa could level a city (and create an explosion a sizable percentage of the planet's diameter) with a gesture.
Yes, but these are attacks and concentrated exertions of force. Not a simple wag of a tail~
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:03 am

b
Last edited by Kunzait_83 on Mon May 02, 2011 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:35 am

Well I think we all fall into that trap at times Kunzait. The important thing is admitting and recognizing it. And hey I'll be the first to admit there are a lot of stupid Naruto fans out there.

In regards to the uniforms? As someone who has cosplayed TJ Shikamaru, they're very comfy and you feel pretty cool wearing them. Same with my Tsunade cosplay. Still one of my comfiest cosplays to wear. Well other than the shoes. You want to talk impractical ninja wear? Heeled sandals! Not con-friendly! >< But then whether one likes them or not is subjective yes?
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:45 am

What I mean't when I said I could care less if Naruto was stronger was that if somebody arguing the Naruto side could give me some valid reasons as to why and prove me wrong, then I could accept that. I'm not even gonna discuss this anymore because nothing good can ever come from it.

Oh yeah, the costumes are pretty stupid too, but then again an orange gi might not come off as cool to other people.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

mAcChaos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mAcChaos » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:42 am

I like DBZ and Naruto, although DBZ more, but I still don't think they could hold a candle to any DB guys. The nine tailed Fox would obviously but that's not really a main character. Plus even if he could cause hurricanes that doesn't mean his strength ramps up more after that. Does anyone have that scene anywhere to show? I don't remember it happening.

Also, as mentioned before the Z fighters have created earthquakes and things like that just by powering up, and that's when they hold back since if they didn't the planets would've been destroyed a long time ago. (See: Final flash. Vegeta purposely narrowed it and aimed it just at Cell.)
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

Metrite
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Metrite » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:58 am

Kyuubi's closer to 328 feet.
Is there a point in the series where it's size is clearly seen? I've read the whole manga(may have just forgotten... in it's latest appearance, it was hard to tell but didn't look over a hundred), so if it's at least in the anime, which ep?
And let's also not forget that all the power in the universe wont help you if you're trapped in a Genjutsu. None of the DB/Z characters would stand a chance in Hell against any Genjutsu.
The argument often brought up to that is the fact that genjutsu is done by manipulating the chakra of an apponent. DB characters don't have chakra, making genjutsu useless on them. :P

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:28 pm

Metrite wrote:The argument often brought up to that is the fact that genjutsu is done by manipulating the chakra of an apponent. DB characters don't have chakra, making genjutsu useless on them. :P
Chakra and Ki/Chi are essentially the same thing. :P
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

mAcChaos

Post by mAcChaos » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:34 pm

I think the Z characters mastery over Ki and their bodies would be greater than that; Buu enters Vegito and instead of Buu having control and blowing him up from the inside Vegito manages to control where he goes and trap Buu instead. And if psychic attacks or things like that worked on them Chaoatzu would've been a force to be feared, but they get over that quick.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:49 pm

Jerseymilk wrote:
Metrite wrote:The argument often brought up to that is the fact that genjutsu is done by manipulating the chakra of an apponent. DB characters don't have chakra, making genjutsu useless on them. :P
Chakra and Ki/Chi are essentially the same thing. :P
Basically yeah..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chakra
Chakra - is a Sanskrit term meaning circle or wheel. There is a wide range of literature on chakra models, philosophy, and lore that underpin many philosophical systems and spiritual energy practices, religious observance, and personal discipline. Theories on chakras fit within systems that link the human body and mind into a single unit, sometimes called the 'bodymind' (Sanskrit: namarupa). The philosophical theories and models of chakras as centers of energy were first codified in Ancient India.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ch%27i
Chi - It is frequently translated as "energy flow", and is often compared to Western notions of energeia or élan vital (vitalism). The literal translation is "air", "breath", or "gas" (compare the original meaning of Latin spiritus "breathing").

Ki is the Japanese pronunciation of Chi

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:57 pm

b
Last edited by Kunzait_83 on Mon May 02, 2011 1:08 am, edited 3 times in total.

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Onikage725

Post by Onikage725 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:02 pm

@Jerseymilk: I'm a pretty big fan of both series, and I have to agree that power comparisons like this are silly. I think a Dragon Ball/Naruto crossover would be very fun, but I don't see the point in comparing Z.

Genjutsu aside (and does that video have anyone falling to Genjutsu? I cant watch from here, but usually when I see vids like that, they lose me when Z characters fall to punches), the powers aren't comparable.

Example- not too long ago in the anime, Naruto slipped into his 4th tale state and fought Orochimaru. This was a high level fight that destroyed a good portion of the forest around them. So basically, on a power scale, it would have been fun to see Daimao involved. Sufficiently powerful characters on DBZ can shrug of Genjutsu-type attacks (i.e. Nappa completely ignoring Chaozu's mental assualt) and even go so far as to rip holes into other dimensions.

Then you go somewhere like GameFAQS and some brat or another keeps going on and on about how a Rasengan from mid-era Naruto would tear through a Kamehameha and OHKO Goku in the process (and they're referring to late end Goku), and it kind of makes you scratch your head.

Here's another thing to keep in mind- it would be hard for a Naruto character to generate enough force to kill a Z Fighter, unless completely incapacitated. At rest, the weakest of their bunch, in the earliest eras of the story are depicted as bulletproof. Naruto characters consider kunai and shuriken standard combat instruments.

And planetary destruction does make Z somewhat retarded. That isn't a bias, its an observation. The series seriously gets ridiculous.

Hey you want bias? I'd love to see Gouki/Akuma beat the shit out of that stupid little pink condom-headed Buu. But, no matter how badass Satsui no Hado is, and how strong the Shunkgokusatsu, it really wouldn't matter if Buu just blew up the earth and carried on with his day.

If I can objectively admit that, I don't get why Naruto fans (I guess I should say some, cuz I count as a Naruto fan) can't admit that just because Kakashi is in all ways the shit doesn't mean he would smite Cell era Piccolo with ease on those grounds alone. And please don't anyone say Sharingan, because that is limited to the users own ability to manipulate chakra, and Kakashi has admitted that his level in this regard isn't anything special.

@Kunait: Thanos + Infinity Gauntlet FTW
Last edited by Onikage725 on Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To show my appreciation, I'll only beat them half to death.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:03 pm

As stated earlier, it really depends on what point in the series the opposing characters are from. Like, I'm sure no one and Naruto could take anyone at the end of Z, but DB and maybe early Z could be given a semi-hard time, or at least take a little damage.

But one thing that irks me is when people complain about the costumes in Naruto, saying how they aren't realistic(According to traditional ninja). I personally think it's stupid to complain about realism in any kind of anime, especially when you watch one where people fly and shoot energy out of their palms.And when I said stupid, I wasn't calling anyone that, s please don't take it that way >.<
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Onikage725

Post by Onikage725 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:08 pm

Big Momma wrote:As stated earlier, it really depends on what point in the series the opposing characters are from. Like, I'm sure no one and Naruto could take anyone at the end of Z, but DB and maybe early Z could be given a semi-hard time, or at least take a little damage.

But one thing that irks me is when people complain about the costumes in Naruto, saying how they aren't realistic(According to traditional ninja). I personally think it's stupid to complain about realism in any kind of anime, especially when you watch one where people fly and shoot energy out of their palms.And when I said stupid, I wasn't calling anyone that, s please don't take it that way >.<
Eh, like I said, I would LOVE to see a Dragon Ball-centric Z Senshi crossover with Naruto (if you wanna know who I mean, look at the last shot in the intro to Dead Zone). Ditto Street Fighter or YYH (though I think YYH goes past what Naruto has around the Sensui arc).

Please note that strength =/= quality. I notice many people in these debates link the two, and argue for favorites. Strength of storytelling prevails over biggest energy blast. But speaking from a straight up power standpoint, comparing mid-late Z with most other anime is like musing if Cap could take Supes on the grounds of his better combat training. Answer- unless he has a certain green rock, no.

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:20 pm

b
Last edited by Kunzait_83 on Mon May 02, 2011 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:20 pm

Onikage725 wrote:
Big Momma wrote:As stated earlier, it really depends on what point in the series the opposing characters are from. Like, I'm sure no one and Naruto could take anyone at the end of Z, but DB and maybe early Z could be given a semi-hard time, or at least take a little damage.

Eh, like I said, I would LOVE to see a Dragon Ball-centric Z Senshi crossover with Naruto (if you wanna know who I mean, look at the last shot in the intro to Dead Zone). Ditto Street Fighter or YYH (though I think YYH goes past what Naruto has around the Sensui arc).

Please note that strength =/= quality. I notice many people in these debates link the two, and argue for favorites. Strength of storytelling prevails over biggest energy blast. But speaking from a straight up power standpoint, comparing mid-late Z with most other anime is like musing if Cap could take Supes on the grounds of his better combat training. Answer- unless he has a certain green rock, no.
A cross-over is always nice to have, I'm even deep into my own massive cross-over comic(I've posted it here before, I think), and with the main character a saiyan, it gets hard to even out the strength. When I included the Naruto world, I didn't have the saiyan fighting at the full potential, and the fights against Naruto characters were all friendly sparring matches. I'll try to get it up sometime to show you what I mean.
Just to clarify, when I ragged on the Naruto ninja outfits, it had absolutely nothing to do with pining for "realism" or "historical accuracy". I just think that they look dumb as designs in and of themselves (not all of them mind you, but a good majority of them), and the only reason I referenced traditional ninja wear to begin with was because I felt that given the choice between the typical Naruto ninja look, and the traditional ninja garb, the traditional comes out looking the more badass of the two by many miles.
I understand what you're saying. I've just seen people that do that. Some of the outfits do look ridiculous to me, but I just disregard it, because Naruto's outfit does match his personality...loud.(He gets better later on in the series, he's worse at the beginning)
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:32 pm

Kunzait_83 wrote:given the choice between the typical Naruto ninja look, and the traditional ninja garb, the traditional comes out looking the more badass of the two by many miles.
Which is just one of many reasons why Kakashi is so badass. He actually dresses like a ninja.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:34 pm

b
Last edited by Kunzait_83 on Mon May 02, 2011 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread

Onikage725

Post by Onikage725 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:22 pm

Big Momma wrote:Eh, like I said, I would LOVE to see a Dragon Ball-centric Z Senshi crossover with Naruto (if you wanna know who I mean, look at the last shot in the intro to Dead Zone). Ditto Street Fighter or YYH (though I think YYH goes past what Naruto has around the Sensui arc).
There was this all-anime crossover RP I used to be a part of (one of those e-mail based ones, back when I was in high school). My characters were Piccolo and Agito Makashima (from Guyver).

The only one of the two I would involve in combat was Agito (and half the time without bio-boosting). The majority of the characters being played were from Ranma, Sailor Moon, and Kenshin. So the basic enemy tended to be Sailor Moon-style demons and monsters. I honestly couldn't think of a single plausible way to involve Piccolo beyond "Piccolo sneezes and all are defeated." I wound up making it so his character was post Kami fusion, and he basically played a mentor role to Ranma and Ryouga, teaching them about ki control while taking a stance of non-involvement in their conflict in all but the worst scenarios.

Everyone involved was fairly knowledgeable about various anime and fairly good at playing in character. And having a Dragon Ball character really just showed the disconnect between that series and your average combat-themed shonen series. No villain could possibly be introduced on his level, because every other player would have to sit back. Likewise, he couldn't fight their villains, because it just be like playing a video game on god mode.

Hell, even playing as a Guyver was a bit much given that sampling of characters. For those who don't know, a Guyver is probably around high-end Naruto levels of power (though nowhere near as varied, given that combat in that show is straight forward and not centered around the various jutsus).