DBZ Season 7 faux remastered cover?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:37 pm

Raki wrote:Season 7 Trailer ....I think there will be 10 sets instead of nine.
So people are starting to receive their Season Six sets. Looking forward to screencaps and the like.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:55 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:
Raki wrote:Season 7 Trailer ....I think there will be 10 sets instead of nine.
So people are starting to receive their Season Six sets. Looking forward to screencaps and the like.
And musings on whether the insert song was kept in the dub.

Bah, if they're getting DBZ Season Six I want my One Piece Season One Second Voyage early!!!!!!!!!!!!
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

MagicBox
Advanced Regular

Post by MagicBox » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:57 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
SSj Kaboom wrote:So people are starting to receive their Season Six sets. Looking forward to screencaps and the like.
Somebody on the FUNi Forums already confirmed that "Spirit vs. Spirit" isn't in the dub on either English track, I'm afraid. Here's the post.
Last edited by MagicBox on Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

disturbed001
Regular

Post by disturbed001 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:58 pm

I'm not too sure about there being 10 sets, I always thought that season seven would be Great Saiyaman and World Tournament Sagas, 25 episodes

Season 8 will be Babidi and Majin Buu Sagas, 34 episodes.

Season 9 will be Fusion and Kid Buu Sagas, 38 episodes.

Looks good to me.
"hmm lets see.....nope, I don't have any Jewish candy"

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:02 pm

MagicBox wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:
SSj Kaboom wrote:So people are starting to receive their Season Six sets. Looking forward to screencaps and the like.
Somebody on the FUNi Forums already confirmed that "Spirit vs. Spirit" isn't in the dub on either English track, I'm afraid. Here's the post.
Must have been a rights issue. Ah well...
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

shotkeeper
Regular

Post by shotkeeper » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:38 pm

At least it's there in the Japanese one :D. Now we only wait till 11 November, then we will know if there are going to be 9 or 10 seasons.

I can't wait to get my season 6. Well the DBZ sets are the same story, I'm more concerned about GT. Will it be fullscreen or widescreen, how many episodes, how many discs, will the Japanese audio with dub track included. Why are they pushing it back, I really hope to release Season 8 in December. Haha hope.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:50 pm

MagicBox wrote:Somebody on the FUNi Forums already confirmed that "Spirit vs. Spirit" isn't in the dub on either English track, I'm afraid. Here's the post.
I'm sure we wouldn't have been able to hear it over Gohan's inner monologue anyway, so no big loss. It's still there on the Japanese track.

Are there any more major insert songs in upcoming Seasons for FUNi to skip? Unmei No Hi is the latest one I know about.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Vegeta1984
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegeta1984 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:35 pm

Awesome. I like the trailer. It looks like we're stuck with the Piccolo cover.

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:26 pm

rofl, some other video posted has the most retarded description...

"The offical Dragonball z season seven trailer...posted on dbz.com by Akira himself "

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:19 pm

So.. is there a season 7 trailer?

Pain
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Pain » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:21 pm

I still wonder why Piccolo is on the cover.
Forum Occupation: Rebel/"The Spoiler"
Member #:2148
Post Rank: #33
Greatest Dragonball Successor: One Piece
Forum Role Model: SSj Kaboom

Bleach Title Of The Week: All Colour But the Black

Levlik
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Levlik » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:35 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:
MagicBox wrote:Somebody on the FUNi Forums already confirmed that "Spirit vs. Spirit" isn't in the dub on either English track, I'm afraid. Here's the post.
I'm sure we wouldn't have been able to hear it over Gohan's inner monologue anyway, so no big loss. It's still there on the Japanese track.

Are there any more major insert songs in upcoming Seasons for FUNi to skip? Unmei No Hi is the latest one I know about.
There are four insert songs throughout Z. "Shura-Iro no Senshi" from episode 20, "Battle Points Unlimited" from episode 120, "Mind Power...Ki" from episode 139, and finally, "Spirit vs. Spirit" from episode 183. After Season 6's release, there should be absolutley no more issues with Japanese music in the English dub(Aside from the intro theme, and I doubt we're getting "We Gotta Power" on the dub track in Season 7, since the song they're using in the first intro was MADE for the second intro).

shotkeeper
Regular

Post by shotkeeper » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:30 pm

The Time Traveller wrote:rofl, some other video posted has the most retarded description...

"The offical Dragonball z season seven trailer...posted on dbz.com by Akira himself "
Haha yeah and it's the trailer of season six and it's camed hahaha.

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:35 pm

MagicBox wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:
Aw fuck :(

I wanted to hear the song with the English voices just for fun, but it looks like I won't be hitting that audio button at all now. Is there at least the instrumentals? Like how they took the heavenly choir out of that song earlier in the series?

Edit: Read the link. There isn't :(

Seriously, this song is too good. One of my favorites for sure. It's a shame that it won't be played.

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:51 pm

b
Last edited by Kunzait_83 on Mon May 02, 2011 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:17 am

Kunzait_83 wrote:Seems like orange brick sets 6, 7, and 8 will contain the vast majority of my hardcore childhood nostalgia eps. I can't wait to FINALLY have these on DVD. 8)
I thought you of all people (a hardcore purist) would outright refuse to purchase the orange bricks.

Oh well, I guess they are cheap.

Snail

Post by Snail » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:33 am

Who's to say purists can't purchase what they want? By the way, not trying to argue. Just an honest question.

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:35 am

Snail wrote:Who's to say purists can't purchase what they want? By the way, not trying to argue. Just an honest question.
When was I saying he couldn't purchase it?

Snail

Post by Snail » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:39 am

lol.

Nevermind. Carry on.

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:43 am

Everyone at the end of the day is going to purchase what they want, I was just expressing my surprise as to how Kunzait, someone who hates any alteration to the original material (as far as the dub goes anyway) was intending to snap them up.