DBZ Season 7 faux remastered cover?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:08 am

ssgOverlord wrote:Aww...and here I thought Bubbles was going to be on the cover of Season 7.

Seriously though, I'm glad it's at least a relevant character, although I suphttp://db.schuby.org/daizex/posting.php?mode=editpost&p=187405pose I would have like Great Saiyaman on the cover instead.
Dude totally! But actually I wanted Mr.Satan...Jk :lol:

RAWR!!! God this is awful...
Gohan: "You're a Buddhist." Kuririn: "A hungry Buddhist!"

Vegeta1984
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegeta1984 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:34 am

LOL oh my gawd.... lol thats funny stuff

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:33 am

ect5150 wrote:
Kendamu wrote:
ect5150 wrote: But you probably shouldn't judge a new format based on special effects technology from 25 years ago...
Are you from the future or something? He said "Spider-Man 3."
For some reason, I read it as SUPERMAN 3... sorry about that. I was thinking "the special effects of the time were crappy, and this guy is comparing them to today's?"...

hehehe... I can't read sometimes...
Dude, when I read my post in your quote for a minute I also thought I typed Superman.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:26 pm

She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:34 pm

There's always Season Eight...

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:36 pm

Why Piccolo....doing a Special Beam Cannon? It looks cool I'm just not sure of the relevance.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:39 pm

FUNimation may not have a huge art selection. If the Babiddi arc is going to be in Season Eight it makes more sense for Majin Vegeta to be on that cover.
She/Her
bisexual milf

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:42 pm

Well, this Piccolo looks cool at least... but why now? He has nothing to do with what's to come, does he?
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:46 pm

NeptuneKai wrote:
Why Piccolo....doing a Special Beam Cannon? It looks cool I'm just not sure of the relevance.
They're fucking up waaaay too much now, Season 6 had Freeza Saga Goku, now this has Vegeta Saga Piccolo? They're having completely unrelated characters to Saga's they're barely main characters in in, What's the last one gonna be? Tenshinhan from Piccolo Jr. Saga of Dragon Ball?

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:49 pm

b
Last edited by Kunzait_83 on Mon May 02, 2011 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

shotkeeper
Regular

Post by shotkeeper » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:00 pm

OMG the new cover is awesome. I couldn't care less if it's irrelevant. It looks freaking awesome. It's not like Dragonball goes about the covers...

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:04 pm

Personally? I think a group shot of some sort would rule for the final volume, if they could/would pull it off.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:23 pm

The Time Traveller wrote:
NeptuneKai wrote:
They're fucking up waaaay too much now, Season 6 had Freeza Saga Goku, now this has Vegeta Saga Piccolo? They're having completely unrelated characters to Saga's they're barely main characters in in, What's the last one gonna be? Tenshinhan from Piccolo Jr. Saga of Dragon Ball?
It's debatable, really. People know Piccolo's attack stance and it doesn't exactly mean it's Saiyan arc Piccolo.
She/Her
bisexual milf

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:34 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
The Time Traveller wrote:
NeptuneKai wrote: Why Piccolo....doing a Special Beam Cannon? It looks cool I'm just not sure of the relevance.
It's debatable, really. People know Piccolo's attack stance and it doesn't exactly mean it's Saiyan arc Piccolo.
We can't tell if his arm has been taken off, plus he only uses the Makankosappo 3 times in the series doesn't he? Twice against Raditz, once against Imperfect Cell. Or should I say once against a Mountain, once against Raditz/Goku, and lastly against Cell?

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:45 pm

Funi is being totally ridiculous with their season sets now. The covers for seasons 6 and 7 (despite being pretty good pictures) are retarded, anybody who has even browsed through the episodes in either of those sets would be capable of seeing that neither Goku or Piccolo are the main focusses in either season. Plus I always had hopes that Funi would give each cover to a different person, therefore not using Vegeta twice...but I guess having hopes is the same as having too high of hopes.

I personally would have split the episodes up like this...

Season 7: Great Saiyaman Saga (15 episodes)
World Tournament Saga (10 episodes)
[Total: 25 episodes.] Cover: Great Saiyaman

Season 8: Babidi Saga (11 episodes)
Majin Buu Saga (22 episodes)
[Total: 33 episodes.] Cover: Babidi

Season 9: Fusion Saga (22 episodes)
Kid Buu Saga (16 episodes)
[Total: 38 episodes.] Cover: Kid Buu (or maybe a group shot)

...and not however they're doing it.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:06 pm

I agree on Saiyaman being on the Saiyaman saga set, but:

[Total: 33 episodes.] Cover: Fat Buu

Season 9: Fusion Saga (22 episodes)
Kid Buu Saga (16 episodes)
[Total: 38 episodes.] Cover: Super Vegetto

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:12 pm

Rocketman wrote:I agree on Saiyaman being on the Saiyaman saga set, but:

[Total: 33 episodes.] Cover: Fat Buu
Ya, now that I think about it you're right, Majin (fat) Buu would be better on that cover; but I still feel that Kid Buu would be better for season 9.

I was thinking, we need an "Official FUNi Rep" for this forum, so that we can get the latest news on what material Funi is messing up.

*Edit: Actually, since that would give Buu both covers I would either go [8: Badidi 9: Kid Buu] or [8: Majin Buu 9: Group shot (preferably the one from the final page of the manga)].

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:38 pm

The Time Traveller wrote:There's always Season Eight...

lol!!! I started something!

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:41 pm

Funking Funimation!!!
The Majin Vegeta box was ok! Now they take that Piccolo picture from the second Ultimate uncut DVD!?!!?

Wow, that really is insulting to me! One thing is to cancel an DVD series/release, then throw these crap box sets out, and now they are just insulting...Fuck'em...

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:45 pm

Forgotten Hero wrote:Funking Funimation!!!
The Majin Vegeta box was ok! Now they take that Piccolo picture from the second Ultimate uncut DVD!?!!?

Wow, that really is insulting to me! One thing is to cancel an DVD series/release, then throw these crap box sets out, and now they are just insulting...Fuck'em...
Wow, this kind of heated response over cover art? :?

Is there some sort of set rule that the cover art has to feature a character relevant to that part of the story?
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!