DBZ Televikko: Come join us! The World of Goku (english)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJ Helldog
Regular

DBZ Televikko: Come join us! The World of Goku (english)

Post by SSJ Helldog » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:56 pm

So I was checking out the Televikko video someone posted. I found Spanish and French subs, but no English. Then I said, "hold on a tick, those are Romance languages!" So I transcribed the French subs (that took a while), popped them into Babel Fish, and tried to make sense of the results. So here it is, English subtitled DBZ Televikko:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8O25BQAG

For those who missed it, it's a 26 minute interactive quiz game with original animation. A toy telephone plugged into a TV, and the DBZ characters periodically ask easy questions about the series.

I plan on fixing up the subs and maybe trying to filter the video better after I get a little feedback. Some of the subs seem off. The French translation came back as garbage in some cases, so let me know if you see any glaring mistakes.

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:30 pm

Awesome, I need to download this when I get home. Thanks for taking the time to do this.
Trans rights, now!

shotkeeper
Regular

Post by shotkeeper » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:36 pm

I love you and thanks for this. I just found this and downloaded it in English and Spanish :P. I wish I had the original for this.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Re: DBZ Televikko: Come join us! The World of Goku (english

Post by sangofe » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:18 pm

SSJ Helldog wrote:So I was checking out the Televikko video someone posted. I found Spanish and French subs, but no English. Then I said, "hold on a tick, those are Romance languages!" So I transcribed the French subs (that took a while), popped them into Babel Fish, and tried to make sense of the results. So here it is, English subtitled DBZ Televikko:

For those who missed it, it's a 26 minute interactive quiz game with original animation. A toy telephone plugged into a TV, and the DBZ characters periodically ask easy questions about the series.

I plan on fixing up the subs and maybe trying to filter the video better after I get a little feedback. Some of the subs seem off. The French translation came back as garbage in some cases, so let me know if you see any glaring mistakes.
You know...
Get me a raw, and I'll see about subbing that.
I'm half french, and herms could probably tl check...

shotkeeper
Regular

Re: DBZ Televikko: Come join us! The World of Goku (english

Post by shotkeeper » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:21 pm

sangofe wrote:
SSJ Helldog wrote:So I was checking out the Televikko video someone posted. I found Spanish and French subs, but no English. Then I said, "hold on a tick, those are Romance languages!" So I transcribed the French subs (that took a while), popped them into Babel Fish, and tried to make sense of the results. So here it is, English subtitled DBZ Televikko:

You know...
Get me a raw, and I'll see about subbing that.
I'm half french, and herms could probably tl check...
Hey, is your other project finished? Or is it still busy getting done.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:49 pm

It's on Desirecampbell. (Sorry Desire :P)

SSJ Helldog
Regular

Post by SSJ Helldog » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:43 pm

The --edit-- RAW --/edit-- is included in that RAR.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:09 pm

Thank you very much SSJ Helldog for doing this, it's been much needed for a while now!

Here's a thread on this video (the French version) that was started a while ago. I guess Toranks helped make the French subbed one so you could probably contact him for any other information that you need. I know that there is also a Spanish subbed version but he didn't mention a subless version.

Here is a link to the French subbed version. It is a little higher quality and has an extra three and a half minutes of intro footage, but that doesn't have any Dragonball animation, just a Saiyajin Corperation logo and a few live action shots of the actuall phone.

SSJ Helldog
Regular

Post by SSJ Helldog » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:23 pm

Yeah, I've got the French copy. I tried finding info on Saiyan Corperation as well as e-mailed the people who had posted copies on Youtube, but (naturally) got no replies. I ripped the sub-less mp4's from Youtube and combined them for this version.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:58 pm

I downloaded it but it won't play the video portion. TT_TT
Only the audio.

I'm missing some kind of codec (according to Windows Media Player/RealPlayer/Quicktime ) and I don't know what it is or where to find it.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:05 pm

Chuquita wrote:I downloaded it but it won't play the video portion. TT_TT
Only the audio.

I'm missing some kind of codec (according to Windows Media Player/RealPlayer/Quicktime ) and I don't know what it is or where to find it.
I have Windows Media Player 11 and it plays the video and audio fine, but I can't get the subtitles to work.

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:08 pm

Chuquita wrote:I downloaded it but it won't play the video portion. TT_TT
Only the audio.

That codec business is a bitch, I recently got a new "media/gaming" computer and I'm still missing codecs for things, and of course, you have to pay to get them. I just started to use VLC media player for videos that wouldn't work.
Trans rights, now!

SSJ Helldog
Regular

Post by SSJ Helldog » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:11 pm

It should run on the latest Xvid codec. If all else fails, use VLC. Hell, use VLC for everything, always.

I'll probably make a hard-coded subtitles version (avi) and an mkv with selectable subs after I clean it up a bit.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:22 pm

SSJ Helldog wrote:I'll probably make a hard-coded subtitles version (avi) and an mkv with selectable subs after I clean it up a bit.
Did you try PM-ing Toranks? He should respond even though he hasn't been on the forums in a while.

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:15 am

I just got it! Awesome! Thanks!
Last edited by Forgotten Hero on Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gohan: "You're a Buddhist." Kuririn: "A hungry Buddhist!"

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:51 am

Just for giggles! Totally not need, but I had fun with it! :P
The Q and A:
1.)What vehicle did Trunks arrive to present in? Answer 3, Time Machine.
2.)How did Master Roshi train Goku and Kuririn up for the Tenkaichi Budokai?
Answer 4, using turtle shells and delivering milk.
3.)What is the true identity of Jackie Chun? Answer 2, Master Roshi.
4.)What do Saiyajin/Goku turn into when they see the full moon? Answer 1, Oozuru.
5.)What special technique did Master Roshi use to destroy the moon?Answer 3, the Kame-Hame-Ha.
6.)What new special technique did Goku learn from Kaio-Sama?Answer 3, the Genki-Dama.
7.)Which character can use the Makankosappo?Answer 3, Piccolo.
8.)What item was used to imprison Piccolo-Daimo? Answer 4, the pressure/rice cooker.
9.)Which character really resembles Kami-Sama? Answer 1, Piccolo-Daimo.
10.)Which similar ki base move does Vegeta use on Goku in there first battle on Earth? Answer 4, Gyarikku Ho.
11.)What is different about Porunga, compared to Shenlong? Answer 2, Porunga grants three wishes.
12.)What does Freeza's final form look like? Answer 4
13.)What does Cell's Perfect Form look like? Answer 1
14.)Which is the real Cell? Any one of them

Shin Moonwalker
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Shin Moonwalker » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:04 am

SSj_Rambo wrote:
SSJ Helldog wrote:I'll probably make a hard-coded subtitles version (avi) and an mkv with selectable subs after I clean it up a bit.
Did you try PM-ing Toranks? He should respond even though he hasn't been on the forums in a while.
Toranks only uploaded it. He had nothing to do with the french subbing, since he's spanish himself.
And about the spanish subbed version, it's just people that came across the french one, and asked Genki (the one that released the french subbed version) for a raw so they could make their own version out of the french script.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:30 pm

I know the leader of the French fansubbing group that subtitled this... I talk to him occasionally on MSN.

SSJ Helldog
Regular

Post by SSJ Helldog » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:37 pm

sangofe wrote:I know the leader of the French fansubbing group that subtitled this... I talk to him occasionally on MSN.
For reals?! Can you get us a higher quality raw?

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:14 am

Ohhh!