What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RocktheDragon
Regular

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by RocktheDragon » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:19 pm

oldboy88 wrote:my first Dragon Ball Cell :)

by no means the most beautiful, but its a piece of dragon ball z history :)

How does one go about buying cel's? Where can they be purchased? How can we authenticate a sell to be sure that a cel is genuine and not a forgery? So many questions perhaps someone could help me out.
Last edited by RocktheDragon on Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kyle Broflovski wrote:It's all real. Think about it. Haven't Luke Skywalker and Santa Claus affected your lives more than most real people in this room? I mean, whether Jesus is real or not, he - he's had a bigger impact on the world than any of us have. And the same can be said for Bugs Bunny and - and Superman and Harry Potter. They've changed my life - changed the way I act on the earth. Doesn't that make them kind of real? They might be imaginary but, but they're more important than most of us here. And they're all gonna be around here long after we're dead. So, in a way, those things are more realer than any of us.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:38 pm

RocktheDragon wrote:

How does one go about buying cell's? Where can they be purchased? How can we authenticate a sell to be sure that a cell is genuine and not a forgery? So many questions perhaps someone could help me out.
Well, Cell's ego is so big that he will likely boast about his one-of-a-kind perfection. I don't really think you can escape that aspect of him and it's likely any "forgeries" you come across are his own Junior creations.

If you are looking into animation cels though, I'm sure there are others more qualified than myself to answer the question...
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

RocktheDragon
Regular

Post by RocktheDragon » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:00 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
RocktheDragon wrote:

How does one go about buying cell's? Where can they be purchased? How can we authenticate a sell to be sure that a cell is genuine and not a forgery? So many questions perhaps someone could help me out.
Well, Cell's ego is so big that he will likely boast about his one-of-a-kind perfection. I don't really think you can escape that aspect of him and it's likely any "forgeries" you come across are his own Junior creations.

If you are looking into animation cels though, I'm sure there are others more qualified than myself to answer the question...
Thank you for pointing out that correction to me. I was just focusing on how oldboy88 spelled it and didn't think twice about it. :)
Kyle Broflovski wrote:It's all real. Think about it. Haven't Luke Skywalker and Santa Claus affected your lives more than most real people in this room? I mean, whether Jesus is real or not, he - he's had a bigger impact on the world than any of us have. And the same can be said for Bugs Bunny and - and Superman and Harry Potter. They've changed my life - changed the way I act on the earth. Doesn't that make them kind of real? They might be imaginary but, but they're more important than most of us here. And they're all gonna be around here long after we're dead. So, in a way, those things are more realer than any of us.

dodge2461
Not-So-Newbie

Post by dodge2461 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:59 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
dbboxkaifan wrote:
dodge2461 wrote:My first Dragon Ball purchase of 2014 is Dragon Ball GT: Volume 1(should really be volume 6, but oh well).
DBGT Vol 1? What is that exactly?
I'm guessing it's Funimation's first GT single, or some other company's distribution of said DVD. Since there were 5 "Lost Episodes" volumes that should come before it, that would technically make it number six, like he mentions.
Exactly. Kind of disappointed, because I've never seen GT and wanted to jump right in, but I purchased the GT Lost Episodes Box Set off of Amazon so I'll be caught up soon.

Daimo-Rukiri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:14 am

Was just charged for season 2 on amazon, apparently the release is still Feb 18th :lol: It'll arrive in a few days.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:55 pm

Dragon Ball: Full Colour - Vol. 03/20:

I'm loving these coloured mangas of Dragon Ball (Z) so I'll definitely get 'em all, but I have to make space somehow...
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

yamiace

Post by yamiace » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:41 pm

Finally picked up the last two Dragon Boxes and now have the complete set :D.
For everyone asking where i picked up Vol 2 i got it on Ebay UK
Sorry for any grammar and punctuation errors i'm badly dyslexic

RocktheDragon
Regular

Post by RocktheDragon » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:57 pm

yamiace wrote:Finally picked up the last two Dragon Boxes and now have the complete set :D.
Congratulations on completing your Dragon Box set! A very special moment in your DBZ collection history, as it should be. :P

yamiace

Post by yamiace » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:15 pm

RocktheDragon wrote:
yamiace wrote:Finally picked up the last two Dragon Boxes and now have the complete set :D.
Congratulations on completing your Dragon Box set! A very special moment in your DBZ collection history, as it should be. :P

Cheers man!, it's great to have the whole set at last :D
Sorry for any grammar and punctuation errors i'm badly dyslexic

rs_chaosmaster
Regular

Post by rs_chaosmaster » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:12 pm

It Is amazing can't wait for my other Four to get here :D

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:33 pm

Daimo-Rukiri wrote:Was just charged for season 2 on amazon, apparently the release is still Feb 18th :lol: It'll arrive in a few days.
This is the old dub right? With Faulconer music?

ErikB
Beyond Newbie

Post by ErikB » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:45 pm

Zombie wrote:
Daimo-Rukiri wrote:Was just charged for season 2 on amazon, apparently the release is still Feb 18th :lol: It'll arrive in a few days.
This is the old dub right? With Faulconer music?
It has the same audio tracks as the Orange Bricks:
-Japanese
-English dub with Japanese music
-English dub with Faulconer music

Though worth noting is that some clean-up has been done to the Japanese audio.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:52 pm

Of course, it's worth noting that the music from Faulconer Productions doesn't even show up until... what, episode 68?... because they were dropped once FUNimation went back to do the "Ultimate Uncut Edition" of the first two "seasons".

Theoretically my most recent purchase is the Saikyo Jump issue with the "Episode of Bardock Super Kanzenban"... but... uhh... it still hasn't come in yet...

So I guess my most recent purchase is Battle of Z on both PS3 and Vita :problem: .
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Kakarot88
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kakarot88 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:42 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Of course, it's worth noting that the music from Faulconer Productions doesn't even show up until... what, episode 68?... because they were dropped once FUNimation went back to do the "Ultimate Uncut Edition" of the first two "seasons".

Theoretically my most recent purchase is the Saikyo Jump issue with the "Episode of Bardock Super Kanzenban"... but... uhh... it still hasn't come in yet...

So I guess my most recent purchase is Battle of Z on both PS3 and Vita :problem: .
I thought Faulconer and his crew were not hired until episode 68 and then fired before the redub. Therefore, Faulconer never did episodes 1-67, not that the Faulconer group did 1-67 and then Funimation somehow systematically removed Faulconer from episodes 1-67.
"You might think you know everything there is to know about me, but really, you're not even CLOSE."

"Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." ~ Sir Winston Chruchill / Dragon Ball Z in a nutshell

How I enjoy the anime:

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:44 pm

Kakarot88 wrote:I thought Faulconer and his crew were not hired until episode 68 and then fired before the redub. Therefore, Faulconer never did episodes 1-67, not that the Faulconer group did 1-67 and then Funimation somehow systematically removed Faulconer from episodes 1-67.
That's true and that is what I said. Faulconer Productions stuff is 68 onwards, but on these sets which start at the beginning of the series, that group's stuff won't show up until 68 since they used someone else for the "Ultimate Uncut Edition".
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Kakarot88
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kakarot88 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:47 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
Kakarot88 wrote:I thought Faulconer and his crew were not hired until episode 68 and then fired before the redub. Therefore, Faulconer never did episodes 1-67, not that the Faulconer group did 1-67 and then Funimation somehow systematically removed Faulconer from episodes 1-67.
That's true and that is what I said. Faulconer Productions stuff is 68 onwards, but on these sets which start at the beginning of the series, that group's stuff won't show up until 68 since they used someone else for the "Ultimate Uncut Edition".
My b I thought when you said
VegettoEX wrote:... because they were dropped once FUNimation went back to do the "Ultimate Uncut Edition" of the first two "seasons".
You were saying the music was literally already put or "dropped" in and then was taken or "dropped" out
"You might think you know everything there is to know about me, but really, you're not even CLOSE."

"Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." ~ Sir Winston Chruchill / Dragon Ball Z in a nutshell

How I enjoy the anime:

ErikB
Beyond Newbie

Post by ErikB » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:51 pm

Ah yes, that's right. It had slipped my mind that the uncut redub had a different composer.
Nathan Johnson produced the US soundtrack for the uncut season 1 and 2, correct?

DBZfan5

Post by DBZfan5 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:14 pm

Yes, Nathan Johnson was the composer for "DBZ Ultimate Uncut"

Got this in the mail today, brand new!

Last edited by DBZfan5 on Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.

RocktheDragon
Regular

Post by RocktheDragon » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:16 pm

rs_chaosmaster wrote:Image

It Is amazing can't wait for my other Four to get here :D
You should totally put up an unboxing video of all the Dragon Boxes on Youtube...unless someone has already done that before. :?:

MissVegeta
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MissVegeta » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:23 pm

Saw these on ebay and couldn't resist buying them! :D