The Dragon Ball Remastered set's Faulconer music setting...

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Captain-Sora
Regular

The Dragon Ball Remastered set's Faulconer music setting...

Post by Captain-Sora » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:49 am

Does anyone notice when it reaches the Namek and Frieza sagas in the remastered sets where FUNI's dub group picked it up originally that they switched some of Bruce's BGMs around? One example is when Guru's is speaking to Frieza and saying Nail is the rightous person who does away people like him and such. During that scene, this awesome but underrated track plays (Guru's theme).

Guru's theme:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpTCDiGN70o

But in the newer remastered sets, that part switched with another BGM when you put it on the "TV airing" version of the English dub. Instead of Guru's theme, it's Frieza's power up music that originally played when he was, well, powering up infront of Vegeta and such before their fight began.

Does anyone notice any other BGM switches in the English dub's normal settings where it uses Faulconer music?

kei17
I Live Here

Re: The Dragon Ball Remastered set's Faulconer music setting

Post by kei17 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:29 am

Captain-Sora wrote:Does anyone notice any other BGM switches in the English dub's normal settings where it uses Faulconer music?
Check the episode 139. The music played in the end of Goku's nightmare is changed.

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:23 am

Aww, that sucks. Always liked this track.
Can anyone post a clip?
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

Zuhalter2000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zuhalter2000 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:29 pm

I'm going to have a temper tantrum if they take out the SSJ 3 Powerup theme when Goku is going SSJ3. I will flip a shit.
[b]*Supporter of the Remastered Season Sets*[/b]
[quote="Tenshinhan (Ocean Dub)"]This three-eyed cowboy is going for one last ride![/quote]
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Zuhalter2000[/url]

XxArmageddonX7

Post by XxArmageddonX7 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:56 pm

Zuhalter2000 wrote:I'm going to have a temper tantrum if they take out the SSJ 3 Powerup theme when Goku is going SSJ3. I will flip a shit.
They won't do that. If they actually did take out the SSJ3 theme song FUNimation will risk the lives of their employees.

Zuhalter2000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zuhalter2000 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:54 pm

XxArmageddonX7 wrote:
Zuhalter2000 wrote:I'm going to have a temper tantrum if they take out the SSJ 3 Powerup theme when Goku is going SSJ3. I will flip a shit.
They won't do that. If they actually did take out the SSJ3 theme song FUNimation will risk the lives of their employees.
Shit would hit the fan.
[b]*Supporter of the Remastered Season Sets*[/b]
[quote="Tenshinhan (Ocean Dub)"]This three-eyed cowboy is going for one last ride![/quote]
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Zuhalter2000[/url]

cRookie_Monster
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by cRookie_Monster » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:06 pm

There were some special circumstances around that Goku Nightmare scene and I'm not really suprised the music changed there, though I can't reveal details.

I seriously doubt they would change something like the SSJ3 music.
- Scott
http://morganstudios.com

Levlik
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Levlik » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:16 pm

I know they changed some music around for Ginyu Assault because the original 1999 episode started around the middle of episode 67 as opposed to just being 68 when uncut and I guess there would have been timing problems (I really can't remember), but I wasn't aware anything after that was altered. That's strange.