What would your "Legendary SSJ" look like?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

What would your "Legendary SSJ" look like?

Post by Dayspring » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:34 am

A lot of people say they wish the series ended with Goku defeating Boo by becoming/being the Legendary SSJ. If this were the case, what would he look like? Would that be SSJ4 for you? Or would you remove SSJ3 from the equation and use that?

Personally, I'd want something altogether new, but I don't know what. Something with a monkey tail, but I'm really not a fan of SSJ4. Maybe a cross between SSJ and SSJ4.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:47 am

I was happy with the way the series ended. Genki Dama baby!
I would hate to see Goku or anyone else go LSSJ. It's just cheap, boring, and just chunky looking, yuck!
Gohan: "You're a Buddhist." Kuririn: "A hungry Buddhist!"

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:48 am

Personally I like the ending how it was. Another hax power up out of nowhere would have felt cheaper to me. But I do like the idea of mixing Oozaru and SSJ together, which is what SSJ4 kinda tried to do.

I don't know what I'd want to make it look like if I designed it though. Maybe something smaller and subtler than Broly and SSJ4, more like SSJ2. No huge muscles, something more elegant. But damn, I can't really think of anything right now.

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:49 am

I second that!

Saiyan-Professor
I Live Here

Re: What would your "Legendary SSJ" look like?

Post by Saiyan-Professor » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:03 am

Dayspring wrote:A lot of people say they wish the series ended with Goku defeating Boo by becoming/being the Legendary SSJ. If this were the case, what would he look like? Would that be SSJ4 for you? Or would you remove SSJ3 from the equation and use that?

Personally, I'd want something altogether new, but I don't know what. Something with a monkey tail, but I'm really not a fan of SSJ4. Maybe a cross between SSJ and SSJ4.
He would look like this. Image
The Saiyans are very much like the Klingons and Jem'Hadar.

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:06 am

There are people that actually wanted Z to end with another Super Saiya-jin transformation?..

I think the Genki Dama sequence where we see all of Goku's friends contributing their ki to be much more powerful than another boring transformation sequence.

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:08 am

There would have been toooo many transformations...I hate GT.

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:22 am

Forgotten Hero wrote:There would have been toooo many transformations...I hate GT.
I actually really like the Super Saiya-jin 4 design, mostly because I was so sick of progressively spikier and longer golden hair.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:26 am

Captain Awesome wrote:I actually really like the Super Saiya-jin 4 design, mostly because I was so sick of progressively spikier and longer golden hair.
Agreed. The design is interesting. It's just the idea of the endless transformations that gets dull. I think that's why Mr Toriyama added fusions, it was an interesting new direction to deal with the need for stronger characters.

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:28 am

And thats why I actually enjoy the Boo arc, Gotenks and Vegetto :)

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:45 am

"Legendary Super Saiyan" is a bullshit transformation to begin with honestly. Between that and the "MAX Power Level" thing I think they were just trying to make something partway interesting about Broly. The title itself seems to be just that, a title. If anything, Goku already WAS the "legendary" super saiyan...in fact, he goes back to the classic 1st form when he beats Buu, right? Makes sense.

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:57 am

Captain Awesome wrote:
Forgotten Hero wrote:There would have been toooo many transformations...I hate GT.
I actually really like the Super Saiya-jin 4 design, mostly because I was so sick of progressively spikier and longer golden hair.
They look ok. I just got sick of all the transformations, fusion, and whatever else (Vegeta walking through a power portal thing).
I was never a fan of the fusion stuff. I don't hate it, but I just don't love it.

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Re: What would your "Legendary SSJ" look like?

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:01 am

Dayspring wrote:Something with a monkey tail, but I'm really not a fan of SSJ4. Maybe a cross between SSJ and SSJ4.

Like that? :D

Super Ghost Kamikaze
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Ghost Kamikaze » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:26 am

Honestly, I'd not want another transformation.

Now, I can give Goku's SSJ transformation a pass because it was frankly pretty shocking and powerful.

Same with SSJ2 Gohan.

And SSJ 3 looked JUST neat enough, and involved Gotenks JUST enough, for me to not mind the form.

But by SSJ 4, I mean, I suppose it looks kinda neat, but...

I just wanted somebody to kick somebody's ass without some transformation. Hell, somebody who wasn't born with a tail, or the son of somebody born with a tail. I'd go for the DAUGHTER of somebody born with a tail kicking butt, even.

At some point, a person just sits back and thinks, "Y'know, I want something different".

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:51 am

Kirbopher wrote:"Legendary Super Saiyan" is a bullshit transformation to begin with honestly. Between that and the "MAX Power Level" thing I think they were just trying to make something partway interesting about Broly. The title itself seems to be just that, a title. If anything, Goku already WAS the "legendary" super saiyan...in fact, he goes back to the classic 1st form when he beats Buu, right? Makes sense.
I think you're right, 'legendary Super Saiyan' always felt like a title and nothing more to me. Broly was just an anomaly. There's no cosmic force that says he's this legendary thing and no one else is. Hell, they've beaten him 3 times, he can't be THAT legendary.

Jackal puFF

Post by Jackal puFF » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:09 am

Dragonball Z turned into a big joke when Gotenks happened and It really turned when he turned super saiyan 3. I just hate when the Z fighters mess around.

Super Ghost Kamikaze

Post by Super Ghost Kamikaze » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:12 am

Jackal puFF wrote:Dragonball Z turned into a big joke when Gotenks happened and It really turned when he turned super saiyan 3. I just hate when the Z fighters mess around.
Dragonball STARTED as a huge joke. Everything from Pilaf through Red Ribbon Army is gag manga, with some action.

Gotenks is great because he actually makes a fight FUN to read from panel to panel or episode to episode, because he's amusing. There's only so many times I can watch speed lines dash about and hear the humans coment about the action that I cannot see because it's so insanely fast wow.

SSJToreto
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJToreto » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:21 am

Super Ghost Kamikaze wrote:
Jackal puFF wrote:Dragonball Z turned into a big joke when Gotenks happened and It really turned when he turned super saiyan 3. I just hate when the Z fighters mess around.
Dragonball STARTED as a huge joke. Everything from Pilaf through Red Ribbon Army is gag manga, with some action.

Gotenks is great because he actually makes a fight FUN to read from panel to panel or episode to episode, because he's amusing.
I have to agree with that one. Gotenks=awesome! No doubt. :wink:

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:23 am

Super Ghost Kamikaze wrote:Gotenks is great because he actually makes a fight FUN to read from panel to panel or episode to episode, because he's amusing. There's only so many times I can watch speed lines dash about and hear the humans coment about the action that I cannot see because it's so insanely fast wow.
I think you're mixing the manga and the anime there. All the fights are good stuff in the manga.

On topic: Legendary Super Saiyan would be what we call Super Saiyan 1. And there would be no other levels. And only Goku (maaaayyybe Vegeta, if the series continued after Freeza, Goku'd need a rival) could get to it.

Captain-Sora
Regular

Post by Captain-Sora » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:54 am

Rocketman wrote:
Super Ghost Kamikaze wrote:Gotenks is great because he actually makes a fight FUN to read from panel to panel or episode to episode, because he's amusing. There's only so many times I can watch speed lines dash about and hear the humans coment about the action that I cannot see because it's so insanely fast wow.
I think you're mixing the manga and the anime there. All the fights are good stuff in the manga.

On topic: Legendary Super Saiyan would be what we call Super Saiyan 1. And there would be no other levels. And only Goku (maaaayyybe Vegeta, if the series continued after Freeza, Goku'd need a rival) could get to it.
What he said.