Trunks Another Story?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Trunks Another Story?

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:41 am

I just bought Shin Budokai Another Road the other day, and I noticed that the menu claims that Trunks Another Road (the main story mode, starring Trunks) is a sequel to "Trunks Another Story." Does anyone have any idea what that is? I thought they were perhaps referring to Trunks the Story" (the manga equivalent of the "Trunks TV special)...

dragondyle
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Trunks Another Story?

Post by dragondyle » Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:45 pm

Chibi Mystic Gohan wrote:I just bought Shin Budokai Another Road the other day, and I noticed that the menu claims that Trunks Another Road (the main story mode, starring Trunks) is a sequel to "Trunks Another Story." Does anyone have any idea what that is? I thought they were perhaps referring to Trunks the Story" (the manga equivalent of the "Trunks TV special)...
Yes, that's exactly what it's referring to.

EDIT: Sorry. Forgot the apostrophes.
You must have faith in who you are.

Victator Supreme
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Victator Supreme » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:28 pm

I just got that game too. It plays a little weird. How do you turn Super Saiyan?

LSSJ4
Beyond Newbie

Post by LSSJ4 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:54 pm

Victator Supreme wrote:I just got that game too. It plays a little weird. How do you turn Super Saiyan?
When you obtain it through story mode, press down+circle.

dragondyle
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by dragondyle » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:36 pm

Well now you guys are getting off subject here. The question is already answered. I think this should just be locked now, or unless anybody else has anything to add?

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:04 pm

dragondyle wrote:Well now you guys are getting off subject here. The question is already answered. I think this should just be locked now, or unless anybody else has anything to add?
Yeah. I do.
The Rules wrote:RULE # 10: REMEMBER THE MODERATORS
Keep in mind that you are not a moderator. While a helpful and friendly reminders to some of our new members about certain posting habits is appreciated and welcomed, please do not go around continuously "enforcing" the rules on your own. Leave the moderation to the moderators, and the moderators alone.
And, now that I feel like a hypocrite, I'd like to add that (what I know of) the story in Shin Budokai 2 is absolute crap.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Victator Supreme
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Victator Supreme » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:38 am

Eh its better than playing thru the exact same storymode again. I mean if you can't afford to put in quality cutscenes, then make up something new then. Also I'm liking having to chase villians across the world map. Even if the graphics on it are early PS1 quality.

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:16 am

The story was indeed completely horrible. At least the story in the first SB game was free-wheeling and fun; this was just terrible.
Trunks & Goten forever

Super Ghost Kamikaze
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Ghost Kamikaze » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:21 am

Thanos6 wrote:The story was indeed completely horrible. At least the story in the first SB game was free-wheeling and fun; this was just terrible.
Which is too bad. Because an "alternate storyline story mode" had me wanting to BUY A PSP.

..well, that and Death Jr.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:45 pm

Well, from what I understand, one of the major reasons why it turned out horrible was that they tried cramming every playable character into the story. So, in Trunks' future, you have Bardock and Krillin running around and stuff.

Of course, with all the time travel going on, you couldn't chalk it up to messing with timelines (ala DC* Comics and their Crisis storylines) or Trunks visiting other times for completely random reasons that don't mess up the main alternate story. Instead, it was saying something about Babidi making evil magic clones of them and stupid stuff like that.

I swear, they purposefully made it horrible just so they could say, "Oh! I guess they don't like alternate storylines! I guess we should just repeat the same crap over and over again."

*Edit!
Last edited by Kendamu on Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

dragondyle
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by dragondyle » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:58 pm

Kendamu wrote:
dragondyle wrote:Well now you guys are getting off subject here. The question is already answered. I think this should just be locked now, or unless anybody else has anything to add?
Yeah. I do.
The Rules wrote:RULE # 10: REMEMBER THE MODERATORS
Keep in mind that you are not a moderator. While a helpful and friendly reminders to some of our new members about certain posting habits is appreciated and welcomed, please do not go around continuously "enforcing" the rules on your own. Leave the moderation to the moderators, and the moderators alone.
And, now that I feel like a hypocrite, I'd like to add that (what I know of) the story in Shin Budokai 2 is absolute crap.
Oops, sorry. Didn't really realize what I said there. :oops: I was just trying to say that I don't think this topic has anymore purpose to it, sorry.

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:33 am

Kendamu wrote:Well, from what I understand, one of the major reasons why it turned out horrible was that they tried cramming every playable character into the story. So, in Trunks' future, you have Bardock and Krillin running around and stuff.

Of course, with all the time travel going on, you couldn't chalk it up to messing with timelines (ala CD Comics and their Crisis storylines) or Trunks visiting other times for completely random reasons that don't mess up the main alternate story. Instead, it was saying something about Babidi making evil magic clones of them and stupid stuff like that.

I swear, they purposefully made it horrible just so they could say, "Oh! I guess they don't like alternate storylines! I guess we should just repeat the same crap over and over again."
You mean DC Comics? ;)

But yeah. Also, some of the decisions they made were really lame, such as Bardock being in heaven. I'm sorry, but no. Bardock didn't die repentant. He died a mass-murdering genocidal bastard who wanted his band of mass-murdering genocidal bastards to triumph over another band of mass-murdering genocidal bastards. Evil to the end. Hell is where he went.

Also, they gave Future Gohan the Mystic power-up. Which is head-smackingly stupid. Gohan is the hero of the main timeline. In the dark timeline, his role is basically Obi-Wan. Mirai Trunks was the hero, but they didn't give him SS2, much less Mystic.
Trunks & Goten forever

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:52 pm

Thanos6 wrote:Also, they gave Future Gohan the Mystic power-up. Which is head-smackingly stupid. Gohan is the hero of the main timeline. In the dark timeline, his role is basically Obi-Wan. Mirai Trunks was the hero, but they didn't give him SS2, much less Mystic.
Yeah, I always thought Trunks should have been the one to receive it. That would've been an amazing "What-If."
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.

Victator Supreme
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Victator Supreme » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:07 pm

I'm eep into the game now and its kicking ass. I'm enjoying the storymode myself. As a story its lacking. But as a video game storymode its pretty fun. I'm enjoying how big the cast is getting.

Goku:Alright we have to stop Crolly (Fused Brolly and Cooler natrually) rom destroying the lookout. For this mission I'm going to need

Pikkon
Future Gohan Bardock
Majin Kuririn
Android Oxteen
and me.

One question though. Does the game have regular vs mode? Because I can't seem to find it.