Chi-chi vs Videl

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Chi-chi vs Videl

Post by Anonymous Friend » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:32 pm

I want to compare the instances of them fighting other people to determine who is the more capable fighter.

I know that they both make it pretty far in the tournaments that we see them compete in. But I don't have the manga to reference and haven't seen the episodes in ages.

Can we get a list fighters that both have fought in their touraments, as well as any other fights both have been in?

Also, I would think we would have any info on Chi-chi's training and whether or not she engaged on any Ki training.

I know that people tend to down play Videl's skill solely based on how strong how father is and try to compare his power to that of the fighters in the 21st - 23rd tourneys. But, (and it could be because I haven't seen those episodes in a very long time) I don't really see how powerful some of the finalists really are. So of them just seem like what they were supposed to be: really, really strong fighters, the best of the best of the best. And Hercule could also be throw into this catagory.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:36 pm

My money would be on Videl, she can fly and has atleast some sort of grasp on Ki; plus she was like the city's defender or something like that.

Usingnero
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Usingnero » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:38 pm

We didnt really get to see either of those two have any real fights. Chi-Chi blasted Yaumcha early on in DB, and when she got to the tourny, we only really saw the knockouts. As for Videl, I really cant remember, its been ages since I've seen both the Cell and Buu saga's, but I dont remember a lot of fighting with her taken place their. I'd place my bet on Chi-Chi though, she was trained by Ox King if memory serves correctly, and could whoop some ass in no time flat. But Videl could still throw up a fight since Gohan taught her some ki moves and being a capable fighter in her own right. But Chi-Chi is more experianced imo, so I give it to her.
I enjoy the Dragon Ball original AND Dub, even the VHS Fan-Sub's.
Supporter of fan made AF material, NOT a fanfiction reader.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Trunks: She's standing right over their...
Goku: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, BULMA'S YOUR MOTHER?!

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:41 pm

Videl beat up criminals and gangs of men with guns and weapons; and she fought spopovich, setting aside she got her behind handed to her, she did QUITE well.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:43 pm

I'd give it to Chi-Chi. She was raised and schooled in martial arts by her father the Ox-King, a man who was a proficient and powerful student of the legendary Muten Roshi. She definitely had a strong grasp of ki and how to use it to grant true, "DragonBall world power." Not knowing how to fly is not a mark against her, since at that point, very few people could. Just because she couldn't stack up against the heavy-hitters of the 23rd Budokai doesn't mean she wasn't still well beyond superhuman levels of strength and ability.

Videl, on the other hand, is just a "normal" girl, who self-trained herself in some martial arts. Taking "Bukujutsu 101" from Gohan doesn't necessarily boost her up to significantly higher levels of strength. Flight would be the only advantage she'd have over Chi-Chi, and it wouldn't really be enough to tip the scales for sure in her favor.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:55 pm

ChiChi was strong and fast enough to keep 23rd Budokai Goku off-balance, and she could jump thirty-forty-fifty feet straight up. She would beat Videl's ass hard.

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:01 pm

Videl was ALSO trained since she was a little kid; and minus the z warriors i woudlnt put it passed her to be the strongest person on the planet.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:07 pm

LeprikanGT wrote:Videl was ALSO trained since she was a little kid
By Hercule. ChiChi was trained by the second-best student of Master Roshi.
and minus the z warriors i woudlnt put it passed her to be the strongest person on the planet.
Nam could totally kick her ass.

Super Ghost Kamikaze
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Ghost Kamikaze » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:18 pm

Mr. Satan won the Tenkaichi Budokai, so I'd assume he's at least as strong as Nam. The fact is, though, that while he's extremely strong for a normal person...our heroes are just so many levels of degrees stronger than that, so there's no contest.

At least, that's the way I've always seen it.

I don't see how Mr. Satan or Videl couldn't at least hold up in a fight against Chichi, unless Chichi had the power of comedy on her side. Then she could beat Vegetto if she so needed. :P

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:27 pm

Super Ghost Kamikaze wrote:Mr. Satan won the Tenkaichi Budokai, so I'd assume he's at least as strong as Nam. The fact is, though, that while he's extremely strong for a normal person...our heroes are just so many levels of degrees stronger than that, so there's no contest.
Nam could jump realllly high and hit post-Roshi-training Goku hard enough to knock him out for a bit. I don't see Hercule matching that.
I don't see how Mr. Satan or Videl couldn't at least hold up in a fight against Chichi, unless Chichi had the power of comedy on her side. Then she could beat Vegetto if she so needed. :P
1. Neither Hercule nor Videl can compete with ChiChi's might. I submit that she is the strongest non-Z Fighter. Image

2. What Vegetto lets ChiChi do in the privacy of their own bedroom is none of your business.

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:44 pm

Chi-Chi all the way. This isn't even a close contest.
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:14 pm

I'm still gonna have to digress bc both the ox king and chichi got owns by movie 1 henchmen.

videl went up against spopovich and was holding her own until she kicked his head around.

Zuhalter2000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zuhalter2000 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:18 pm

Raki wrote:Chi-Chi all the way. This isn't even a close contest.
I'm gonna have to agree. She is still a fighter, she fought with Goten.
[b]*Supporter of the Remastered Season Sets*[/b]
[quote="Tenshinhan (Ocean Dub)"]This three-eyed cowboy is going for one last ride![/quote]
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Zuhalter2000[/url]

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:21 pm

ok... ChiChi fought with goten....

Videl fought with spopovich, the entire citys crime, broly, the villians from hell in movie 12, hildegarn in movie 13, everyone that fought in Mr Satans gym...

Zuhalter2000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zuhalter2000 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:24 pm

LeprikanGT wrote:ok... ChiChi fought with goten....

Videl fought with spopovich, the entire citys crime, broly, the villians from hell in movie 12, hildegarn in movie 13, everyone that fought in Mr Satans gym...
Goten > Spopovich. Crime? ChiChi could handle that. Could Videl even handle Broly? ChiChi could aslo handle the villians from Movie 12. Again, Videl v Hildegarn is like Videl v Broly. And the people at Satans Gym? Average humans. i still think ChiChi has it.
[b]*Supporter of the Remastered Season Sets*[/b]
[quote="Tenshinhan (Ocean Dub)"]This three-eyed cowboy is going for one last ride![/quote]
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Zuhalter2000[/url]

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:33 pm

I think if chichi was stronger, she would help out more. the only fighting she did in Z was run at buu with a broom and got eaten; besides that all she did was b**** and pull out random huge guns and such [like getting ready for namek]

Videl doesnt need any of that stuff. Chi chi cant fly, so videl would win the battle.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:11 pm

LeprikanGT wrote:I think if chichi was stronger, she would help out more. the only fighting she did in Z was run at buu with a broom and got eaten; besides that all she did was b**** and pull out random huge guns and such [like getting ready for namek]
And what did Videl do to help?
Videl doesnt need any of that stuff. Chi chi cant fly, so videl would win the battle.
How so?

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:11 pm

LeprikanGT wrote:I'm still gonna have to digress bc both the ox king and chichi got owns by movie 1 henchmen.
So was Piccolo when they ganged up on him. Those guys were a hell of a lot more powerful than your generic thugs. I'm not sure even Tenshinhan would be able to beat one of them on his own.

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:22 pm

Rocketman wrote:She would beat Videl's ass hard.
Thanks for that mental image. :P
14 years later

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:38 pm

Conan the SSJ wrote:
Rocketman wrote:She would gently caress Videl's ass hard.
Thanks for that mental image. :P
Little Something Awful joke.

Also, what he said. ♥

ChiChi would own Videl, Videl has poor Ki control, is too big headed and hasn't had the experience as ChiChi, even though ChiChi used to fight with a laser/cutter helmet...

I'd also want the fight done as a certain episode of American Dad...

Kuririn: Ladies please, no fighting! *pushes Videl into ChiChi*