Goku's Heroic Dub Lines

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBHighDefinition
Regular

Post by DBHighDefinition » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:19 pm

You should of used my link, bebe:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mesPhBpR2-U
[quote="Roshi in DB Evolution"]Believe it punk, you're getting your clock, cleaned![/quote]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/DBHighDef]My old YouTube is back up and running![/url]

Chrono Trigger
Advanced Regular

Post by Chrono Trigger » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:27 pm

I love that scene. I also like how stunned everyone is when he doesn't wanna go back in the room. Vegeta's "You're not serious!" and Piccolo slowly uncrossing his arms just makes that scene all the better. :)
I completely respect your opinion, and I respect you. I enjoyed discussing this with you, even if I don't completely agree.

If we're all here for a reason then I'm just visiting.

If it's held in your heart then you can't let go.

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:07 pm

b
Last edited by Kunzait_83 on Sun May 01, 2011 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:11 pm

...but....but I LIKE giant walls of text...thought goes into them...
Trunks & Goten forever

Chrono Trigger
Advanced Regular

Post by Chrono Trigger » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:11 pm

This better be some kind of terrible joke. :shock:
I completely respect your opinion, and I respect you. I enjoyed discussing this with you, even if I don't completely agree.

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:28 pm

Smooth Criminal wrote: Your gimmick of writing small essays in each post that ultimately lead nowhere is getting very stale. Everything you say can basically be summed up in two or three sentences. I'd recommend you start toning it down before people begin tuning you out completely. I for one already have.
To you maybe, I tend to enjoy intelligent well expressed opinion.

And Kunzait..if you really are riding off into the sunset.. I'll be here.

Waiting.

Always.

DBHighDefinition
Regular

Post by DBHighDefinition » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:33 pm

Kunzait_83 wrote:
Smooth Criminal wrote:Your gimmick of writing small essays in each post that ultimately lead nowhere is getting very stale. Everything you say can basically be summed up in two or three sentences. I'd recommend you start toning it down before people begin tuning you out completely. I for one already have.
Alright then, fair enough; I can totally respect that. I only wish that you (or whomever else might’ve felt this way for that matter) would’ve just come out and said so a lot sooner if things were getting to that point for any length of time. Still though, better late than never, and I do sincerely thank you very much for the simple honesty; I greatly appreciate it as I’ve always respected plain truthfulness over all else.

I don’t think I’ve ever in my life broken a thousand posts on ANY internet forum before (which says a lot about how much this place and the fine folks within sorta sucked me in), so I guess in a way my very first 1000th post is sort of a fitting point for me to close out on.

It can never be said enough how much you guys are such a wonderful, wonderful community (and wonderful people in general), and I’ll certainly not forget the lot of you anytime soon.

But hey, look at the bright side; now the threads will have a helluva lot less giant walls of text to sift through. :wink: :P

So (hopefully) without any faux-bullshit internet drama/fanfare, I’ll just sign off with a very simple (and fond) farewell that the loveable lunk-head whose mug has served as my avatar throughout most of this was always fond of saying;

I don't think you should stop, i enjoy reading reading your walls of text, they always have a good argument in them. Hell, your posts are always the ones i most enjoy reading.
[quote="Roshi in DB Evolution"]Believe it punk, you're getting your clock, cleaned![/quote]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/DBHighDef]My old YouTube is back up and running![/url]

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:35 pm

DBHighDefinition wrote: I don't think you should stop, i enjoy reading reading your walls of text, they always have a good argument in them. Hell, your posts are always the ones i most enjoy reading.
I second that.

TheMajinRedComet
Patreon Supporter

Post by TheMajinRedComet » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:35 pm

I think that Sean is a very good Goku and he keeps getting better, He the Goku I grew up with, I love the Japanese version, but they are totally different and I appreciate both versions very much.
Hiei: "So tell me - what's it like living in a constant haze of Stupidity?"
Hiei: "I know as much about games as I do puppies and huggs....Wake me up for the end of world"
Welcome to Super Vegeta's Big Bang Attack.... Welcome to Oblivion!!!
Remember "When things get weird, skip the last saga"-Chris Sabat

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:35 pm

C'mon bro, someone asks you to tone down the huge, anti-dub rants a little bit and you leave the board? They're nice, thought-out little speeches, don't get the wrong impression.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Sprite Satan
Regular

Post by Sprite Satan » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:38 pm

Not to jump in on the "Please don't go, Kunzait" bandwagon (but I will) but... long posts they may be, but they were never walls of text and they were never padded with fat. They were never inflammatory, no matter how much he holds his anti-dub opinion, so I never held a problem with them on that side either.
Yamucha Densetsu - APRIL 8th Update - Goku is Yamucha and Yamucha is Goku
Further evidence to support the Yamucha-Goten lineage! Features badly Photoshopped images from Google search

Chrono Trigger
Advanced Regular

Post by Chrono Trigger » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:39 pm

I don't think you should stop, i enjoy reading reading your walls of text, they always have a good argument in them. Hell, your posts are always the ones i most enjoy reading.
I agree 100% with this. Although Kunzait would really be a true beast if he never ever came back.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:42 pm

The "well fine, I'll just leave" pisses me off more than anything you've said in a rant.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:24 pm

Rocketman wrote:The "well fine, I'll just leave" pisses me off more than anything you've said in a rant.
Seriously. I'd expect more out of Kunzait. Honestly, only 9 year old n00bs say "I'm leaving and never coming back" Definitely out of character for Kunzait.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:30 pm

Metalwario64 wrote:
Rocketman wrote:The "well fine, I'll just leave" pisses me off more than anything you've said in a rant.
Seriously. I'd expect more out of Kunzait. Honestly, only 9 year old n00bs say "I'm leaving and never coming back" Definitely out of character for Kunzait.
I've got no choice but to "third" this. It gives off a message of "nobody wants me around" when nothing was asked but to tone something down a notch. If that's truly how well you deal with differing opinions, you're probably just not used to Daizex as much as you might think.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

mAcChaos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mAcChaos » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:31 pm

Wait, you're leaving just because some random person said they don't like reading a lot? I thought you were all "like I'd ever let some random guy off the internet get under my skin" before. Man up. : P
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

MagicBox
Advanced Regular

Post by MagicBox » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:42 pm

I know it sounds harsh, but "fourth'ed."

God forbid the guy who complained just skip past the damn post if he's too impatient to read it.
"Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

Snail

Post by Snail » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:12 am

Trying to become that 'legendary' figure that used to exist (?) on the boards I guess. It's kind of laughable.

Hurry up and just return to clear yourself up Kunzait. Cut the teenage school hallway antics and come back man! I'm positve you'll be lurking the site regardless. For the record, I loved reading your 'great wall of texts', although it's a little overboard at times, they're still an enjoyable read.

mAcChaos

Post by mAcChaos » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:15 am

That's not why he left. He's busy with some stuff. It was just a good excuse to disappear for a while.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

Smooth Criminal
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Smooth Criminal » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:50 am

Just a reminder, but you've all been off-topic now for almost an entire page. This is exactly the kind of shit I'm talking about. These 'speeches', albeit eloquent, often stray so far from the topic of Dragonball that the discussion loses focus. This is a bad thing.

I have no problem with well-written prose. My issue lies in the fact that there is hardly anything of relevant substance there. Please take your off-topic, irrelevant discussion to another forum.

Returning to the discussion at hand:

Not surprisingly, most of my favorite Goku lines come from the Cell games. Particularly the moments before he sacrifices himself. (I'll use the DBHighDef link this time)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tKD6WZvHTk