Fan-Made Remastered Season 9 Trailer

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:20 am

This will be the next cover knowing FUNimation:

Okay, with all joking aside, Gozar this is really awesome and I hope they use the image you chose, or an equally awesome one of Gotenks or Vegetto.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:28 am

The 'lol random char on box art i so funy' gag is getting really worn out, guys.
SSJ4 Furanki wrote:awesome one of Gotenks
DOES NOT COMPUTE

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:32 am

Rocketman wrote:The 'lol random char on box art i so funy' gag is getting really worn out, guys.
Eh, good point. Just bored at 12 am

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:03 am

Rocketman wrote:The 'lol random char on box art i so funy' gag is getting really worn out, guys.
I agree. I'm not sure if it was ever really funny in the first place.

Anyway, what would make the most sense for Season Nine is one of the Buus. Kid Buu, probably.

Yeah, yeah, I know you could say, "Piccolo on Season Seven doesn't make sense, so why would..." I don't know about anyone else, but it seems to me the content of Season Seven is mostly fluff. There's no real focus on any one character. They could have just as justifiably put Paikuhan on the cover as they could Saiyaman, or a dual shot of Goten and Trunks, or Videl, or whatever.

So really, Seven's cover spot was fair game for any number of characters. If you ask me, Piccolo deserves it.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Drabaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Drabaz » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:23 am

SSj Kaboom wrote:Yeah, yeah, I know you could say, "Piccolo on Season Seven doesn't make sense, so why would..." I don't know about anyone else, but it seems to me the content of Season Seven is mostly fluff. There's no real focus on any one character. They could have just as justifiably put Paikuhan on the cover as they could Saiyaman, or a dual shot of Goten and Trunks, or Videl, or whatever.

So really, Seven's cover spot was fair game for any number of characters. If you ask me, Piccolo deserves it.
I'm all for Piccolo on a cover, but by this time he is passed his prime. At this point he is just a strong wise teacher. Which makes it more unfitting to have a picture of him as a fighter. If it was just a regular picture with him and his weighted clothing on, I would be fine with that.
My Dragon Ball AMV's:
Pain into Power - Gohan Tribute - Best Character Profile at AnimeNext
The Dragon Ball Life - Original DB only AMV - Coordinators Choice at Anime Conji
When I See You Again [NEW!!!] - Goku & Krillin AMV - Best Drama at Otakon

Gozar
Advanced Regular

Post by Gozar » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:05 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:
I agree. I'm not sure if it was ever really funny in the first place.

Anyway, what would make the most sense for Season Nine is one of the Buus. Kid Buu, probably.

Yeah, yeah, I know you could say, "Piccolo on Season Seven doesn't make sense, so why would..." I don't know about anyone else, but it seems to me the content of Season Seven is mostly fluff. There's no real focus on any one character. They could have just as justifiably put Paikuhan on the cover as they could Saiyaman, or a dual shot of Goten and Trunks, or Videl, or whatever.

I agree, I was just thinking about this last night. The 2 Saga's covered in Season7 are just a lull in the series. A slow point if you will. The common fan doesn't really care about Saiyaman. I think Piccolo deserved to get on a cover since he really wouldn't be fit on any other cover. But I also agree with Drabaz. It shouldn't have been such an intense action shot.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:13 pm

I'd have used that shot for Season Two if Piccolo had to have a cover. I'd have like either SSj Gohan or Great Saiyaman for this cover, but alas...

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:22 pm

The Time Traveller wrote:Image
Woah damn. I'm digging that Lunch art. :D

But yeah, nice job Gozar. Sounds about on par with the way Chris Sabat does it.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/TsukentoX]YouTube Profile[/url]

Super Ghost Kamikaze
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Ghost Kamikaze » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:55 pm

SSJ4 Furanki wrote:awesome one of Gotenks
DOES NOT COMPUTE
Your computer must not be capable of dealing with obscenely high levels of Awesome, in the same way that Scouters can't handle obscenely high power levels.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:58 pm

Super Ghost Kamikaze wrote:Your computer must not be capable of dealing with obscenely high levels of Awesome, in the same way that Scouters can't handle obscenely high power levels.
Now that doesn't make sense, as Vegetto shows up just fine. I think it's high levels of Duuuhhhhrrrr that causes the error.

Super Ghost Kamikaze

Post by Super Ghost Kamikaze » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:05 pm

Rocketman wrote: Now that doesn't make sense, as Vegetto shows up just fine. I think it's high levels of Duuuhhhhrrrr that causes the error.
Well that IS odd. Seems that computers aren't yet programmed with a sense of humor.

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:39 am

SSJ4 Furanki wrote:This will be the next cover knowing FUNimation:

Okay, with all joking aside, Gozar this is really awesome and I hope they use the image you chose, or an equally awesome one of Gotenks or Vegetto.
It's the Buu saga, so.. I wouldn't mind.
If challenge had a taste, you'd be quite delicious.

Casual Matt
Advanced Regular

Post by Casual Matt » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:50 am

Gozar wrote:I decided to put this together just for the hell of it. Tell me what you think.

Click Here
That's so perfectly FUNimation.

Well, except for having good art on the cover. Lolazers. I kid, Seasons Two through Five have had fine art.
Sprite Satan wrote:
SSj_Rambo wrote:I agree, but it wouldn't have been as bad if they had instead used another main character of that saga, as apposed to somebody from the very begining of the series. :|
I kind of get that they wanted to give Piccolo a cover, he's a cool character and all that. But Saiyaman seems to have been Gohan's one shot at a cover. Actually, imagine that, it's likely that of 9 DBZ volumes none of them will have Son Gohan on the cover, despite his rather large role in the series.
Gohan should have been on the cover of Season Six. Period.

As bad as the Season One cover art was, putting Freeza Saga Goku on the cover of a Cell Games boxset instead of Gohan was madness.

It probably wouldn't have bothered me if they didn't have the previous five seasons with relevant characters on the cover. I mean, if they wanted covers relevant to the set, fine, sweet. If they wanted to just have a random hero on each cover, cool. Either way would look fine on a bookshelf. But with all the consistency they've been spouting about, it seems hypocritical to change their mind about this halfway through.

Then again, there's probably already threads full of this crap, and I haven't said a whole hell of a lot about the fan trailer in this post.

That being said, it's a fine fan trailer, with quite a good Chris Sabat impression. Much better than well over half of the crap people stick on YouTube.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:50 pm

Not to be an ass, but I don't think he sounded anything like Sabat. It pretty much my only 'complaint', if you will. I think the visuals are good but it doesn't even sound like he was going for what Sabat does--vocally--as the narrator of those trailers.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Gozar
Advanced Regular

Post by Gozar » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:40 pm

JulieYBM wrote:Not to be an ass, but I don't think he sounded anything like Sabat. It pretty much my only 'complaint', if you will. I think the visuals are good but it doesn't even sound like he was going for what Sabat does--vocally--as the narrator of those trailers.
Sabat's much more subdued in the Trailers. He uses something closer to his natural voice which is harder for me to get without the rasp. So I basically went into something more Piccolo.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:44 pm

Gozar wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:Not to be an ass, but I don't think he sounded anything like Sabat. It pretty much my only 'complaint', if you will. I think the visuals are good but it doesn't even sound like he was going for what Sabat does--vocally--as the narrator of those trailers.
Sabat's much more subdued in the Trailers. He uses something closer to his natural voice which is harder for me to get without the rasp. So I basically went into something more Piccolo.
That sounded more Vegeta to me. :shock:
She/Her
bisexual milf

Gozar
Advanced Regular

Post by Gozar » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:46 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
Gozar wrote:
Vegeta? :shock:

Vegeta doesn't sound anything like that. =/

Snail

Post by Snail » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:50 pm

I just rewatched it.

Gozar deserves some sort of a prize if the official trailer for Season 9 contained dialogue that turned out to be 90 - 100 percent identical.

Titty flashing up to snuff?

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:00 pm

Oh! Oh! My Turn:

Here's a blank somebody else can use for fun:
http://i35.tinypic.com/6z7mfb.jpg

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:15 pm

Gozar wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:
Gozar wrote: Sabat's much more subdued in the Trailers. He uses something closer to his natural voice which is harder for me to get without the rasp. So I basically went into something more Piccolo.
Vegeta? :shock:

Vegeta doesn't sound anything like that. =/
Well, it sounds like you were going for Vegeta far more then you were Piccolo.
She/Her
bisexual milf