Before DBZ, there was Chuck E. Cheese in the Galaxy 5000...

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Taku128
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Before DBZ, there was Chuck E. Cheese in the Galaxy 5000...

Post by Taku128 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:09 am

There was a thread recently about dub actors appearing in other things, so I'm sad I didn't find this soon enough. In 1999 FUNimation made the hour length movie "Chuck E. Cheese in the Galaxy 5000". It is about Chuck E. Cheese and his friends trying to get $50,000 for Charlie Rockit, who needs it to fix his aunt and uncle's tractor engine. Several of the actors from the FUNimation dub of Dragon Ball Z, such as Chris Sabat and Duncan Brannan either do voices or appear in live action as characters in the movie. It was only released on VHS, but it has been uploaded in it's entirity to youtube. I hope since it's been out of print for a long time it's okay to link to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvPDKzSaeyg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_E._C ... alaxy_5000
­

DBHighDefinition
Regular

Re: Before DBZ, there was Chuck E. Cheese in the Galaxy 5000

Post by DBHighDefinition » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:20 pm

Taku128 wrote:There was a thread recently about dub actors appearing in other things, so I'm sad I didn't find this soon enough. In 1999 FUNimation made the hour length movie "Chuck E. Cheese in the Galaxy 5000". It is about Chuck E. Cheese and his friends trying to get $50,000 for Charlie Rockit, who needs it to fix his aunt and uncle's tractor engine. Several of the actors from the FUNimation dub of Dragon Ball Z, such as Chris Sabat and Duncan Brannan either do voices or appear in live action as characters in the movie. It was only released on VHS, but it has been uploaded in it's entirity to youtube. I hope since it's been out of print for a long time it's okay to link to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvPDKzSaeyg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_E._C ... alaxy_5000
Chuck E. Cheese sounds like "Boss Rabbit" from Dragon Ball! Duncan Brannan for the win!
[quote="Roshi in DB Evolution"]Believe it punk, you're getting your clock, cleaned![/quote]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/DBHighDef]My old YouTube is back up and running![/url]

GotenZ1
Patreon Supporter

Post by GotenZ1 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:18 pm

This is atrocious. The forum gods are crying.

Great find!
My short animated film (has some violence): http://youtu.be/ovT8mbYE85E

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:43 pm

I couldn't watch past the part where they all sat down at the table and started talking.

..Which was like two minutes in.

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:54 pm

Captain Awesome wrote:I couldn't watch past the part where they all sat down at the table and started talking.

..Which was like two minutes in.
Same here, what the hell was going on? Some kid mooching off of a bunch of Furries?

Tatsunoboshi Horoko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tatsunoboshi Horoko » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:18 pm

I like how Hanz and Veter there try to hit on the six-foot tall, anthropomorphic, giant, female chicken. Pure gold.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:53 pm

I've been looking for this forever. If I ever go to a con and running a panel I'm calling it the Chris Sabat sex tape.

Wait...er...

Do I hear Tiffany Volmer, Chris Sabat, and Sonny Strait as Chuckee Cheese?
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Levlik
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Levlik » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:56 pm

JulieYBM wrote:I've been looking for this forever. If I ever go to a con and running a panel I'm calling it the Chris Sabat sex tape.

Wait...er...

I'm almost positive that's Tiffany Vollmer voicing the chicken...thing. The credits state otherwise (Georgia Denney), but considering googling that name comes up with little to no results, any result about voice acting being from the Chuck E. Cheese movie, it's probably an alias.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:39 pm

Levlik wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:I've been looking for this forever. If I ever go to a con and running a panel I'm calling it the Chris Sabat sex tape.

Wait...er...

I'm almost positive that's Tiffany Vollmer voicing the chicken...thing. The credits state otherwise (Georgia Denney), but considering googling that name comes up with little to no results, any result about voice acting being from the Chuck E. Cheese movie, it's probably an alias.
Actually, it sounds a little like Elise Blaughmen (Pan). O.o
She/Her
bisexual milf

jda95
Advanced Regular

Post by jda95 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:13 am

That was disturbing.... :shock:

Tekkaman-James
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tekkaman-James » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:29 am

That was the most ridiculous thing I've ever watched in a LONG time. If I hadn't had that thing playing in one window while I wandered the forum in another, I don't think I'd have been able to make it through it.

The story was so unbelievable it was insane! Chuck and his friends frequent a pizza shop where they are hit up for $50,000 to save the relatives of some kid they don't even know? To top it off, the easiest way to score the cash is to...win an intergalactic spaceship race on another planet?!? And the way they get to said planet is by...taking a teleporter the pizza shop owner has in his back room?!? Where the heck did they come up with this stuff? I think the writers were doing a little "Zoom Gas" themselves.

Wow. Just...wow.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:52 pm

Is that Chris Sabat playin' the piano at 6:33?
She/Her
bisexual milf

Tekkaman-James
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tekkaman-James » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:11 pm

JulieYBM wrote:Is that Chris Sabat playin' the piano at 6:33?
Yes. Yes it is. :lol:

He is also the voice of Munch (the Grimace wannabe) and the voice of the announcer on the TV that their watching just a few minutes before we see him as the piano player. So, if you're a Chris Sabat fan, at least you can get a taste of all three of the roles he plays in the first seven minutes and save yourself the trauma of sitting through the rest of it. :?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:01 pm

Tekkaman-James wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:Is that Chris Sabat playin' the piano at 6:33?
Yes. Yes it is. :lol:

He is also the voice of Munch (the Grimace wannabe) and the voice of the announcer on the TV that their watching just a few minutes before we see him as the piano player. So, if you're a Chris Sabat fan, at least you can get a taste of all three of the roles he plays in the first seven minutes and save yourself the trauma of sitting through the rest of it. :?
Let's not forget, he and Barry Watson were the film editors!!
She/Her
bisexual milf

theoriginalbilis
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by theoriginalbilis » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:13 am

I don't know how the movie did it, but I just became sterile...
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.