Budokai Tenkaichi Source

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

jda95
Advanced Regular

Post by jda95 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:47 pm

JulieYBM wrote:Costumes: GT outfit and adult version of his old gi
You mean kid version of his adult gi? think you are talking about GT Kid Goku.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:18 pm

jda95 wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:Costumes: GT outfit and adult version of his old gi
You mean kid version of his adult gi? think you are talking about GT Kid Goku.
I mean the gi he wore when he fought Boo and stuff as a kid.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:42 pm

If they reintroduce "What if" fusions, and GT Trunks and Goten, then well... I think you know where I'm going with this.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:43 pm

Innagadadavida wrote:If they reintroduce "What if" fusions, and GT Trunks and Goten, then well... I think you know where I'm going with this.
Yeah, I had forgotten to mention I'd like to see a fusion option for the two.
She/Her
bisexual milf

jda95
Advanced Regular

Post by jda95 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:44 pm

What about Piririn? :D

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:17 pm

jda95 wrote:What about Piririn? :D
Piccolo and Krillin!?

I think that they should include some "What-if" fusions like Budokai 2 and 3. But they need to be within reason. Krillin and Piccolo probably arent considering their varying power levels.

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:30 pm

I really like your videos, I think each adds good points, and ideas Spike should definatley try out for the next Sparking installment.
Though I have to say, I think the character creation idea is just.. well, absolutley needless. But this is coming from a guy who thinks character creators are needless in nearly every game (except perhaps MMOs), I think the roster is HUGE enough to do without MORE characters, and Spike should focus on the visuals and gameplay (because I think they are SERIOUSLY lacking in their games).
If the game play, animations (especially animations), and general feel of " this has ACTUALLY had effort put into it " are all improved, we'd have a good game on our hands, I think if Spike were to insert something as drastic as a character creator it would (once again) neglect these key elements.
Last edited by Rory on Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jda95
Advanced Regular

Post by jda95 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:31 pm

Innagadadavida wrote:
jda95 wrote:What about Piririn? :D
Piccolo and Krillin!?

I think that they should include some "What-if" fusions like Budokai 2 and 3. But they need to be within reason. Krillin and Piccolo probably arent considering their varying power levels.
Yeah, it was just a gag thing for a contest.

A lot of people speculate about 'Froola' - Freeza + Coola.

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:27 pm

Rory wrote:I really like your videos, I think each adds good points, and ideas Spike should definatley try out for the next Sparking installment.
Though I have to say, I think the character creation idea is just.. well, absolutley needless. But this is coming from a guy who thinks character creators are needless in nearly every game (except perhaps MMOs), I think the roster is HUGE enough to do without MORE characters, and Spike should focus on the visuals and gameplay (because I think they are SERIOUSLY lacking in their games).
If the game play, animations (especially animations), and general feel of " this has ACTUALLY had effort put into it " are all improved, we'd have a good game on our hands, I think if Spike were to insert something as drastic as a character creator it would (once again) neglect these key elements.
I've never understood the mentality that you have to sacrifice one thing for another. I think that spike should work hard to make the best game they possibly can. I know that the tenkaichi games aren't necessarily big budget titles, but that's no excuse IMO. They have a great system, they need to build on it. I agree totally that they should work on the animation and visuals, but I don't think that they would be sacrificed in favor of a character creator. Just because you have an apple doesn't mean you can't have an orange.

Besides, if the next game is truly going to be a next gen title, then of course the visuals and animation will be updated.

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:04 am

Innagadadavida wrote:I've never understood the mentality that you have to sacrifice one thing for another. I think that spike should work hard to make the best game they possibly can. I know that the tenkaichi games aren't necessarily big budget titles, but that's no excuse IMO. They have a great system, they need to build on it. I agree totally that they should work on the animation and visuals, but I don't think that they would be sacrificed in favor of a character creator. Just because you have an apple doesn't mean you can't have an orange.

Besides, if the next game is truly going to be a next gen title, then of course the visuals and animation will be updated.
It's true that with many games, you get the best of both worlds, but with Spike (and almost all Dragonball games), I never find this to be the case. I think especially with Spike, with which the third installment of the Sparking series was just " we thre in a few more characters.. oh, and you can dodge now too.. well, kind of ". One of my biggest gripes with the Sparking series (all of them) has been the lack of quality. Constantly running at 30fps (I think it was slightly improved for the sequels but still, not exactly 60), lazy animations, unimpressive ultimate attacks, disgraceful cutscenes, to name but a few.
To work on these takes time, a lot of time, and I think in all seriousness, if you DO want to take the time, and put out a great game, you need to work on the flaws of the last game, before you throw in something like a character creator. As I said, this is also a personal gripe too, perhaps something we just can't agree on, I really just don't see the need for a character creator, I play a Dragonball game to play as Dragonball characters, again, Dragonball Online will be different, new story ect, focus on online play, everyone will need to be different. I love the characters from the show, and and get more than enough enjoyment playing as them, I can't help but find my eyes rolling when the mention of a " character creator " comes into the majority of Dragonball games discussion.
So what's my point? Fix the half assed game before you pump out another sequel, you lazy bastards. :D

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Re: Budokai Tenkaichi Source

Post by Innagadadavida » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:28 pm

Innagadadavida wrote: Character Profiles #03 - Goku and Vegeta
[ Runtime: 2:27 | Surprise ending: No | http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL7Di0QXMyQ ]
This entry is all about the two main Saiyans, Goku and Vegeta. We go over the possibilities of four new characters. Teen Goku, great golden ape Goku, Kid Vegeta, and GT Vegeta.
New episode is up. Let me know what you guys think about it.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:37 pm

Pretty good. I see you made partial mention of my idea for Teen Son...which was really obvious ideas, but alas...
She/Her
bisexual milf

jda95
Advanced Regular

Post by jda95 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:40 pm

I can't believe they haven't put in a Golden Ozaru yet....

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:49 pm

jda95 wrote:I can't believe they haven't put in a Golden Ozaru yet....
Yeah, truthfully it'd have been awesome.

SP1: Flamethrower attack
SP2: Super KameHame-Ha (or a boulder throwing attack)
Ultimate: Rapidfire flamethrower

Or...something far more creative than that.
She/Her
bisexual milf

jda95
Advanced Regular

Post by jda95 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:51 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
jda95 wrote:I can't believe they haven't put in a Golden Ozaru yet....
Yeah, truthfully it'd have been awesome.

SP1: Flamethrower attack
SP2: Super KameHame-Ha (or a boulder throwing attack)
Ultimate: Rapidfire flamethrower

Or...something far more creative than that.
It's not your fault that some characters just have generic attacks!

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Re: Budokai Tenkaichi Source

Post by Innagadadavida » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:27 am

Innagadadavida wrote:SHORTS
These are a series of videos consisting of topics that were too short or brief to warrant a full episode.
- Budokai Tenkaichi Shorts #01 - Changes
All about the changes that took place to the Budokai Tenkaichi Source series.
- Budokai Tenkaichi Shorts #02 - The Name
This one is about the name "Budokai Tenkaichi" and why Atari needs to consider a new name for Budokai Tenkaichi 4.

NEWS & RUMORS
These are videos covering the latest News and Rumors regarding the Tenkaichi Series. Sometimes we'll cover related games like the Budokai/Burst Limit series.
- Budokai Tenkaichi Source - News 12/30/08 - Spike's Countdown Timer!!!
This video is about the mysterious countdown timer that appeared on Spike's website prior to the new year. UPDATE: It turned out not to be about Sparking.
- Budokai Tenkaichi Source - Rumor 01/29/09 - Release Date?
A video covering the mysterious appearance of a Dragon Ball Z Wii game on a couple of gaming sites. One site even referred to it as Budokai Tenkaichi 4. Could this really be a new Budokai Tenkaichi game?
I've done a little bit of reformatting and added a couple of sections containing some new vids as well as some older ones that I never linked to. I had to change my format for the videos because my laptop crapped out on me. I'm working on the videos on a different computer where I have none of my files from before. :roll:

Ahh well. It only constitutes as necro-posting if the thread is on a different page, right? I'd sure hate to loose this thread. I think it would be annoying to create another just like it too.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:39 am

I agree gameplay-wise, but Dimp's character models?
I personally wouldn't like the latter.
When I look at the Tenkaichi models, they look WAY BETTER than the ones in Budokai - and now even Infinite World - look o_
I really don't get how people can think the Sparking! models look better than the Budokai models... hell, Budokai 1's character models were better than Meteor's.
Though I have to say, I think the character creation idea is just.. well, absolutley needless.

Needless?

NEEDLESS?

Get over here, I've got a baseball bat with your name on it. :twisted:

Seriously, though, they've got everyone from the series already so a CaC is the next logical step. And even with everyone the do have the roster is still limited for people like me who have super active imaginations and get tired, after a couple weeks, of re-enacting the series or doing what-ifs from the series and want to fight with/against their fanfic OCs.

I'm not kidding, I would kill to be able to create my OCs and fight with them. (Well, ok, maybe not KILL but I'd beat someone up if I had to!) I could have Nova, Queen of the Changelings, beat the crap out of Freeza! I could have Cheri and Zukkino, half Saiya-jin daughter and son of Tien! Sakura and Akemi, half Tanarian daughters of Yamcha! Not to mention Kavar, Akira, Sora, Hotaru, Autoro, Eskarga, Nefaria, Quietus, Azura, Raven, Ravenna, Razor, Appla, Vadora, Mango, Tangerie, Torrak, Azara, Panti, Tatamo, Kyuukei, Rag, Na, Rok, Zukkina, Storm, Rain, Enzeru, and Mitsuki and so on and so on.

Not to mention any proper CaC would enable me to edit existing characters. SSJ/2 Bardock! SSJ/2 Pan! Transformations for the humans! 5th Form Freeza! 1st - 3rd Form Cooler! Chi-Chi/Videl Fusion! SSJ3 Vegeta!

CaC = Nearly endless replay value.

At this point it's about the only thing that would make me crave the new Sparking! game. Meteor already gave us everyone worth having. Time to let us make our own characters.

There's only ONE other feature that would have me demanding BT4 and that's an original story mode. No original story mode or CaC and I'll probably just pass on BT4.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:09 am

Xyex wrote:There's only ONE other feature that would have me demanding BT4 and that's an original story mode. No original story mode or CaC and I'll probably just pass on BT4.
There's so much unexplored terrain for this. Piccolo's childhood. Yamcha's experiences (how did he get those scars?). What kind of training does Tenshinhan and Choutzu do (and what are some of their experiences)? What was life for Vegeta like, being Freeza's fav? Ext.

There's so much back story and character history they could develop as a "what-if" storyline. I'd love to see some of this. Maybe even with writers from Toei, or *gasp* the big man himself.

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:37 am

Innagadadavida wrote:[
There's so much unexplored terrain for this. Piccolo's childhood. Yamcha's experiences (how did he get those scars?).
The anime really dropped the ball on that one, I would have killed for a single filler episode where Yamcha got his scars in some kind of epic battle.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:30 pm

JulieYBM wrote:Been working on a few character ideas for a Sparking 4:
Wall o' Text
Yamcha's UB should be the Panzerfaust.