DragonBall GT Revised [fanfic]

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kaboom

Re: DragonBall GT: Revised

Post by Kaboom » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:52 pm

Merry Christmas, sexy Daizexies! In the spirit of the season and as a flimsy substitute for the still-in-progress Chapter 11, I come bearing good tidings of great appeasement! I have for you that thing I promised you a week after Chapter 10 was posted. You guessed it (or not), it's Dragon Ball GT: Revised, Volume One!
That's right, by simply following that link, you can download the entirety of GTR "Volume One," which would be chapters 1 through 10, all compiled into a single, handy .PDF for your reading leisure! As an added bonus, it even contains a cover page with a table of contents! Slap it on your iPad, Kindle, Nook, or other handy tablet-reader-thingy, and look classy this Christmas season as you read goofy Dragon Ball fanfiction!

Chapter 11 is in progress as mentioned, is half done already, and is coming along quite swimmingly. I want to have it done and available by New Years, but I know better. But if we all clap our hands and believe...
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Maphisto86
Patreon Supporter

Post by Maphisto86 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:02 am

Thanks for the update and posting that .pdf of the story so far. Really handy to have . . . if only I had an Ipod or Iphone. :oops:

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:13 pm

Hey, everyone. Just delivering some quick news (and in the process giving my thread a little bump up in this here subforum). Chapter 11 is done, and is now in the hands of my ever-lovely and capable proofreader. By the time she's done with it, I should likewise have all the bonus material completed, and we're looking at a full update hopefully before the end of the week.

In the meantime, here's a bit of art I slapped together to serve as a "sneak peek" of the portion of the story we're leaping right into with this chapter!
deviantART
[thread]

kaialone
Regular

Post by kaialone » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:15 pm

Okay Kaboom, I havent read through the whole thing yet but I cant believe how awesome it it! Merely reading it made me feel bad because yore just so talented at this,and so much more creative than li'l old me could ever hope to be. See what you´ve done? You´ve ruined my weekend D:< ! No but seriously I love every single bit of it ^^ Even though it really DOES make me feel bad,in fact it makes me feel unworthy of even knowing that Dragonball exist,since very story or OC I ever came up with is just so damn unoriginal I cant bare to look in the mirror......

I cant wait to read the rest and for more updates :D :´D
-凯

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:29 am

kaialone wrote:I cant wait to read the rest and for more updates :D
Well, I can't really do anything about the former, that's all on you. But as for the latter...!
This time, we're diving right into the main meat of the story, at long last! Our trio of space-faring heroes find themselves on their first pit-stop, already tracking a Dragon Ball. But, obviously, it's not going to be easy to get.

And, as is the standard now, we've got the downloadable PDF version!
But you guys should know by now, that's not all there is to it. As usual, we've got some bonus content. First off, a character(s) bio. Warning, it's a bit spoilerish if you haven't actually read the chapter yet!
SHILLA and GHEL

Alignment:
Neutral Evil
Race:
Does it matter?
Battle Power:
Less than 1000.
Home:
Planet Imegga, for the most part.
Stooges
Goals:
For "Plan A" to finally work someday.

Bio: Shilla and Ghel are the top two thugs under the employ of the quasi-illustrious entrepreneur, Don Kia. A few years ago, out in the free-for-all post-Freeza universe, they were former partners in the space bandito business, attempting to hijack ships for profit and glory. They sucked at it. In the process, they got a whole lot of people pissed off at them, and ended up on the run.

They eventually found themselves off in the slums of the North Galaxy, and were subsequently brought down when they approached Imegga as a potential hideout. They hit it off with Don Kia, and soon proved their (relative) strength. And so they became his top-ranking underlings, because it sure as heck paid better than what they were doing before. The rest is history.

_____
Uh-uh-uh, we're not done yet! We've got some doodlings and what-not! First, some character "concept sheets" for Shilla and Ghel...
Image Image
Next, the same dealy for the native Imeggans. I know I described them pretty basically in the text itself, but... well, y'know.
And finally, a pair of doodles, because I love all eight of my readers!
Image Image
There we go! Don't say I never do anything for you guys!

Chapter 12 is, surprisingly even to me, already half-done! It's showing no signs of slowing, is turning out even more awesome than this chapter, and should be done soon.
deviantART
[thread]

StarRot
Advanced Regular

Post by StarRot » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:08 am

Just started reading. On chapter 8.

I’ll admit, I was bit wary of reading this at first, since all the re-writes of GT I've read have been … not that good, to put it nicely.
But this fanfic is excellent. I particularly like how you portray the characters; you have a gift for characterisation.
I’m looking forward to reading more of this fic.

I also like your drawings. That groggy Goku is really cute.

Zionist
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zionist » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:16 am

I'll just copy my review from FF

lol Enjoyed this chapter very much, barring the fact that Goku's attempting to help Pan become a Super Saiyan already...but that's beside the point...

Loved how Goku made so many Earth references, Pan would try and shut him up and the Immega folk would agree with him, typical Goku stuff

Goku trying to brag about beating Frieza is lulzy, usually not one to brag, guess it got to him
Rocketman wrote:Who gives a shit about a Broly fan's feelings.
Zoms wrote:That moment when you relate your ship to glass tubes...

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:25 pm

Zionist wrote:lol Enjoyed this chapter very much, barring the fact that Goku's attempting to help Pan become a Super Saiyan already...but that's beside the point...
Well, that's just his goal and hopeful end result for their upcoming almost-year of training together. That doesn't mean it'll actually happen any time soon, though!
Goku trying to brag about beating Freeza is lulzy, usually not one to brag, guess it got to him
Normally no, Goku might not be the bragging type. But in this case, he was more trying to quell the Imeggans' fears rather than actually boast about his own power. At least, that's what I was going for.
deviantART
[thread]

Zionist
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zionist » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:00 pm

Kaboom wrote: Well, that's just his goal and hopeful end result for their upcoming almost-year of training together. That doesn't mean it'll actually happen any time soon, though!

Normally no, Goku might not be the bragging type. But in this case, he was more trying to quell the Imeggans' fears rather than actually boast about his own power. At least, that's what I was going for.
So I'm to assume by the way you worded that response that by the end of it all, she WILL become a Super Saiyan.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:29 pm

Zionist wrote:So I'm to assume by the way you worded that response that by the end of it all, she WILL become a Super Saiyan.
That very well may possibly in theory be the potential case under the right circumstances someday. :wink:
deviantART
[thread]

Zionist
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zionist » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:35 pm

Kaboom wrote:That very well may possibly in theory be the potential case under the right circumstances someday. :wink:
Well now I'm left here only imagining the possibilities of how it might happen, as you went to state in the chapter, she's had a peaceful life. So I assume someone dies or comes to a near death situation which pushes her over the top near the end of this story.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:36 pm

Dropping in with a tiny update; I've made some minor tweaks here and there, so I'm putting up "version 1.1" editions of the two volume PDFs, for GTR Volume 1 and for Cataclysm.

Here's the one with a whole bunch of Namekians!
Here's the one with no Namekians other than Piccolo and Dende!
Protip: The only difference is that I changed any and all instances of "Tuffle" to "Tsufrian." You're welcome!

Chapter 12 is still coming along swimmingly.
deviantART
[thread]

Great Saiyaman I
Regular

Post by Great Saiyaman I » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:40 am

Oh that silly robot. I suppose that in this version they won't use stealth against the assorted Imeggian Appules?
-The Great Saiyaman
Herms wrote:
Nex Carnifex wrote:Herms can you translate the whole thing
No.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:16 am

Well, I'm pretty sure I used the word "sneak" in the description of their plan, somewhere. :wink:
deviantART
[thread]

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:39 pm

Giving the thread a minor bump to say that Chapter 11 has been slightly "tweaked" both on FanFiction.net as well as within the .PDF. Not gonna bother providing new links; the old ones have been updated and are still right here on this page.

Hey, why don't we make this interesting and kill some time while Kino finishes up with Chapter 12? If someone can spot and tell me what even just one of the mere two aforementioned "tweaks" in Chapter 11 is by this time tomorrow, then I'll toss up a quick, fun, yet-to-be-determined spoiler doodle. If not, then you'll get just get a fake spoiler instead.
deviantART
[thread]

Zionist
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zionist » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:32 pm

What are these 'tweaks?' Changes in action? Addition of content? What shall we be on the look out for?

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:42 pm

Well there's only one noticeable one, and it'll become obvious if anyone who's read the chapter were to read it again. Here's a hint; the word is repeated several times over the course of the chapter.
deviantART
[thread]

Zionist
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zionist » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:52 pm

Kaboom wrote:Well there's only one noticeable one, and it'll become obvious if anyone who's read the chapter were to read it again.
But it's been like a couple of weeks since I read the chapter...and I don't exactly remember every detail. Is it that obvious? I must have missed something unless it was the addition of Goku saying goodbye to Earth and the Moon saying he wouldn't let them blow up...idk, that's probably not it. I got nothing

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:37 pm

Okay, here's another hint. It's something Herms "scolded" me about in a different recent thread.
deviantART
[thread]

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:18 pm

Redgic vs Ledgic. Totally called it before I even looked at it.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.