Dragon Ball: Evolution- Speculation and Discussion

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:22 pm

Chrono Trigger wrote:He talked about scenes filmed in Tibet and you know FOX was looking for actors for re-shoots...
Could you post what he said about that?

Perhaps Fox liked what they saw and wanted to change things, or perhaps when the film was delayed they wrote more scenes in the script. This is all possibilities since the script I have was written in late 2007.
If challenge had a taste, you'd be quite delicious.

Chrono Trigger
Advanced Regular

Post by Chrono Trigger » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:28 pm

He said (I'm just paraphrasing) that "The first place Goku and Bulma go to is a place that looks like it could be "Tibet" and that's where they find a Dragon Ball. Also:

Location of the dragonballs ?

Well you don’t see them get all the dragonballs, goku has 1, bulma has 1, roshi has 1, there’s 1 at Tibet, yamcha has 1, and mai just has the others.
I wish I could tell you where he said that but it was in the Q&A he had with the owner of the french site.
I completely respect your opinion, and I respect you. I enjoyed discussing this with you, even if I don't completely agree.

If we're all here for a reason then I'm just visiting.

If it's held in your heart then you can't let go.

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:32 pm

That sounds completely different. They just "have" them?

Chrono Trigger
Advanced Regular

Post by Chrono Trigger » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:40 pm

That's what the guy said. It doesn't make sense because if everyone already has them then whats the movie about? People just meeting each other?
I completely respect your opinion, and I respect you. I enjoyed discussing this with you, even if I don't completely agree.

jda95
Advanced Regular

Post by jda95 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:41 pm

JAPPO wrote:That sounds completely different. They just "have" them?
Like in the series, Goku gets Gohan's, Bulma finds one, etc.

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:41 pm

Yeah I think this guy is a plant. He is telling you what you want to hear, I think.

I could be wrong so please don't take this as a statement, this is just my guess.

Chrono Trigger
Advanced Regular

Post by Chrono Trigger » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:42 pm

Well the fact that people even have to question whether or not he is legit says something about the whole situation. Oh well guess it was all too good to be true.

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:44 pm

We'll see on April 8th (or maybe in March).

Chrono Trigger
Advanced Regular

Post by Chrono Trigger » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:46 pm

Or in February when those novels come out.

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:50 pm

Those novels usually suck. They are adaptations of an adaptation for children to read. If you take what they say seriously you will be surprised.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:55 pm

The chapter books are even simpler. Those are for 2nd or 3rd graders.

Novelizations are usually 4th through (maybe) 6th grade. I don't know how much they take out of them though; I haven't read an "adaption of an adaption" novelization since I was in in 4th or 5th myself.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

MisterFlashdude
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisterFlashdude » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:58 pm

Why does everyone who gets an inside scoop on this movie sound like an idiot with the grammar of a 6th grader...?
And of course, they all have the heart of a saint; risking their job and livelihood to talk about a movie they acknowledge as being decent at best on an obscure forum full of fans desperate to beg for any details on this movie.

Chrono Trigger
Advanced Regular

Post by Chrono Trigger » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:00 pm

I gotta say I'm getting sick of this movie. This is the first time I've ever followed a film so closely. I can't wait for it to come out and be done with already. :roll:

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:01 pm

MisterFlashdude wrote:Why does everyone who gets an inside scoop on this movie sound like an idiot with the grammar of a 6th grader...?
And of course, they all have the heart of a saint; risking their job and livelihood to talk about a movie they acknowledge as being decent at best on an obscure forum full of fans desperate to beg for any details on this movie.
Because he's French.

Also, Julian shall probably be our first in depth English reviewer.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:02 pm

Not everyone is an English major or something. There's more than one language in the world.

MisterFlashdude
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisterFlashdude » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:05 pm

JAPPO wrote:Not everyone is an English major or something. There's more than one language in the world.
How difficult is it to run what you're about to post through a word processor that'll fix most of those common problems for you? If you want to be taken seriously, try to at least make it seem like you put a little effort into it...

omegacwa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omegacwa » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:07 pm

This review sounded like a combination of what JAPPO has told us, and some other old review I read off IMDB I think.

Otherwise it sounds very promising, I really can't wait to see the movie, for better or worse.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:07 pm

Chrono Trigger wrote:I gotta say I'm getting sick of this movie. This is the first time I've ever followed a film so closely. I can't wait for it to come out and be done with already. :roll:

I'm sick of being tugged about by all the rumors that keep popping up.

Also I'm still unimpressed with Chatku; I'm not really "looking forward" to this movie as there's still many things about it that irritate me--most of which are Goku-related, but I am more interested in it than I was before all this.

First time I've ever followed a movie from pre-production to being shown in theaters too; its been a learning experience.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:08 pm

Chrono Trigger wrote:I gotta say I'm getting sick of this movie. This is the first time I've ever followed a film so closely. I can't wait for it to come out and be done with already.
I second that notion.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Saiyan-Professor
I Live Here

Post by Saiyan-Professor » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:11 pm

MisterFlashdude wrote:
JAPPO wrote:Not everyone is an English major or something. There's more than one language in the world.
How difficult is it to run what you're about to post through a word processor that'll fix most of those common problems for you? If you want to be taken seriously, try to at least make it seem like you put a little effort into it...
Yeah, everyone is dying to meet your standards.

On another note, this review seems fishy, it appears to address just about everything people on here was whining and bitching about.
The Saiyans are very much like the Klingons and Jem'Hadar.