Dragon Ball: Evolution- Speculation and Discussion

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:34 am

Saiyan-Professor wrote:Well, if it is a “plant” does that mean the content is real or fake?
If he is a plant by fox, then maybe real.

But he could be just a liar or telling the truth.
If challenge had a taste, you'd be quite delicious.

Super Ghost Kamikaze
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Ghost Kamikaze » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:38 am

JAPPO wrote:But he could be just a liar or telling the truth.
Excellent deduction skills there, JAPPO.

In all seriousness, it seems iffy at best.

Chrono Trigger
Advanced Regular

Post by Chrono Trigger » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:06 am

Well maybe the guy that gave the review to the site owner gave him some solid evidence that he was legit and that's why he posted the information? I dunno maybe I'm just clinging to some scraps... :(
I completely respect your opinion, and I respect you. I enjoyed discussing this with you, even if I don't completely agree.

If we're all here for a reason then I'm just visiting.

If it's held in your heart then you can't let go.

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:07 am

I hate IMDB to be honest. So many rumors that the site is kind of just frustrating.

Acid_Reign
Advanced Regular

Post by Acid_Reign » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:36 am

Has anyone noticed the pictures two posts down from the “review”? They sort of confirm the facts JAPPO gave us.

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:38 am

I posted those days ago but Fox made me remove them. I posted them here on daizex too but people forget.

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:41 am

the shape of the special beam cannon is the same, He does the same pose as in the anime where he puts his fingers to his head.

(Piccolo wishes for youth and is interrupted by Roshi before he can make his second wish) It ultimately fails and Piccolo pierces Roshi's heart with a Special Beam Cannon.
I - WANT - TO - SEE - THIS - FOR - REAL - !!! :shock:
Last edited by SHINOBI-03 on Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

Acid_Reign
Advanced Regular

Post by Acid_Reign » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:43 am

I never came across them until just now. But for the people who doubted the validity of your information, it’s pretty hard to ignore something like that (in before: “he made it all up based on the pictures” :P).

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:44 am

WOW those are tiny lockers. ^^;
They look more like gym lockers than the regular kind.

The lights on the bushes make me think of Twilight. ^^;;

Also, the final screenshot there, that's got to be the most UnGoku/AntiGoku-like shot of Chatwin I've seen yet. (Well, maybe its tied with the one where he's got that argyle shirt on.) Goku wearing argyle....*shakes her head in dismay*. Why not give the man a golfing hat and send him to go putt on the green?

The cars look way too expensive to belong to high school students (unless this is Ouran or something) but they are nice looking cars.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:50 am

Acid_Reign wrote:(in before: “he made it all up based on the pictures” :P).
Which is exactly what people said when he showed us the pictures in the other thread. People are very quick to be skeptical when it comes to anything related to the movie.

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:52 am

Sigh. No matter what I do...

I was the one to leak these pictures. I posted them here to prove I was legit.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:11 am

Chuquita wrote:Goku wearing argyle....*shakes her head in dismay*. Why not give the man a golfing hat and send him to go putt on the green?
Well, fashion sense never seemed like a very "Goku-ish" trait to me. :lol:
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:16 am

SSj Kaboom wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Goku wearing argyle....*shakes her head in dismay*. Why not give the man a golfing hat and send him to go putt on the green?
Well, fashion sense never seemed like a very "Goku-ish" trait to me. :lol:

Point. I've seen some outright bizarre outfits on Goku in Daizenshuu 1.
(The BRIGHT yellow suit with the red bowtie, anyone?)

Still, argyle makes me think of either golfers or senior citizens. ^^; And it seems strange to pair it with a Fonz-style leather jacket.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:24 am

Chuquita wrote:Still, argyle makes me think of either golfers or senior citizens. ^^;
Maybe it's Gohan's threads?
And it seems strange to pair it with a Fonz-style leather jacket.
THAT'S probably Goku's. Maybe he's imitating what he's seen in some "old" portrayals of high schools? XD
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:25 am

JAPPO wrote:Sigh. No matter what I do...

I was the one to leak these pictures. I posted them here to prove I was legit.
I suppose the fact that you leaked both could mean to people that you made up the script based on the pictures you had.

Don't worry about it, JAPPO. Some people will always be skeptics, once the movie comes out everyone will know the truth.

Super Ghost Kamikaze

Post by Super Ghost Kamikaze » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:29 am

Chuquita wrote:WOW those are tiny lockers. ^^;
I never had "the regular kind". My lockers were either that size or smaller in middle school, and there weren't any lockers for me in high school.

Acid_Reign
Advanced Regular

Post by Acid_Reign » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:32 am

Bussani wrote:I suppose the fact that you leaked both could mean to people that you made up the script based on the pictures you had.

Don't worry about it, JAPPO. Some people will always be skeptics, once the movie comes out everyone will know the truth.
I’m a skeptic by nature myself, but the fact is that JAPPO has consistently produced on this front. They’re just being ignorant, or not following things closely enough to realize that he has established credibility.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:41 am

Super Ghost Kamikaze wrote:
I never had "the regular kind". My lockers were either that size or smaller in middle school, and there weren't any lockers for me in high school.
Both of my schools are old though (I think my high school just celebrated its 50th or something) so they were built for a smaller student population.

No locker? That'd be difficult carrying all those books around. @_@ My books were always so ridiculously heavy.

The lockers from my middle school were as thin as those in the screenshot, only they went all the way down to the floor, and the high school ones were only a little wider than that. The high school ones also had these square compartments over the lockers that you could stick your lunch in.

I didn't know anyone who didn't have a locker (I knew some with broken lockers who had to get their number moved--hence the schools being old), but with how big the graduating classes have been getting (super-concentrated state) I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't some students who didn't have one.
Last edited by Chuquita on Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Super Ghost Kamikaze

Post by Super Ghost Kamikaze » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:47 am

Chuquita wrote:
Super Ghost Kamikaze wrote:
Both of my schools are old though (I think my high school just celebrated its 50th or something) so they were built for a smaller student population.

No locker? That'd be difficult carrying all those books around. @_@ My books were always so ridiculously heavy.

The lockers from my middle school were as thin as those in the screenshot, only they went all the way down to the floor, and the high school ones were only a little wider than that. The high school ones also had these square compartments over the lockers that you could stick your lunch in.

I didn't know anyone who didn't have a locker (I knew some with broken lockers who had to get their number moved--hence the schools being old), but with how big the graduating classes have been getting (super-concentrated state) I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't some students who didn't have one.
My high school classes were scheduled in alternating blocks of 4, so I'd alternate between two sets of 4 classes a day each day. So basically, I'd have 8 classes but only 4 classes worth of stuff to lug around each day.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:51 am

Super Ghost Kamikaze wrote:My high school classes were scheduled in alternating blocks of 4, so I'd alternate between two sets of 4 classes a day each day. So basically, I'd have 8 classes but only 4 classes worth of stuff to lug around each day.

Only 4? That sounds nice. :3
I had 7 classes each day. (9 periods total if you include lunch and study hall).

And there were only 3 minutes inbetween classes so unless they were close by, I couldn't really stop by my locker to switch out my books. @_@

*Blinks*
*Apologizes for being off-topic*. ^^;;;

*Tries to hop back on-topic*.

So! Has anyone pre-ordered the junior novel?
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!