Dragon Ball: Evolution- Speculation and Discussion

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ultimateemail5000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ultimateemail5000 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:48 am

omegacwa wrote:
ultimateemail5000 wrote:This thread looks like it's dying, so I thought I could revive it. I gotta admit, the movie isn't great but the one thing that stuck out more than anything was Goku's gi, dogi, whatever the fuck you want to call it.

I already posted a link to the movie version costume I found online, but searching eBay I found one that is waaaay better than the one at a other site.

Being the fan nerd I am, I just couldn't help myself and gave in. I had to buy it. I don't have it yet it's still being made, but this is the link that shows all the details of the costume.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... TQ:US:1123

One day I'll put it on a display or something in a room full of collectibles. I also plan on getting very trashed this year at a halloween party wearing that. Drunk Goku all the way.
Can anyone tell me what the name of the undershirt used in this costume is?
The blue one with the stand up collar. I have been looking for a shirt like this but have no idea what it's called.
Not sure if this helps, but if you type in kung fu shirt on ebay you can get something like this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/9208-3-New-mens-100 ... 7C294%3A50

It's not exactly like it, but it's close.

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:52 am

Looks like Hong Kong is getting the bluray edition of DBE first on the beginning of July, courtesy of FOX and their local distributor DELTAMAC. And yes, it's coming to Hong Kong before Japan.

(HK always get their stuff early so this comes as no surprise to me.)
The world is your's.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:05 am

Daizex's homepage says we just went from "Yes" to a sequel back over to "Maybe". Things are up in the air once more.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

mrkaizoku
Beyond Newbie

Post by mrkaizoku » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:55 pm

After the abysmal first movie FOX really shouldn't get another shot. I'm not worried though, it's not like they would do it anyway after the first movie was such a failure.

I'm still kind of shocked that they turned something as fun and interesting as Dragonball into that lame mishmash of current super hero/fantasy movies. I know I'm very late to the party on this, but after I saw the movie I just kind of gave up for a while. I think it's been somewhere near a month since I saw the movie, and I am still in a state of shock. I thought I was prepared for how bad it was going to be. I WAS WRONG.
母しゃべる「ドッグチーズ」

ultimateemail5000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ultimateemail5000 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:28 am

After really thinking about it. This movie really is the Super Mario Bros movie us Mario fans recieved back in 93. Although the SMB movie was a lot more based on the original video games, almost to an udmost extent. So as much as DBE was lame, I bet there was some little kids out there, maybe 10 or over, maybe even 7 or 9 that saw DBE and just felt the same way as those who liked the SMB movie, example THIS MOVIE COULD HAVE BEEN WAY BETTER(15 or so years down the line) MAN THE WAY IT ENDED WITH A CLIFFHANGER, WHERE THE FUCK IS A SEQUEL?!!?!?!

Super Ghost Kamikaze
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Ghost Kamikaze » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:29 am

mrkaizoku wrote:After the abysmal first movie FOX really shouldn't get another shot. I'm not worried though, it's not like they would do it anyway after the first movie was such a failure.
Why "worry" even if it is made? Who cares? Hollywood churns out bad movies by the dozen. If they make one more, I don't see how we're really affected.

Tenshinhan-san
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tenshinhan-san » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:33 am

The more movies of this 'franchise' get made, the longer it will take - if ever - for someone to reboot the series in the future...

Olivier Hague
I Live Here

Post by Olivier Hague » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:49 pm

Super Ghost Kamikaze wrote:Why "worry" even if it is made? Who cares? Hollywood churns out bad movies by the dozen. If they make one more, I don't see how we're really affected.
YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM!!1!

Seriously though, these are Dragon Ball boards, so it's not exactly surprising we'd talk about this particular adaptation...