What was the last episode you saw?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KillerCory
Beyond Newbie

What was the last episode you saw?

Post by KillerCory » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:22 pm

The last episode I saw was 084

めざせ武道天下一!!
Mezase Budou Tenkaichi!!
Aim to Be the World's Greatest Martial Artist!!

This is the first time I'm watching Dragonball in Japanese and I must say I am enjoying it a lot. I was just tired of the dub so I made the switch. I started doing this over a year ago and I have been watching one episode every three days.

I must say that the 3 year filler episodes I just finished were pretty good. Most of the DB filler (other than some that involves a volcano) is pretty good. Not to much of a fan of the DBZ filler.

I'll be watching another episode tonight and look forward to watching the 22nd Tenkaichi Budokai in Japanese.

Okay time to get back to work...
Goku: "Look Vegeta! People popcorn!"
Vegeta: "What is he on?"

Snail
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Snail » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:50 pm

Fun thread!

Dragonball Episode 34: "Hijou no Reddo Ribon"; The Heartless Red Ribbon

Currently going through the entire Dragonball series (again). I absolutely cannot wait to reach the 23rd Budokai Tenkaichi arc (never-before-seen).

Bejiita
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bejiita » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:35 pm

The last episode I saw was the 70th DB episode (Attack! We 5 Fighters).

I don't usually reply to these threads to be honest but it's only because I too am watching DB too and am only about 15 episodes behind. The only difference is that I haven't seen the dub version to it before, I think you might have by your post. I don't really like watching any dub material really, but saying that the DB isn't really that bad, I saw a few scenes of the dub after watching the original and the dialogue is usually spot on, except for the rude scenes.
My DB Fan manga:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19169 [The new version]
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1942]Chapter 1
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2685]Chapter 2
Photo's I've taken of the nearby neighbourhoods where I live in South London: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8306850@N08/

Snail

Post by Snail » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:50 pm

Actually, I've never seen an entire dubbed episode of Dragonball in full, only snippets of it here and there. As a result, this would be my first time viewing the first 16 episodes of Dragonball, and my second run going through the rest of the series up until the 23rd Budokai Tenkaichi arc.

Anywho, on with episode 35! Hurray for Muscle Tower goodness.

jda95
Advanced Regular

Post by jda95 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:01 pm

I've been rewatching DB in the past few months, and now I am up to DBZ episode 75, the first episode of the Freeza saga.

Nanatsu no Tama wo Soroeshi Mono yo... Sa Aikotoba wo Ie

Snail

Post by Snail » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:46 pm

Dragonball Episode 36 - "Massuru Tawaa no Kyoufu", The Terror of Muscle Tower

Amusing tid bit:

:o

Tweaker
Regular

Post by Tweaker » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:01 pm

Dragon Ball Episode 11 - "At Last The Dragon Appears!"

Incidentally, I haven't actually watched an episode in months, but this is the last one I did watch when I was on a binge. This particular time I was giving viewing the series in Japanese a try, which is, as expected, far more satisfying than watching the dub (and significantly more blunt, too!).

Freeza Heika
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Freeza Heika » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:25 pm

The last episode I watched was:

DBZ 222
なめるな!!ベジータ怒りの初戦突破
Nameru na!! Bejīta Ikari no Hassen Toppa
Vegeta's first Attack is filled with Anger

Not a particularly eventful episode; it just happens to be where I stopped in my current effort to watch the anime in Japanese for the first time.
My Super Awesome GT Origins Idea
"さあ、お前の罪を数えろ!"
"SuperSaiyan3Goku, give me all your breasts."

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:37 pm

Episode 229 - The Fated Battle! Son Goku VS. Majin Vegeta.... Dubbed. A couple days ago on YouTube.

Lots of standing around and staring in the arena. But at least it's the build-up to one of the best fights in the series.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:47 pm

Dragon Ball GT 05 - "Strong Guy Located!! Redjic, the Bodyguard"

SSJ Helldog
Regular

Post by SSJ Helldog » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:49 pm

Puto wrote:Dragon Ball GT 05 - "Strong Guy Located!! Redjic, the Bodyguard"
Same here, strangely enough.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:49 pm

For me it was the last episode of the DBZ season 4 boxset. Haven't been too into watching the show lately, been too busy with a couple of Dragonball projects I've got going.

PrincessVegeta
Banned

Post by PrincessVegeta » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:39 pm

Snail wrote:Actually, I've never seen an entire dubbed episode of Dragonball in full, only snippets of it here and there. As a result, this would be my first time viewing the first 16 episodes of Dragonball, and my second run going through the rest of the series up until the 23rd Budokai Tenkaichi arc.

Judging from what you said and the part I have highlighted in bold, it seems that you don't support the dub releaces and get your subbed Dragonball episodes illigally which is wrong since supporting the official Dragonball DVD releases is what you should be doing for the great subtitle job done by Funimation.
The Ultimate Funimation Fangirl.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:50 pm

PrincessVegeta wrote:
Snail wrote:Actually, I've never seen an entire dubbed episode of Dragonball in full, only snippets of it here and there. As a result, this would be my first time viewing the first 16 episodes of Dragonball, and my second run going through the rest of the series up until the 23rd Budokai Tenkaichi arc.

Judging from what you said and the part I have highlighted in bold, it seems that you don't support the dub releaces and get your subbed Dragonball episodes illigally which is wrong since supporting the official Dragonball DVD releases is what you should be doing for the great subtitle job done by Funimation.
Mike, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE ban him already.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:58 pm

PrincessVegeta wrote:

I'm sorry, but I just can't get past the irony of this post, since when I Googled your current username, I found that you like to upload subbed *licensed* anime on a site that I'm not going to link to, and you have posted full episodes from your *bootlegged* Dragon Boxes on YouTube several times.

And I don't think it is at all fair to blatantly judge someone like that.

Sorry Mike, if this falls into the "personal attacks" category that you asked us to refrain from not too long ago. Just had to, just once.
Last edited by SSj_Rambo on Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:58 pm

jjgp1112 wrote:
PrincessVegeta wrote:

Mike, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE ban him already.
Mike is obviously fooled by his clever disguise and awesome wit. :lol:
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:07 pm

PrincessVegeta wrote:

Man you're an idiot.

I NEVER watch the dub not for 4 years at least, and I buy legitimate DVDs only, other than you, Mr. Fake Dragon Box.

Last episode I saw was DBZ 35, though I've gone back into watching Robotech for now.

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:36 pm

I just watched the Episode where Goku goes Super Saiyan 3. I skipped to it just to check it out.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:36 pm

PrincessVegeta, I'd appreciate it if you would stop spamming PM's to me trying to get me to become a regular member of your forum as well as mentioning that even if I didn't, that you would just copy and paste my posts here to your forum.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:41 pm

jjgp1112 wrote:PrincessVegeta, I'd appreciate it if you would stop spamming PM's to me trying to get me to become a regular member of your forum as well as mentioning that even if I didn't, that you would just copy and paste my posts here to your forum.
To be fair even if he did add your posts to his desolate forum would it really matter? Sort of like if a tree falls in a forest and nobody is around to hear it does it still make a sound? :lol:
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight