Dragonball mistakes

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Goku Jr
Banned

Dragonball mistakes

Post by Goku Jr » Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:34 pm

Has anyone seem to catch any mistakes in the whole dragonball series?I have... for example in the android series u can clearly watch Piccolo cut off Dr. Gero's hand but in one scene in his laboratory his hand seems to be inplace again!

Meri
The Wife

Post by Meri » Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:37 pm

Animation blooper: pre-mature bald Trunks:

http://www.templeotrunks.com/images/scr ... _scrn5.jpg

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:44 pm

Lots of animated shows unfortunately have made bloopers besides Dragon Ball Z? Anyone remember how on the old TMNT there would be times when some turtles' voices would come out of the wrong bodies?

Mugenmidget
Regular

Post by Mugenmidget » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:08 pm

Super Sonic wrote:Lots of animated shows unfortunately have made bloopers besides Dragon Ball Z? Anyone remember how on the old TMNT there would be times when some turtles' voices would come out of the wrong bodies?
And the bandana colors would switch for no reason.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:18 pm

I think the show that had the most animation mistakes where from the Super Mario Bros. cartoons especially the Super Show.

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:35 pm

Mugenmidget wrote:
Super Sonic wrote:Lots of animated shows unfortunately have made bloopers besides Dragon Ball Z? Anyone remember how on the old TMNT there would be times when some turtles' voices would come out of the wrong bodies?
And the bandana colors would switch for no reason.
Exactly what I was talking about.

Goku Jr
Banned

Post by Goku Jr » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:18 pm

LOL yes i do recall watching the old school TMNT with the bandana swithing :lol:

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:19 pm

There seems to be a lot of talk of TMNT on this board recently... XD
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:41 pm

Umm...in the fight between Tenshinhan and Taiopaipai (after he became a cyborg), Taiopaipai launched the Super Dodonpa with one hand and in the next panel, it was coming out of the other. That, and all the other inconsistencies and plot holes.
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:00 am

The big one I remember is during the Freeza saga when Goku recovers and arrives, and is about to fight Freeza after Vegita's killed. Piccolo tells everyone to move out of the way. Kuririn takes off, but Gohan hesitates. Kuririn calls back down to him from far off to come. In the shot, Kuririn is dressed in his gi, when he should still have on his Saiyajin armor.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Sunlight & City Night
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sunlight & City Night » Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:03 am

When Frieza transforms into his 2nd form there is a quick shot of Vegeta in his saiyan armour that he wore on earth. Then it switches back to his new armour.
"HEAD CHA LA!"
------------------------
DBO - Pauten - Server 1
------------------------
http://sonpauten.deviantart.com/
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=539041065
http://twitter.com/#!/sonPauten

Fuujin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Fuujin » Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 am

I checked my manga, and I couldn't seem to find the shots Jerseymilk and Sunlight were talking about. At least when Kuririn tells Gohan to fly back, yo ucan clearly see he still has Saiyan armor.
It's party time, Ginyu style!

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:58 pm

You can blame Toei for those mistakes. They were anime only.

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:14 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:I think the show that had the most animation mistakes where from the Super Mario Bros. cartoons especially the Super Show.
YeaH! Loads of senseless color switching! Like Luigi wearing Mario's colors for two frames! :lol:

Frobman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Frobman » Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:27 pm

There's also dub mistakes. Bulma says that she knew Goku when he was 5, but we all know that he was 11! And other stuff I think are mentioned somewhere in the Daizex site.
Fry: Wow. The jungles on Mars look like the jungles on Earth.
Prof. Farnsworth: Jungles? On Earth? ([i]laughs[/i])

Futurama

visit [url]http://uk.geocities.com/amrks@btinternet.com[/url]

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:34 pm

In a funny way, there were mistakes in the dub of DBZ, that the dub of DB corrected.

Izlude
Regular

Post by Izlude » Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:46 pm

Meri wrote:Animation blooper: pre-mature bald Trunks:

http://www.templeotrunks.com/images/scr ... _scrn5.jpg
I KNEW it was a wig!

My most favorite mistake? Hmmmm...I'd have to say Bardock being a scientist!

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:19 pm

Izlude wrote:My most favorite mistake? Hmmmm...I'd have to say Bardock being a scientist!
Really? That one makes me want to curse and flail my arms wildly. Just a difference of opinion, I guess. Something about them throwing logic in the trash and making up character information just because it was convenient rubs me the wrong way. :P

Seriously though, there were two thoughts for FUNimation. Either they didn't originally intend to stick with DBZ long enough for Bardock to be introduced, as if they would drop it when it got boring, or they didn't even know and respect the series they were dubbing, didn't even know that he would eventually make an appearance. Either way, it's a problem.

Izlude
Regular

Post by Izlude » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:44 pm

Well I think it was pretty obvious in the early days of DBZ nobody took it seriously enough to expect it to get so huge...but boy...werent they all wrong :lol:

Now they must un-do it all! :P

Although ya would think with digital paint, they could correct the few outfit errors.

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:43 am

I don't know if this counts as a mistake or inconsistency or whatnot...but in early Dragon Ball, like around the time Pilaf imprisoned the group, Son Goku's gi is colored orange. Then later in the same colored portion his gi is colored black, indicating that it's blue (which I believe it is). Also, there are several instances where a character is beaten and bruised, then without showing some sort of revival or healing, they appear perfectly normal like in the next issue...or even the next page.
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.