How did you decide/get your avatar?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Wezenheim
Advanced Regular

Re: How did you decide/get your avatar?

Post by Wezenheim » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:23 am

I always really liked this particular cover of the manga, so I went with it. Roshi looks freaking awesome here.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:03 pm

It's Kakarotto.
(On a side note if anybody is looking for some great avatars check out page 47 of the "Avatars galore, DragonBall and more!" topic. Kunzait_83 made some great gifs.)
EDIT: that wasn't even a full day :?
EDIT 2 : Holy shit I made my own avatar :D
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:17 am

Cuz it's Michael Fucking Cera.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:45 pm

It's that time of year again!
Santa Gogeta!
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:40 am

So when I found this (which is apparently a t-shirt, that I MUST HAVE), I knew it was prime avatar material. I mean, I love Kuririn. I love TMNT. What's not to love? That said though, just having the red mask seemed like a bit of a shame, so I wanted it in all four colors. Much obliged to SSJ God Gogeta for helping me out with that via the avatar thread!

This is my first time using that SignAvatar site though, so hopefully I've successfully managed to make one that will rotate through all four of the Turtles colors.

Edit: Hmm...not entirely sure it's working, all I keep seeing is the purple variant. Could be just something with my browser maybe, and I do know that with only four pictures it's not like it's going to rotate nearly as often as one with a buttload of images to choose from probably, but still.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

DoomieDoomie911
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DoomieDoomie911 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:16 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Edit: Hmm...not entirely sure it's working, all I keep seeing is the purple variant. Could be just something with my browser maybe, and I do know that with only four pictures it's not like it's going to rotate nearly as often as one with a buttload of images to choose from probably, but still.
I didn't think that was the case... When I used this site I only had a few avatars and it rotated nearly every time. Perhaps you're doing something wrong...?
Cipher wrote:Dragon Ball is the story of a kind-hearted, excitable child who uses the power of friendship to improve those around him as he grows into a dangerous obsessive who sometimes accidentally saves the world.
She/her (I have a Twitter account now.)

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:39 pm

Maybe? As far as I could tell I did it right though. I uploaded the four different avatars into it, and then took the URL it gave me above all four of them rather than the individual ones, and used that to put in my avatar section here. The only thing that I can think of is that the default link gave me a .gif file, but the forum wouldn't take that for some reason so I had to change it to the .jpg one that the SignAvatar site said would still work. I am confused.
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

DoomieDoomie911
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DoomieDoomie911 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:19 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Maybe? As far as I could tell I did it right though. I uploaded the four different avatars into it, and then took the URL it gave me above all four of them rather than the individual ones, and used that to put in my avatar section here. The only thing that I can think of is that the default link gave me a .gif file, but the forum wouldn't take that for some reason so I had to change it to the .jpg one that the SignAvatar site said would still work. I am confused.
So you did try .jpg and .png? I tried it again and it's still working for me. Strange...
Cipher wrote:Dragon Ball is the story of a kind-hearted, excitable child who uses the power of friendship to improve those around him as he grows into a dangerous obsessive who sometimes accidentally saves the world.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:47 pm

I tried copying the URL of your avatar, and it's not the signavatar URL, it's just one pic: http://s16.postimg.org/d2rsrwco1/vfdgfv ... 0_f_u1.jpg

It should be like mine: http://signavatar.com/41994_s.png (every time you click on that link, it'll redirect to a different pic)
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:22 pm

Weird, I keep trying to switch it to the .png version and getting this message from the forum here. 'Image file type mismatch: expected extension jpg but extension png given.' It's doing the same thing with the .gif version.

Here's a screenshot of what I'm seeing on SignAvatar, circling what URL I'm trying to use.

Twitter

DoomieDoomie911
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DoomieDoomie911 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:34 pm

Yeah, you have to keep trying the .jpg and .png versions. When I tested it out earlier I kept getting that error message, so I just kept trying both of them (whichever one it was saying it wanted; it alternates between .jpg and .png) and it eventually accepted one.

It didn't do that when I used it several months ago, though, so I don't really know what's causing it now.
Last edited by DoomieDoomie911 on Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:41 pm

Huh. Wonder if it's something to do with the forum here rather than the SignAvatar site then?

Thanks for the help guys, I'm at least glad to know I'm not completely inept and wasn't getting the wrong URL or anything. I'll keep at it.

Edit: SUCCESS! Seems to have taken the .jpeg one now, and I'm now seeing more than just the purple one pop up. Woohoo!
Twitter

DoomieDoomie911
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DoomieDoomie911 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:45 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Edit: SUCCESS! Seems to have taken the .jpeg one now, and I'm now seeing more than just the purple one pop up. Woohoo!
Great! :thumbup:

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:53 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:So when I found this (which is apparently a t-shirt, that I MUST HAVE), I knew it was prime avatar material. I mean, I love Kuririn. I love TMNT. What's not to love? That said though, just having the red mask seemed like a bit of a shame, so I wanted it in all four colors. Much obliged to SSJ God Gogeta for helping me out with that via the avatar thread!

This is my first time using that SignAvatar site though, so hopefully I've successfully managed to make one that will rotate through all four of the Turtles colors.

Edit: Hmm...not entirely sure it's working, all I keep seeing is the purple variant. Could be just something with my browser maybe, and I do know that with only four pictures it's not like it's going to rotate nearly as often as one with a buttload of images to choose from probably, but still.
Since me and you have the same avatar (expect mine's orange) do you want me change to it or are you cool with it ?
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:00 pm

soppa saia people wrote:Since me and you have the same avatar (expect mine's orange) do you want me change to it or are you cool with it ?
Nah, no worries from my end at least. I just found theh picture, it wasn't mine to begin with or anything. :thumbup:
Twitter

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:24 am

The cult of personailty.
(Did he leave the wwe ? If so the chances of me watching is now a 1 out of 100

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:50 pm

soppa saia people wrote:The cult of personailty.
Punk's been gone for almost two years at this point, and it seems highly unlikely he'll ever go back. He's currently writing comic books and training for a UFC debut.
-Rachel

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:30 am

TripleRach wrote:
soppa saia people wrote:The cult of personailty.
Punk's been gone for almost two years at this point, and it seems highly unlikely he'll ever go back. He's currently writing comic books and training for a UFC debut.
Tis a shame. Him Kane Orton and D-Bry were my favorites.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:49 am

Because ssjg Gokû's my favorite magical girl. :3

It's fanart by Hukuro927, one of the fan-artists I follow who recently returned from a hiatus.

Also it's been a while since I updated my avatar; previous one was from episode 18 of Super back when it first aired (so almost 7 weeks ago).
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:13 pm

I decided it because Vegetto is funny.