Has Kanzenshuu ever faced copyright issues?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10592
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:19 pm
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Contact:

Has Kanzenshuu ever faced copyright issues?

Postby TheGmGoken » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:09 pm

This can go for when the website was separate as Daizenshuu EX and Kanzentai. Seeing as some videos get taken down for copyright on Youtube and other websites. I'm been thinking. Have Kanzenshuu(seeing we've posted links, pictures, and audio) ever faced legal troubles?
I DO NOT HAVE A TWITTER
Son Goten

User avatar
VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator
Posts: 16060
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:10 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Has Kanzenshuu ever faced copyright issues?

Postby VegettoEX » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:13 pm

Long story short that no-one needs to know the details about, yes. All of the companies on all sides of every ocean are well aware of what we are and what we do, and only in certain circumstances have letters started flying.

Nothing I've had to hire a lawyer over, though. Thankfully.

But there have been repercussions, and it's really sad that it had to come to that.

Mostly it's a "we love what you do" kind of thing, but yeah, there were a couple things. One was a hysterical misunderstanding where the Japanese branch of a company didn't realize what the North American branch of a company put out for press to talk about. Maybe I'll tell that story one day.
:: [| Michael "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| VegettoEX.com |] ::

User avatar
TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10592
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:19 pm
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Contact:

Re: Has Kanzenshuu ever faced copyright issues?

Postby TheGmGoken » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:16 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Long story short that no-one needs to know the details about, yes. All of the companies on all sides of every ocean are well aware of what we are and what we do, and only in certain circumstances have letters started flying.

Nothing I've had to hire a lawyer over, though. Thankfully.

But there have been repercussions, and it's really sad that it had to come to that.

Mostly it's a "we love what you do" kind of thing, but yeah, there were a couple things. One was a hysterical misunderstanding where the Japanese branch of a company didn't realize what the North American branch of a company put out for press to talk about. Maybe I'll tell that story one day.


Sounds interesting. Would love to hear the story one day
I DO NOT HAVE A TWITTER
Son Goten

User avatar
Tyro
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1643
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 12:04 pm
Location: Columbia, SC
Contact:

Re: Has Kanzenshuu ever faced copyright issues?

Postby Tyro » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:46 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Long story short that no-one needs to know the details about, yes. All of the companies on all sides of every ocean are well aware of what we are and what we do, and only in certain circumstances have letters started flying.

Nothing I've had to hire a lawyer over, though. Thankfully.

But there have been repercussions, and it's really sad that it had to come to that.

Mostly it's a "we love what you do" kind of thing, but yeah, there were a couple things. One was a hysterical misunderstanding where the Japanese branch of a company didn't realize what the North American branch of a company put out for press to talk about. Maybe I'll tell that story one day.


Put it in a podcast.

User avatar
Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator
Posts: 2468
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:28 pm
Location: Nebraska
Contact:

Re: Has Kanzenshuu ever faced copyright issues?

Postby Hujio » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:24 pm

Tyro wrote:Put it in a podcast.

I don't know, we usually try to keep most of that stuff in-house. Some of it we can't go into great detail about, but if you want vague stories, that may be possible.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

User avatar
TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10592
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:19 pm
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Contact:

Re: Has Kanzenshuu ever faced copyright issues?

Postby TheGmGoken » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:27 pm

Hujio wrote:
Tyro wrote:Put it in a podcast.

I don't know, we usually try to keep most of that stuff in-house. Some of it we can't go into great detail about, but if you want vague stories, that may be possible.


I honestly don't need a WHOLE study. But I'l take a brief overview. A summary perhaps
I DO NOT HAVE A TWITTER
Son Goten

User avatar
DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here
Posts: 2830
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:01 pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: Has Kanzenshuu ever faced copyright issues?

Postby DragonBoxZTheMovies » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:45 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Long story short that no-one needs to know the details about, yes. All of the companies on all sides of every ocean are well aware of what we are and what we do, and only in certain circumstances have letters started flying.

Nothing I've had to hire a lawyer over, though. Thankfully.

But there have been repercussions, and it's really sad that it had to come to that.

Mostly it's a "we love what you do" kind of thing, but yeah, there were a couple things. One was a hysterical misunderstanding where the Japanese branch of a company didn't realize what the North American branch of a company put out for press to talk about. Maybe I'll tell that story one day.

Ooh, very interesting. In a way, it's kinda cool that these companies know Kanzenshuu exists. Definitely heard of the bottom story, but I'm sure there was an issue involving the Kami-Sama Explorer Museum once and I have a hunch there was also something involving Wasted Wisher at some point.

User avatar
VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator
Posts: 16060
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:10 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Has Kanzenshuu ever faced copyright issues?

Postby VegettoEX » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:49 pm

I don't even know what that Explorer Museum thing is to confirm or deny anything about it.
:: [| Michael "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| VegettoEX.com |] ::

User avatar
DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here
Posts: 2830
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:01 pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: Has Kanzenshuu ever faced copyright issues?

Postby DragonBoxZTheMovies » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:12 pm

VegettoEX wrote:I don't even know what that Explorer Museum thing is to confirm or deny anything about it.

Dug up from the depths of my inbox...that makes me sound popular. :lol:

I won't say who PM'd me this, but it was forwarded by one user from another user to me:

Mike got in trouble when he reported the character model sheets of Dragon Ball Heroes that were leaked by Wasted Wisher, a member on this forum who belongs to Toei Animation Philippines. I too posted the images on my blog, and I got warned by an anonymous person who probably belongs to Toei Animation. He said Toei was planning to sue everyone posted the leaked images, so I immediately removed the article. Then a while later, Mike removed everything related to it from Daizex. I think Mike also got warned by him, or possibly Toei Animation themselves.

The link Tanooki posted has the character model sheets of 2008 special which were leaked by WastedWisher.

User avatar
Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5150
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:21 pm
Location: Munciana
Contact:

Re: Has Kanzenshuu ever faced copyright issues?

Postby Big Momma » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:10 am

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:I don't even know what that Explorer Museum thing is to confirm or deny anything about it.

Dug up from the depths of my inbox...that makes me sound popular. :lol:

I won't say who PM'd me this, but it was forwarded by one user from another user to me:

Mike got in trouble when he reported the character model sheets of Dragon Ball Heroes that were leaked by Wasted Wisher, a member on this forum who belongs to Toei Animation Philippines. I too posted the images on my blog, and I got warned by an anonymous person who probably belongs to Toei Animation. He said Toei was planning to sue everyone posted the leaked images, so I immediately removed the article. Then a while later, Mike removed everything related to it from Daizex. I think Mike also got warned by him, or possibly Toei Animation themselves.

The link Tanooki posted has the character model sheets of 2008 special which were leaked by WastedWisher.


That's cool and all but I think EX was purposely trying to avoid a specific instance being posted. :P
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote:I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.

Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.

Youtube | Art/Animation Blog
Want to join the (Un)Official Kanzenshuu Discord Server?~Click Here~


Return to “Website & Community Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest