"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:36 pm

It looks incredible. TAKE MY FUCKING MONEY. I AIN'T WAITING TILL 2018. :cry:

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:48 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:
Yuli Ban wrote:That Dark Age of DB games between 2009 and 2015 was degenerate trash.
How is 2002 - 2008 any better? The Budokai games have aged like milk while Super DBZ and the third Sparking game are still fun games.
I don't know if I got your point here: you're saying that games released on 2002-2008 were all bad but BT3 and SDBZ are not? For realsies?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:50 pm

Noah wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:
Yuli Ban wrote:That Dark Age of DB games between 2009 and 2015 was degenerate trash.
How is 2002 - 2008 any better? The Budokai games have aged like milk while Super DBZ and the third Sparking game are still fun games.
I don't know if I got your point here: you're saying that games released on 2002-2008 were all bad but BT3 and SDBZ are not? For realsies?
Most of the console DBZ games around that time period did suck in my opinion. The second Sparking game was a big improvement, but it could have been better. BT3 and Super DBZ are the best DBZ games on the PS2 while everything sucked or are okay at best.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:13 pm

Noah wrote:I'm the only one who remembered that Hyper Dragon Ball Z fan-made MUGEN game? :D
Nope I was really getting those vibes mixed in with marvel vs capcom 3. I love Xenoverse's graphics but this is a whole new level on those as well.

It also reminds me a bit of that Treevax Raging Blast 3 project, he will be happy with these graphics I think this is exactly like what all his designs were like.

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:36 pm

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:It looks incredible. TAKE MY FUCKING MONEY. I AIN'T WAITING TILL 2018. :cry:
Well be glad that we are getting a (closed) beta this summer. I hope I don't overheat my XB1S

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

TL18
Beyond Newbie

Post by TL18 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:06 am

So fighting Youtuber, Maximilian Dios has shown some major interest in this game especially after playing Hyper DBZ. This video basically talks about what kind of gameplay we'll expect as will as some hidden stuff. Now note though, Max isn't a huge DB fan as he's just now getting back into the series. Soo don't expect him to know all about the movesets. (Ex. He calls Frieza's 'Death Ball' a huge fire ball)
But regardless, this is a neat video I think people should check out.

If this game is drawing in people who don't really like or know of the series then that's a good sign https://youtu.be/tuMfjleT4KU

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:08 am

It's nice to have a more traditional Dragon Ball fighting game again. I can't say I'm very fond of the title though. Do we really need to spell "fighters" with a z?

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:54 am

I've been wanting them to make a DB game like this for years, heck decades even. I just really hope it actually has some competitive aspirations so it ends up being a technical fighter (though easy to get into) and good balance. I would also really like for it to be cross platform for online play (not likely) and have really good netcode. I've always been interested in fighting games but never enough to go out and find a scene and none of my friends were that big into them. So I've tried playing online in games like Street Fighter, but dear kami lag in fighting games is so infuriating I'm about to just give up.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:05 am

Yeeessss!!! I am huge fan of Guilty Gear for years and the current gen Xrd is absolutely gorgeous and it's a damn good and solid fighting game with great reputation among casual and demanding fighting genre players.
So I have high hopes for this one, but since it a franchise game, I am a bit cautious and will wait for actual reviews and such, so no preorder. Burned myself with Xenoverse 2, which I play only for a current gen Dragon Ball fix, but I don't like the Xenoverse at all.

But so far, it looks pretty good and if it plays like Guilty Gear, I am on!
TL18 wrote:So fighting Youtuber, Maximilian Dios has shown some major interest in this game especially after playing Hyper DBZ. This video basically talks about what kind of gameplay we'll expect as will as some hidden stuff. Now note though, Max isn't a huge DB fan as he's just now getting back into the series. Soo don't expect him to know all about the movesets. (Ex. He calls Frieza's 'Death Ball' a huge fire ball)
But regardless, this is a neat video I think people should check out.

If this game is drawing in people who don't really like or know of the series then that's a good sign https://youtu.be/tuMfjleT4KU
Yup, he admired Guilty Gear Xrd a lot, so no wonder :)
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:30 am

This game looks absolutely friggin' gorgeous! I mean good god:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
This LITERALLY shits all over the god-awful CG model animation from Battle of Gods and Resurrection 'F' and this is a fucking video game.

Everyone at Arc System Works should be proud of themselves. This is amazing. Hopefully I get to play the closed beta because I need to experience this hands-on ASAP.
Last edited by Super Saiyan Swagger on Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kaio_Krazy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kaio_Krazy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:31 am

Hot damn do I want this in my life!...but no Switch version, I'm sad now. :(

AndyAvenue91

Post by AndyAvenue91 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:15 am

Not going to lie, I absolutely wet myself with excitement when I saw this on the E3 stream last night. This looks phenomenal and the animation is superb!

It looked a bit hectic in the 3v3 part but otherwise I am sold. I was never a big fan of the 3D battle style of Xenoverse/Budokai Tenkaichi so I am quite happy its returning to 2.5D. Really looking forward to seeing more of this over the year.
Xbox GT: Andy Avenue
IG: andyavenue91

Hit!!
Regular

Post by Hit!! » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:43 am

The game looks absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

But i have 1 problem with the trailers and the gameplay images i've seen and it's the lack of SSG and SSBlue, which is a bit worrying. I hope i'm wrong, but it looks like we will not be getting DBS characters. Only Golden Freeza, which is actually a DBZ character due to ROF being a DBZ movie.

A good ol' classic Raditz to Buu Dragon Ball game.

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:47 am

https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/statu ... 6064228352
Tekken producer and director Katsuhiro Harada has said he'll support Dragon Ball FighterZ. This game is already getting massive buzz in the fighting game genre. This is amazing.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:56 am

Hopefully we should get actual full on gameplay this week. I want to know the total amount of characters. This game is going to huge if it is done right.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:22 am

NintendoBlaze53 wrote:https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/statu ... 6064228352
Tekken producer and director Katsuhiro Harada has said he'll support Dragon Ball FighterZ. This game is already getting massive buzz in the fighting game genre. This is amazing.
The fact that Harada said that just makes me so happy. Tekken's my favourite fighting game series. I'm loving Tekken 7 so far.

Trickster
Beyond Newbie

Post by Trickster » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:03 am

I really hope the jogability be like Narutimate Accel 2, my favorite battle game. I don't like very much the Street Fighters' style, where combos(is that right in english?) are kind of short. The trailer was awesome, but they HAVE TO put a number of characters similar to BT3, including DB/Z/GT/Super/Movies, not only the main ones.
Sorry for bad english. I'm not fluent in your language, so, if you want to correct some mistake of mine, please do it. I'll be grateful

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:10 am

They absolutely, 100% guaranteed won't have anything like BT3's roster. The two are night and day, it's just not how these games work.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Kaito Wu

Post by Kaito Wu » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:13 am

Yo, Trickster. The combat in this will be like Guilty Gear XRD Revelator, have a look at that on Youtube. Also the roster will most likely be a smaller one, maybe 25-35 characters or so because the people making this game put a lot of time into each character to make them play differently. :)

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:23 am

Holy crap, this looks amazing.
I'mma getting this one, no doubt :D
The only visual "slip" I've seen is Goku's gi symbol that swaps sides sometimes (but the Kanji itself isn't mirrored like it used to happen in the old sprite games, so it's not so bad but still strange).
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball