"How good is (insert character here) in a DBZ Fighter" Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZAOTA482
Banned

"How good is (insert character here) in a DBZ Fighter" Thread

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:13 pm

Instead of needlessly creating various thread about how good an individual character was in XV... I've decided to make a general thread for any character across the whole any DBZ fighting game series.

Any user can ask for how good a character is in XV and another user may answer the question. Please be specific while answering on how good the character is.
Last edited by DBZAOTA482 on Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Re: "How good is (insert character here) in Xenoverse" Thread

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:24 pm

Why not make this thread "How good is X character in Y game?" so people can ask about any game rather than solely Xenoverse? :P
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "How good is (insert character here) in Video Games Thread

Post by simtek34 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:33 pm

How's the new title I made?

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Re: "How good is (insert character here) in Video Games Thread

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:12 pm

simtek34 wrote:How's the new title I made?
I changed it to DBZ Fighter. Better?
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Re: "How good is (insert character here) in a DBZ Fighter" Thread

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:27 pm

Thanks! In which case...

How good is Chi-Chi in Budokai Tenkaichi 3?
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:33 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:Thanks! In which case...

If she had more health and could fly she wouldnt be bad. Most DB characters suffer the same fate of "2 health bars, no flying." Though its easily fixed with a custom, but still

Kokos

Post by Kokos » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:55 am

Anime Kitten wrote:Thanks! In which case...

Not the worst character, but I wouldn't pick her at all, unless for recreating fights that happened in the series.

Stats: A bit on the low side, combined with only three health bars this can become a problem in terms of defence.
B1s: Could be better. She has 5 blast stocks which is great. Maiden's Will is a standard B1 for going Max Power, which is a great move. Doesn't have that protective barrier that Full Power has though and it has a normal 3 blast stocks unlike the Ginyu Force poses. Great to have, but not a boon ultimately. Maiden's Excitement is a stackable move that increases ki charging. If you can manage to pull off three of those, you can basically stay in Max Power mode at the cost of no B2s and UB. Interesting strategy, but it's too costly to use effectively with two blast stocks. By the time you can pull this off, the battle is probably almost over. On top of that, she isn't particularly much more dangerous in Max Power mode. Her offensive options without the UB are basically the same. Maybe it's cool if you are really good at not getting hit and you're doing team battles. If you're interested in this strategy though, Ginyu does it better.
B2s: 'Stay away from me' is ok, the attack is quite fast but that's about it. 'That won't work' is only 2 ki bars, but is a generic eye beam attack, which is a bit on the slow side since the attack starts just next to the opponent, which gives him/her a little bit of time to guard or maybe even move away. Unremarkable overall.
UB: Nothing special.
Melee and offensive options: Quite nice combo setup, although the heavy finish is maybe a tiny bit slow. Since she can't fly, it gives her an extra option for evasion (When in the air and in the step-in barrier, press L2 and immediately dash away quickly. If you do it quick enough, you can even counterattack with a B2 or UB, definitely cool). Good stuff, there's definitely worse, shame her stats aren't helping this aspect though
Other: Her ki blasts are generally poor, only one consecutive blast and only two when doing the jump ki blast. Her charged ki blast has a homing effect, but is really slow and has no other worthwhile effect. She can stun with a medium charged ki blast though, like many other characters can. Her DP cost is 2, which is low, but I can think of a lot of characters I'd rather pick at that price. Her team charge gauge is fast, but there are characters that are faster and are better overall, even at 2 DP.

Can't think of any good reason to pick her in any situation. That's my verdict. I'm always interested in more thoughts.

songohan619
Patreon Supporter

Post by songohan619 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:32 am

How good is Super Saiyan 1/2 Vegeta in Burst Limit?

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:25 pm

How good is Youth (not kid) Gohan in Burst Limit

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109