"Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
simtek34
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 882
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:40 pm
Location: Mount Paozu (Woodbury, MN)
Contact:

"Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Postby simtek34 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:25 am

Status: Part 1: IT'S HERE!!, Part 2: IT'S HERE!!, Part 3: COMING SOON




Last edited by simtek34 on Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:48 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

User avatar
mute_proxy
Regular
Posts: 620
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:09 am
Location: Planet 4032-877

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Part 1 On-Going Release Thread

Postby mute_proxy » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:04 am

Umm... yeah.. that was posted on Kanzenshuu's front page two days ago.

User avatar
simtek34
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 882
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:40 pm
Location: Mount Paozu (Woodbury, MN)
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/ Blu-ray Thread

Postby simtek34 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:37 am

Since it is April now, has anybody received their copies form RightStuff or anything since they ship things early most of the time? I'm not getting mine 'till May.

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8998
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/ Blu-ray Thread

Postby Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:04 pm

simtek34 wrote:Since it is April now, has anybody received their copies form RightStuff or anything since they ship things early most of the time? I'm not getting mine 'till May.

One Punch Man is out April 25th & the regular BDs are shipping next week, nothing on Kai, as I noted in the main thread nothing from FUNimation has shipped early lately, so not really expecting Kai too tbh.
Top releases of each month to look forward too:
September: DBS Son Goku FES!! Stage 8 (sculpted by Hiroyuki Nakazawa) PROTOTYPE FINAL VERSION
October: DBS WCD Vol.2: Goku vs Jiren, #17 & Super Shenron (assumed sculpted by Hiroyuki Nakazawa)
November: DBGT Kamehameha x10 Son Goku (sculpted by Satoshi Suzuki)
December: DBS Movie Ichiban Kuji Prize A Super Saiyan Broly Full Power, Prize D SSGSS Son Goku (sculptors currently unknown)
Ultimate Soldier I Anger Broly (assumed sculpted by Hiroyuki Nakazawa)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Super related merchandise and figures Album of SSGSS shots Album of Ultra Instinct shots Album of Ultra Instinct "Omen" shots Album of SSG shots

User avatar
Footlong Shoe
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 395
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:47 pm
Location: Garner, NC
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/ Blu-ray Thread

Postby Footlong Shoe » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:06 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:One Punch Man is out April 25th & the regular BDs are shipping next week,


Where did you find that out? I know this is off topic, but when you say "regular BDs" I assume that means I'll have to wait a little longer for the limited edition?
Steam - Footlong Shoe (psn_trooperman567)
XBL - Footlong Crocs
Discord - Footlong Shoe #1776


Hit me up, I might be willing to talk or play!

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8998
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/ Blu-ray Thread

Postby Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:55 pm

Footlong Shoe wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:One Punch Man is out April 25th & the regular BDs are shipping next week,


Where did you find that out? I know this is off topic, but when you say "regular BDs" I assume that means I'll have to wait a little longer for the limited edition?

Rightsuf's website lists the regular BD and DVD has in stock, wheras the limited edition and Kai are "pre order now not yet shipping."
Top releases of each month to look forward too:
September: DBS Son Goku FES!! Stage 8 (sculpted by Hiroyuki Nakazawa) PROTOTYPE FINAL VERSION
October: DBS WCD Vol.2: Goku vs Jiren, #17 & Super Shenron (assumed sculpted by Hiroyuki Nakazawa)
November: DBGT Kamehameha x10 Son Goku (sculpted by Satoshi Suzuki)
December: DBS Movie Ichiban Kuji Prize A Super Saiyan Broly Full Power, Prize D SSGSS Son Goku (sculptors currently unknown)
Ultimate Soldier I Anger Broly (assumed sculpted by Hiroyuki Nakazawa)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Super related merchandise and figures Album of SSGSS shots Album of Ultra Instinct shots Album of Ultra Instinct "Omen" shots Album of SSG shots

User avatar
BobZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 362
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:20 pm
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria [Land of Confusion]

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/ Blu-ray Thread

Postby BobZ » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:24 pm

Finally! I can own the complete Kai set in English! Though it's really such a shame that Boo Kai looks like shit compared to Kai 1. :/

Eh, I'll take what I can get.

Since all previous Funi Kai releases were regions A and B, it is safe to assume this one will be as well?

I have an itchy pre-order finger...

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8998
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/ Blu-ray Thread

Postby Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:54 pm

BobZ wrote:Finally! I can own the complete Kai set in English! Though it's really such a shame that Boo Kai looks like shit compared to Kai 1. :/

Eh, I'll take what I can get.

Since all previous Funi Kai releases were regions A and B, it is safe to assume this one will be as well?

I have an itchy pre-order finger...

Nope it is locked to A. Don't ask why FUNi have been weird, they locked Fairy Tail after Part 10 aswell much to my annoyance, there isn't any consistency as to what is locked and what isn't.

On the flip side Madman from Aus will start releasing Buu Kai from June and they are region B but unfortunately do not expect a good release in terms of packaging.
Top releases of each month to look forward too:
September: DBS Son Goku FES!! Stage 8 (sculpted by Hiroyuki Nakazawa) PROTOTYPE FINAL VERSION
October: DBS WCD Vol.2: Goku vs Jiren, #17 & Super Shenron (assumed sculpted by Hiroyuki Nakazawa)
November: DBGT Kamehameha x10 Son Goku (sculpted by Satoshi Suzuki)
December: DBS Movie Ichiban Kuji Prize A Super Saiyan Broly Full Power, Prize D SSGSS Son Goku (sculptors currently unknown)
Ultimate Soldier I Anger Broly (assumed sculpted by Hiroyuki Nakazawa)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Super related merchandise and figures Album of SSGSS shots Album of Ultra Instinct shots Album of Ultra Instinct "Omen" shots Album of SSG shots

User avatar
BobZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 362
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:20 pm
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria [Land of Confusion]

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/ Blu-ray Thread

Postby BobZ » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:06 am

Well, that's just peachy. Why they don't want my money is beyond me, but oh well. I guess I'll have to wait for Madman's release...
Still, this bums me out quite a bit - my Kai collection will be inconsistent this way. Damn it, Funimation! *SHAKES FIST*

User avatar
sintzu
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 12626
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/ Blu-ray Thread

Postby sintzu » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:10 pm

I think the reason they lock some releases is because they don't want the companies from other areas to lose sales because people are importing their releases from America.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

If Alex Jones' right to speak is not defended then eventually we will all be silenced.

90sDBZ
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1634
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:34 am
Location: UK

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/ Blu-ray Thread

Postby 90sDBZ » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:38 pm

sintzu wrote:I think the reason they lock some releases is because they don't want the companies from other areas to lose sales because people are importing their releases from America.

I think this is the case. I remember reading a while back that Toei decided to enforce it on Funimation because they didn't want Japanese fans importing the cheaper US releases in favour of their own. It's a pain for me because I was rewatching the DB Blue Bricks(in Japanese for the first time), only to discover my Multi-Region DVD player has a defect that causes the reds to be overly bright to the point of distraction. I can't be bothered getting another Multi-Region player yet so I've put my run of DB on hold. It seems even more stupid when the Z and GT sets weren't region locked and I can just watch them on any damn DVD player or game console I choose.

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8998
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/ Blu-ray Thread

Postby Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:01 pm

90sDBZ wrote:
sintzu wrote:I think the reason they lock some releases is because they don't want the companies from other areas to lose sales because people are importing their releases from America.

I think this is the case. I remember reading a while back that Toei decided to enforce it on Funimation because they didn't want Japanese fans importing the cheaper US releases in favour of their own. It's a pain for me because I was rewatching the DB Blue Bricks(in Japanese for the first time), only to discover my Multi-Region DVD player has a defect that causes the reds to be overly bright to the point of distraction. I can't be bothered getting another Multi-Region player yet so I've put my run of DB on hold. It seems even more stupid when the Z and GT sets weren't region locked and I can just watch them on any damn DVD player or game console I choose.

Japan has the same Blu-ray region as the U.S so some licensors require sub-locking or geo-locking to stop reverse importing.

Anyway FUNi listed Gosick (out this month) as Region A,B however they have now updated it to Region A only, as I said there is no consistency to what get's locked and what doesn't.
Top releases of each month to look forward too:
September: DBS Son Goku FES!! Stage 8 (sculpted by Hiroyuki Nakazawa) PROTOTYPE FINAL VERSION
October: DBS WCD Vol.2: Goku vs Jiren, #17 & Super Shenron (assumed sculpted by Hiroyuki Nakazawa)
November: DBGT Kamehameha x10 Son Goku (sculpted by Satoshi Suzuki)
December: DBS Movie Ichiban Kuji Prize A Super Saiyan Broly Full Power, Prize D SSGSS Son Goku (sculptors currently unknown)
Ultimate Soldier I Anger Broly (assumed sculpted by Hiroyuki Nakazawa)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Super related merchandise and figures Album of SSGSS shots Album of Ultra Instinct shots Album of Ultra Instinct "Omen" shots Album of SSG shots

User avatar
simtek34
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 882
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:40 pm
Location: Mount Paozu (Woodbury, MN)
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/ Blu-ray Thread

Postby simtek34 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:48 pm

According to FUNimation.com and the French Wikipedia Page, the commentaries will be on Episode 112, the one that has just aired on Toonami where Spopovitch gives Videl his brutal beatdown and Son Gohan goes SS2 in anger. Episode 131, where Boo turns the city into candy, Son Gohan tries to pull out the Z Sword, and where Goten and Trunks start training. And Episode 157, the one where the story of Majin Boo is told to Son Goku and Vegeta, and Kid Boo goes to Grand Kaio's planet and sees Kuririn and Yamucha.

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8998
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/ Blu-ray Thread

Postby Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:47 pm

No early Kai this week too.
Top releases of each month to look forward too:
September: DBS Son Goku FES!! Stage 8 (sculpted by Hiroyuki Nakazawa) PROTOTYPE FINAL VERSION
October: DBS WCD Vol.2: Goku vs Jiren, #17 & Super Shenron (assumed sculpted by Hiroyuki Nakazawa)
November: DBGT Kamehameha x10 Son Goku (sculpted by Satoshi Suzuki)
December: DBS Movie Ichiban Kuji Prize A Super Saiyan Broly Full Power, Prize D SSGSS Son Goku (sculptors currently unknown)
Ultimate Soldier I Anger Broly (assumed sculpted by Hiroyuki Nakazawa)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Super related merchandise and figures Album of SSGSS shots Album of Ultra Instinct shots Album of Ultra Instinct "Omen" shots Album of SSG shots

User avatar
Freeza Soldier #156
Regular
Posts: 563
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:41 pm
Location: Florida

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/ Blu-ray Thread

Postby Freeza Soldier #156 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:43 am

Part 1 now says In Stock on RightStuf. Hopefully that means we may get it this week.

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8998
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/ Blu-ray Thread

Postby Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:32 am

Freeza Soldier #156 wrote:Part 1 now says In Stock on RightStuf. Hopefully that means we may get it this week.

Yeah just saw! Fingers crossed. I didn't order from RS but the place I ordered from usually ship stuff when RS does.
Top releases of each month to look forward too:
September: DBS Son Goku FES!! Stage 8 (sculpted by Hiroyuki Nakazawa) PROTOTYPE FINAL VERSION
October: DBS WCD Vol.2: Goku vs Jiren, #17 & Super Shenron (assumed sculpted by Hiroyuki Nakazawa)
November: DBGT Kamehameha x10 Son Goku (sculpted by Satoshi Suzuki)
December: DBS Movie Ichiban Kuji Prize A Super Saiyan Broly Full Power, Prize D SSGSS Son Goku (sculptors currently unknown)
Ultimate Soldier I Anger Broly (assumed sculpted by Hiroyuki Nakazawa)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Super related merchandise and figures Album of SSGSS shots Album of Ultra Instinct shots Album of Ultra Instinct "Omen" shots Album of SSG shots

User avatar
Freeza Soldier #156
Regular
Posts: 563
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:41 pm
Location: Florida

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/ Blu-ray Thread

Postby Freeza Soldier #156 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:41 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Freeza Soldier #156 wrote:Part 1 now says In Stock on RightStuf. Hopefully that means we may get it this week.

Yeah just saw! Fingers crossed. I didn't order from RS but the place I ordered from usually ship stuff when RS does.


My order status has updated to shipped. Should definitely be here this week. Can't wait! :clap:

User avatar
rs_chaosmaster
Regular
Posts: 604
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:40 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/ Blu-ray Thread

Postby rs_chaosmaster » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:42 pm

Mine also shipped today hoping for Friday or Saturday delivery along with One Punch Man LE :shock:

User avatar
ShadowDude112
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1871
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:54 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/ Blu-ray Thread

Postby ShadowDude112 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:40 am

Mine shipped and according to USPS, I should get it on Friday!
Tanooki Kuribo wrote:If Toriyama joined Kanzenshuu, he'd probably forget his login name and password.

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
JacobYBM wrote:No, why would it? It's fiction. The strength of the characters is not possible to reach in reality.

I mean, you're pretty open about looking at cartoon porn. Why would you do that? It's fiction. The proportions of these women are not possible to reach in reality.

User avatar
Dragon Ball Ireland
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1108
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 9:09 am
Location: Kildare, Ireland

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/ Blu-ray Thread

Postby Dragon Ball Ireland » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:48 am

Anyone got word from Amazon on shipping? Specifically those living outside the US?


Return to “Dragon Ball Kai”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests