Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by simtek34 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:55 pm

So, does anybody see any chance of a Subbed release in Theaters at all? I really want to see it in Japanese, and FUNimation has been doing a lot of anime movies Subbed in Theaters, but why is Dragonball the only exception!?

Now, at this rate, I see the final battle of the movie going with Broli going Full Power, Son Goku and Vegeta get beaten the crap out of them, they fuse to Gogeta, start to gain the other hand, then time runs out. Then after more getting beat up, Goku gets Ultra Instinct again, beats Broli, and saves the day. I really don’t know what will happen to Freeza in all of his after his first fight from the trailer.

Congratulations to Drgaonball Minus for being referenced in the movie. Am I the only one who didn’t hate that Chapter?

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:56 pm

PFM18 wrote:I want Broly to kill Beerus for telling/allowng Freeza to destroy Planet Vegeta
There will be no major kill in this movie, Toriyama don't have the guts for that. If he had he would end RoF with Earth destroyed and Goku muttering his decisions.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:59 pm

I really want Broly to kill Freeza

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:00 pm

Bergamo wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
Alruneia wrote:I'm really curious to see if the movie will follow the manga or the anime more closely. I'm assuming that it won't fit either perfectly, but with God Vegeta having a design, perhaps it'll lean closer to the manga continuity? Impossible to tell just yet, I suppose.
Probably neither. Goku's using his aura as SSB so he apparently doesn't have the complete SSB from the manga.
He only has the aura when he first activates the form. This is just like in the manga.
We don't see Goku activating the form in the trailer. He's already SSB in this shot: [spoiler]Image[/spoiler] and the one at the end has the same kind of starlight effect, just more pronounced.
Last edited by BlueBasilisk on Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:01 pm

This trailer looks awful honestly. Teaser looked pretty good but this is just bad.
Some frames look like Golden Frieza arc in Super.

This is gonna be Metal Cooler of DBS, movie that looks worse than anime series lmao.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:02 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:I really want Broly to kill Freeza
Actually want the opposite. Because then this will be another time that Freeza's revival was for nothing.
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:02 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:Considering he can fight Goku at SSB with just his Golden Eye form, if Full Power Broly is even just on par with Jiren at his strongest, he has no reason to fear him.

Like Beerus is stronger than Jiren, right? lol
I'm not sure you got what I ment or not. So I'll just break it down and you can let me know.

In the anime Jiren is the mortal stronger then a god of destruction who beat Beerus in a test of strength, which his hinted to be Belmod in that continuity.

Jiren during the ToP not only displayed a power that shocked Beerus and confirmed the rumour for Whis, but actually became even more powerful.

If Broly at his strongest is even just equal Jiren at his strongest, Beerus would be lucky to walk away from the fight alive.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:03 pm

Does anyone else think the scene of the saiyans on the planet yellow sky is actually is actually a scene of Planet Sadala?

Sidenote: Sadly the scenes of the big hand and little hand touching and the saiyan babies in incubator-looking things are just stuff taking from DBMinus.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:05 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:This trailer looks awful honestly. Teaser looked pretty good but this is just bad.

This is gonna be Metal Cooler of DBS, movie that looks worse than anime series lmao.
Judging from everything you’ve been complaining about from the designs to this teaser, i suggest you give up on Dragon ball and move on because this is the start of a new age of dragon ball. Soon all other db products will begin adopting this style and you can bet that the following movies and DB series will adopt the style.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:06 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
sunsetshimmer wrote:This trailer looks awful honestly. Teaser looked pretty good but this is just bad.

Judging from everything you’ve been complaining about from the designs to this teaser, i suggest you give up on Dragon ball and move on because this is the start of a new age of dragon ball. Soon all other db products will begin adopting this style and you can bet that the following movies and DB series will adopt the style.
Don't bother arguing. They're a proven troll.
Feels over Reals.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:08 pm

simtek34 wrote:Congratulations to Drgaonball Minus for being referenced in the movie. Am I the only one who didn’t hate that Chapter?
I like that chapter too :D

Awesome trailer, can't wait for the movie.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:09 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
PFM18 wrote:I want Broly to kill Beerus for telling/allowng Freeza to destroy Planet Vegeta
There will be no major kill in this movie, Toriyama don't have the guts for that. If he had he would end RoF with Earth destroyed and Goku muttering his decisions.
Dont be so sure

ShaggyBlanco
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShaggyBlanco » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:09 pm

Anyone else thinks Goku is going UI in the end (creating that galaxy thing)?

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:11 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: Judging from everything you’ve been complaining about from the designs to this teaser, i suggest you give up on Dragon ball and move on because this is the start of a new age of dragon ball. Soon all other db products will begin adopting this style and you can bet that the following movies and DB series will adopt the style.
I still check new things and have every right to share my opinion. Deal with it.
New age of dragon ball? You mean new age of bad designs? New age of not having your own opinion?
I don't have anything against changes in animation. DB changed over years in original anime run and even after that.
Movie teaser actually looked good. But trailer looks just awful and that's it. ToP arc in Super was superior in every way.
RedHeat wrote: Don't bother arguing. They're a proven troll.
Ok ok. Just don't cry please.
:roll:
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:11 pm

amuroray wrote:
Esfír Dedragón wrote:So... this is what they came up with for a new Dragon Ball movie?

Ha...Ha...Ha.

At this point, I'm not even mad or disappointed anymore.

Greed and indifference to the quality of the story is now something to be expected in the Dragon Ball franchise.

I'll probably still see this movie in theaters. Who knows? I might actually like the fight scenes because THAT'S WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT, RIGHT?!?!
Its incredible really how they can keep getting any with this.
Well, the majority of db fans are keeping open-minds, are enjoying this new beautiful style, and hope that Toriyama can deliver a great story for not just Broly but the saiyan race in general.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:11 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:

He's just a GT fanboy he doesnt care about any kind of new db products.

ShaggyBlanco
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShaggyBlanco » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:11 pm

simtek34 wrote: Congratulations to Drgaonball Minus for being referenced in the movie. Am I the only one who didn’t hate that Chapter?
I liked it, but Bardock is better on Toei's version imo. But I'm glad it is (possibly) showing up here

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:12 pm

........do you like anything other than GT and maybe some of Z or are you just here to crap on Super?

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:12 pm

RedHeat wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:

Don't bother arguing. They're a proven troll.
Yeah. I realize that now

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:12 pm

ShaggyBlanco wrote:Anyone else thinks Goku is going UI in the end (creating that galaxy thing)?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Not 100% sure but I would not rule it out. If it is, it's very telling of how powerful this Broly is that is cause Goku, who stated he could not control the form at will befor, to instanly jump to the form in response to Broly's transformation.
Last edited by Lord Frieza on Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.