Kai Episode 124 (05 October 2014)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Kai Episode 124 (05 October 2014)

Post by Hujio » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:32 am

General Discussion for Dragon Ball Kai episode 124, aired 05 October 2014

邪魔者を捜せ バビディの復讐作戦開始!
Jamamono o Sagase Babidi no Fukushū Sakusen Kaishi!
Find Those Getting in the Way — Babidi's Revenge Operation Begins!

PLEASE SAVE DISCUSSION FOR AFTER THE EPISODE HAS AIRED
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Re: Kai Episode 124 (05 October 2014)

Post by Black_Liger » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:37 am

Hujio wrote:General Discussion for Dragon Ball Kai episode 124, aired 05 October 2014

邪魔者を捜せ バビディの復讐作戦開始!
Jamamono o Sagase Babidi no Fukushū Sakusen Kaishi!
Find Those Getting in the Way — Babidi's Revenge Operation Begins!

PLEASE SAVE DISCUSSION FOR AFTER THE EPISODE HAS AIRED
Another weak episode, it didn't do for me. The new ending is FREAKING LAZY, Holy crap. it's just pictures moving around D:. Goku is not going ssj3 in the next episode and The music placement is starting to feel repetitive. As supportive as I am with Kai, after vegeta's death it's quite dull D: well I never liked this section of dbz either.
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:59 am

I've been very easy on this arc compared to a lot of fans but come on Toie what was that ending ? I could see why if they were changing the ending every episode but only 4 and yet they still mess 1 up ? I hope the last one will at least have something going on in it,The song though isn't bad.

Anyway i still have hope that the international version will be better like what i've heard.
Last edited by sintzu on Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

JEFFMAN219
Regular

Post by JEFFMAN219 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:55 am

Man this is like Z all over again. I thought the purpose of Kai was to cut filler and make the pacing faster.

Valerius Dover
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Valerius Dover » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:23 am

Anyone have a clip of this new ending?
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:47 am

Valerius Dover wrote:Anyone have a clip of this new ending?
It's on Youtube.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:21 am

Worst ending so far. One after another.
I like how the kids got their own ending but the song is no catchy at all. Ask Flow to sing the next one :P
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

danielsan_190196
Beyond Newbie

Post by danielsan_190196 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:37 am

http://youtu.be/HeYmBBeTCzQ

Valerius Dover
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Valerius Dover » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:49 pm

danielsan_190196 wrote:
Thanks, the only one I found on Youtube was bad quality and was missing the beginning. Personally, I don't have an issue with this ending. Endings don't usually have much going on in their animations. I've seen endings that have a lot less in them then this. The song itself is good and Goten and Trunks getting their own ending is awesome! :D

It does make me wish they had multiple endings in The Final Chapters, however.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:11 pm

Valerius Dover wrote:
danielsan_190196 wrote:
Thanks, the only one I found on Youtube was bad quality and was missing the beginning. Personally, I don't have an issue with this ending. Endings don't usually have much going on in their animations. I've seen endings that have a lot less in them then this. The song itself is good and Goten and Trunks getting their own ending is awesome! :D

It does make me wish they had multiple endings in The Final Chapters, however.
Thing is the original Z had very simple endings, following the same motif of Gohan running or Walking and showing some pictures along the way. But they were far more detailed than this, not to mention better music. In my opinion they should have never replaced Kageyama e.e
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

mcdonough88
Not-So-Newbie

Post by mcdonough88 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:19 am

Awful song, lazy video.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:03 am

mcdonough88 wrote:Awful song, lazy video.
My thoughts exactly.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:40 am

Gonstead wrote:
mcdonough88 wrote:Awful song, lazy video.
My thoughts exactly.
Really? Because one ending fits that description better: Zenkai Power from Z's beginning to Z's end of the Cell arc. Simply outrageous, as if the show was made for five years old MAXIMUM, the equivalent to Dora.
So I'd say if you think of what Z had to offer for most of its run, this new ending is a major upgrade, nothing to complain about.

Too bad that it's entirely focused on the kids, but at least Gotenks being progressively revealed closing his eyes concentrating/meditating in the background while Goten and Trunks are shown fusing is incredibly stylish.
And this time, we have a music that fits the youth of Goten and Trunks (both with kids saying "Yeah!!!" and the way the singer sounds, as well as the music style) while not sounding like it's meant for a 3 years old.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:31 pm

Toei keeps getting people with the most nasally, annoying voices to perform Buu Kai's Japanese ending themes.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:16 pm

Metalwario64 wrote:Toei keeps getting people with the most nasally, annoying voices to perform Buu Kai's Japanese ending themes.
It's probably Columbia forcing their new talent on the series. Toei Animation accepts because they need to make money off of the series somehow.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:30 pm

Metalwario64 wrote:Toei keeps getting people with the most nasally, annoying voices to perform Buu Kai's Japanese ending themes.
As far as I'm aware, Toei have nothing to do with it. Columbia approached them with the songs. The only ones Toei chose for the Buu arc were both from the International Version: Masatoshi Ono for "Fight it Out" & Junear for "Never Give Up".

I really don't get the hate about the pacing here, the episodes that are 1:1 with "Z" are where it covered one chapter - and to be fair, for the sake of removing 4 mins of filler, is it really worth them re-writing an entire episode to get scenes of Gohan pulling out the Z Sword at the end of it?, and don't forget, they still had to cover the remainder of "Z" #241 at the beginning.
The pacing is already faster overall, we're 10 episodes ahead of "Z" right now (for the original International Version).

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:35 pm

I see. I was unaware of the process in getting these songs.

I don't know if it's the songs or the singers, but I don't care for the male singers in Buu Kai's endings so far. They just sound too nasally to me.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:09 pm

danielsan_190196 wrote:
This is worse than Wings of the Heart and who of Toei thought this would be a good song to be part of the Dragon Ball franchise? It sounds like some shitty cheap funfare song. :|
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:26 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:This is worse than Wings of the Heart and who of Toei thought this would be a good song to be part of the Dragon Ball franchise? It sounds like some shitty cheap funfare song. :|
The person who knows he isn't going to get better because nobody wants anything to do with the series.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

MagicBox
Advanced Regular

Post by MagicBox » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:25 pm

I'll be honest and admit that I actually like the new ending's visuals. This was definitely done on a budget, but I happen to think a lot of the drawings here are very, very strong. Goten and Trunks look good throughout the whole thing.

The song is abysmal, though. There's no defending that. Unless Columbia releases a full theme song album after the series ends, the only one of these things I'm going to bother purchasing is "Never · Before · Never · Again."
"Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs