New info about the franchise from Yamamuro

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

New info about the franchise from Yamamuro

Post by sintzu » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:30 pm

http://textuploader.com/5y709

What do you all think of this ? Do you want to see Broly again ? and how long do you want the franchise to go on ? and what do you think of his GT comments ?

Thanks Psykomatik for the link.

It's nice to finally know that Toriyama will be involved with the movies as well cause there were doubts due to him working on Super and it also confirms that he has a lot in mind if he can do both.

The Broly part is good new for his fans cause although nothing is currently in development, someone as high as him wanting him back means that it's not off the table yet and if he's close with Toriyama he could get him to do it, personally I hope he stays dead and in the past but they brought back Freeza so it could happen.

It's good to know that Super's current childish tone won't carry over to the new movies.

In terms of GT, I think it's fans should give up hope of it being connected to Super.

In terms of Super's 5th episode, they should just tell everyone what really happened, they didn't have enough time and messed up. instead of trying to make it look like fans are the problem.

Dragon Ball is here to stay, weather that's good or bad will depend on who you ask and what we get.
Last edited by sintzu on Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: New info about the franchise from Yamamuro

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:34 pm

I posted this in Ajay's thread already. Yamamuro's comments are being taken out of context. The interviewer was pushing to get clickbait out of Yamamuro. Nothing more.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:38 pm

JulieYBM wrote:I posted this in Ajay's thread already. Yamamuro's comments are being taken out of context. The interviewer was pushing to get clickbait out of Yamamuro. Nothing more.
We didn't know that Toriyama would be involved in future movies.

We didn't know that future movies would be less childish then Super.

No one said anything about Gt's connection before this.

So not everything in it is clickbait cause a lot of it is interesting and worth talking about.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:23 pm

Yeah, but I do think this interview is a bit old, isn't? I remember seeing something similar some months ago.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:27 pm

Grimlock wrote:Yeah, but I do think this interview is a bit old, isn't? I remember seeing something similar some months ago.
It seems like this is the final part of the interview, that we didn't get originally, because it's the part where the fans ask questions, perhaps?

Even if the interviewer was digging for clickbait(all the Broly stuff), it's good to see they asked interesting questions, particular the response on the GT question intrigued me.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun May 01, 2016 3:00 am

The subject of the thread is a bit misleading. No bombs or anything and it's all logical, plus wishes from Yamamuro.

Gorou
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gorou » Sun May 01, 2016 11:41 am

Broly again?
Fortunately Toriyama did not think like him...

BoosterZabi

Post by BoosterZabi » Sun May 01, 2016 12:50 pm

We seen Broly three times already there is no need for him to come back in any format. What will he bring new to the table outside of "K-KAKROTTO"?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun May 01, 2016 1:32 pm

BoosterZabi wrote:What will he bring new to the table outside of "K-KAKROTTO"?
More merchandise sales.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Sun May 01, 2016 2:10 pm

I do like Yamamuro's repsonse to to the Brolybaiting; it's just "if we want to tell that story, we'll make a movie inbetween the gaps." There's no need to worry about "canon" or "but this happened". Just fill in the gaps!
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Speedster
Regular

Post by Speedster » Tue May 03, 2016 2:35 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
Grimlock wrote:Yeah, but I do think this interview is a bit old, isn't? I remember seeing something similar some months ago.
It seems like this is the final part of the interview, that we didn't get originally, because it's the part where the fans ask questions, perhaps?

Even if the interviewer was digging for clickbait(all the Broly stuff), it's good to see they asked interesting questions, particular the response on the GT question intrigued me.
Here is the video of the interview. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AInSWDw2l70

As you can see it was uploaded on Youtube in November 2015 so it is not a new interview.

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Tue May 03, 2016 4:09 pm

There's literally nothing to be seen here. The interviewer puts to Yamamuro some of the burning issues which seem to appeal to a good chunk of the mainstream overseas audience (the place of Dragonball GT within the 'canon', and the possibility of a return for Broly), and Yamamuro responds in, really, the only way that he can as a franchise spokesman - by being diplomatic and thoroughly noncommittal.

He says absolutely nothing new and makes no promises on either front. There's nothing to be made from any of this that wasn't out there or obvious beforehand; nothing has changed.

What a waste of an interview.

I'm sure that all sounds very cynical - but it really grinds my gears. I like to see journalists ask inventive questions and dig for new and meaningful information. I see this as a wasted opportunity on both accounts, especially when the opportunity to interview Yamamuro was done overseas, without the oppressive filter that exists in a lot of the Japanese press.
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue May 03, 2016 4:16 pm

This is another one of those depressing signs that fans of animation are not fans of animation. It's pretty unsightly to see such forced questioning that he can in no way answer. It's a real lack of foresight.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue May 03, 2016 4:22 pm

Blade wrote:There's literally nothing to be seen here.
We now know that Toriyama will be involved with future movies so it wasn't a complete waste.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue May 03, 2016 4:33 pm

sintzu wrote:
Blade wrote:There's literally nothing to be seen here.
We now know that Toriyama will be involved with future movies so it wasn't a complete waste.
In other news, water is wet.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Protege
Beyond Newbie

Post by Protege » Tue May 03, 2016 8:28 pm

Everything that i read in that interview seems to indicate that their after money, money, money and nothing else.

Having another Broly movie would be like the most lamest thing they could ever pull out of their ass. There was 3 movies were already done about him, and i didnt get the GT part because it looks their against doing a cross over with GT, but then what about the manga? What about Goku training Uub? What about Bra? Aint those events kinda important since their from a canon universe and part of the manga ending? Or are they planning to retcon the end of the series starting from battle of gods? This is what they should have asked Yamamuro instead of other things that we already known.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed May 04, 2016 4:29 am

Protege wrote:
Everything that i read in that interview seems to indicate that their after money and nothing else.

Having another Broly movie would be like the most lamest thing they could ever pull out of their ass.

I didn't get the GT part because it looks their against doing a cross over with GT.

What about the manga? are they planning to retcon the end of the series starting from battle of gods?
You don't have to read an interview to see that.

A good amount of fans want Broly back and with the $$$ only mindset Toriyama and Toei have, I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

I also don't think they'll cross over but I don't think they've completely the door on GT, I think we might get something later down the line.

The script for Super's 1st episode was released last week and it said that the BOG arc was set a few months after they wished for everyone to forget about Buu so they've already retconed it.

I understand why some or even a lot of fans will be upset about it because it was part of the original manga but personally I think the story deserves a better ending then what it got so hopefully when Super's last arc is finished, we'll get that.

This won't be the 1st time we get a changed ending cause in the Kanzenban, Toriyama added a few pages to it and changed a few things so this'll be the 2nd time it gets changed but Uub was mentioned so it won't be completely different.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed May 04, 2016 5:46 am

Can Herms weigh in as to the validity of this?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Thu May 05, 2016 1:10 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Can Herms weigh in as to the validity of this?
I'm not sure if there's much more to say. As has been noted, it's mostly Yamamuro being asked fairly leading questions and giving largely insubstantial answers in return. The interviewer asks if Yamamuro were to bring back a movie character into the TV series, which movie character he would pick, and so Yamamuro says Broli. There's no indication he has any particular plans or desires to make that happen, but when specifically asked to select a movie character to bring back, that's his pick. The target audience question is similar: the interviewer asks if a new movie would be able to aim at an older audience than Super on TV, and Yamamuro says "hey, could be!" The SSB vs SS4 question is asking him about issues of continuity, something which Yamamuro has no involvement in at all; it's a bit like asking Kenji Yamamoto for his thoughts on power levels. None of this is exactly terrible, but none of it's particularly newsworthy either.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

successoroffate
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by successoroffate » Thu May 05, 2016 10:05 am

There was a final question regarding What the future may hold for DB:

Final question that I considered relevant: He is asked "What does the future holds for Dragon Ball?" He goes: He's not quite sure about what the Future of Dragon Ball is going to be like, but it is clear that Dragon Ball is going to pass from Generations to Generations (Or generations to come) if the fans want it to happen. It is not known but there's a chance to restart Dragon Ball from scratch (From zero, from the start of Dragon Ball back when Goku was a child, according to him).

I didn't touch the Japanese part but rather the translator's Spanish to English.
Big Green: Do whateveryoulike, Ghos
Broly: haha He calls me a goohst, but IMMMD DA DEVVVVAAALLL! RAHAHAHAHA!
-----
Trunks: "Dhe computer selffishy intesnafiy dosuementos."
Android 13: Yum Boy
-----
Vegeta: The Legendary Warrior of SpaZe.