What is the lamest thing to come out of modern DBZ?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Re: What is the lamest thing to come out of modern DBZ?

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:43 am

Soppa Saia People wrote:
Gog wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote: That's not what the topic is about.
I'm saying that the original transformations is Dragon ball Z (SSJ, all the shit in between, SS2, SS3) are the most uninteresting of the forms. While your saying that by this modern dragon ball's transformations are lame.

Then I stated that back then it was modern Dragon Ball, implying that the forms where lame back then as well. You've yet to prove your point
This topic is about venting the stuff that came out after 2007 or so. I honestly have no idea what you're talking about.
Let's just call it a technicality by way of Kai and not do it again.
Retired.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:46 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote:
Gog wrote:
I'm saying that the original transformations is Dragon ball Z (SSJ, all the shit in between, SS2, SS3) are the most uninteresting of the forms. While your saying that by this modern dragon ball's transformations are lame.

Then I stated that back then it was modern Dragon Ball, implying that the forms where lame back then as well. You've yet to prove your point
This topic is about venting the stuff that came out after 2007 or so. I honestly have no idea what you're talking about.
Let's just call it a technicality by way of Kai and not do it again.
:oops: Oh I'm sorry again, I hope the great VeggetoEX does not notice us

ProjectAlpha22
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ProjectAlpha22 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:26 am

You know what I really hate? The Potara time limit.
It took away the risk and powerfulness of Vegito by putting a time limit on him.
-Insert Something Creative-

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:28 am

ProjectAlpha22 wrote:You know what I really hate? The Potara time limit.
It took away the risk and powerfulness of Vegito by putting a time limit on him.
That's the point, they don't have the option of cheating with fusions anymore. Narratively, it's a good thing, and it's a much better explanation for Vegetto's de-fusion than bad air.

From now on, they have to gain power by legitimate improvement.
Last edited by Jinzoningen MULE on Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retired.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:29 am

Gog wrote::oops: Oh I'm sorry again, I hope the great VeggetoEX does not notice us
AND YOU SPELLED HIS NAME WRONG!!! THE NERVE OF YOU TO MISSPELL HIS GODLY NAME!!! YOU SHALL BE CRUCIFED, GOG!!!

But anyways, I'm gonna make a list of the lamest things to ever come out of modern DB
-Resurrection 'F' was a huge letdown in both the movie and arc. Mainly because of how it poorly handled Freeza and had him lose because of the same reason he lost on Namek. Honestly, what was the point of bringing him back if you are just gonna repeat the same thing that happened to him back on Namek? To make Freeza even more of a dumbass because he didn't train enough to regulate his new form? I honestly found his defeat and end by 2 Super Saiyans satisfying enough, though I find SSJ Goku dealing the final blow more satisfying than a mysterious young kid appearing out of nowhere that happens to be a SSJ that slices up Freeza and killed his father. The arc version of this story is just downright horrendous marred with some atrocious animation with the exception of Naoki Tate's cut of Golden Freeza beating SSJB Goku in Episode 26. The episodes before this shitty arc were more entertaining than this crap.
-Some of the dragged out shit that was present in the Battle of Gods arc in Super. Episode 12 has got to be the worst offender by far. Basically OP bro fist that's gonna destroy the universe, some repetitive beam struggles, repeated scenes of Beerus and Goku powering up, and don't get me started with the whole auras forming dragons shit.
-Scenes where Goku's character traits are overly exaggerated such as when he met Zamasu in EP 53, he acts like a fucking manchild. Goku forgetting the seal has got to be the worst offender by far, though Roshi does have some blame. Not to mention, Goku still believing that he's truly fighting Monaka when really it's blatantly obvious that it's Beerus. Anyone with half a brain would know that.
-Female Broli?! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
-Goku Black and Zamasu sometimes failing to kill their opponents
-U6 team being full of fodders except for Hit
-Vegetto's time limit. Like seriously, if the writers really wanted to defuse Vegetto, they could've used the Dragon Balls. It took away what made the Potara special in the first place.

These are the things I can think of at the top of my head as of now.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:30 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:From now on, they have to gain power by legitimate improvement.
Or by asspulling their way through battles, like they've managed to do so far.

ProjectAlpha22
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ProjectAlpha22 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:32 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
ProjectAlpha22 wrote:You know what I really hate? The Potara time limit.
That's the point, they don't have the option of cheating with fusions anymore. Narratively, it's a good thing, and it's a much better explanation for Vegetto's de-fusion than bad air.

From now on, they have to gain power by legitimate improvement.
I'm still salty Vegito only lasted one episode, though. They built him up, and then he fell all the way down. Sadness ensued.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:33 am

Doctor. wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:From now on, they have to gain power by legitimate improvement.
I really want to believe that it won't be the case.
ProjectAlpha22 wrote:I'm still salty Vegito only lasted one episode, though. They built him up, and then he fell all the way down. Sadness ensued.
Actually, he wasn't built up much at all, the online community did that on Toei's behalf.
Retired.

ProjectAlpha22
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ProjectAlpha22 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:36 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
I really want to believe that it won't be the case.
ProjectAlpha22 wrote:I'm still salty Vegito only lasted one episode, though. They built him up, and then he fell all the way down. Sadness ensued.
Actually, he wasn't built up much at all, the online community did that on Toei's behalf.
Ok, the community hyped itself up. Sadness ensued.

ProjectAlpha22
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ProjectAlpha22 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:46 am

So...why does Goku never use Kaioken anymore, save for like the occasional ass-pull? In Super and such, I mean.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:48 am

ProjectAlpha22 wrote:So...why does Goku never use Kaioken anymore, save for like the occasional ass-pull?
The anime already explained it, it's too stressful on the body to stack on top of Super Saiyan. By the way, questions like this would be better asked here: viewtopic.php?p=1235469#p1235469
Retired.

ProjectAlpha22
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ProjectAlpha22 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:50 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
ProjectAlpha22 wrote:So...why does Goku never use Kaioken anymore, save for like the occasional ass-pull?
The anime already explained it, it's too stressful on the body to stack on top of Super Saiyan. By the way, questions like this would be better asked here: viewtopic.php?p=1235469#p1235469
Oh shit, there was a place for that? Thanks! I actually don't remember when Goku says that, was it near the Hit fight?
Actually, I'll figure that out myself. Once again, thanks!

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:11 am

Freeza9000 wrote:
Gog wrote::oops: Oh I'm sorry again, I hope the great VeggetoEX does not notice us
AND YOU SPELLED HIS NAME WRONG!!! THE NERVE OF YOU TO MISSPELL HIS GODLY NAME!!! YOU SHALL BE CRUCIFED, GOG!!!
*The god Gog smiled, "But, can a god, be crucified?" He asked evilly*

Freeza9000 wrote: -Female Broli?! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I can not seriously argue against this.
Freeza9000 wrote: -Goku Black and Zamasu sometimes failing to kill their opponents
Their too busy fucking each other, to really try.
Freeza9000 wrote: -U6 team being full of fodders except for Hit
The universal arc better make up for this fact, seriously.
Freeza9000 wrote: -Vegetto's time limit. Like seriously, if the writers really wanted to defuse Vegetto, they could've used the Dragon Balls. It took away what made the Potara special in the first place.
Actually the time limit actually explained why he defused in the first place

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:12 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote:
Gog wrote:

Let's just call it a technicality by way of Kai andnot do it again.
It might because I'm tired or that I'm just a clod, but do what again ?
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:58 pm

Ha, eh um, *mind goes blank* Dragon ball super....Episode 5?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:35 pm

Gog wrote:Ha, eh um, *mind goes blank* Dragon ball super....Episode 5?
Honestly, we saw worse with EP 24-27, especially EP 24, as well as the first half EP 33. Plus, EP 5 got cleaned up in the home release, so make it acceptable. But, yeah, that was a pretty low point for Dragon Ball from an aesthetic standpoint

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:39 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Gog wrote:Ha, eh um, *mind goes blank* Dragon ball super....Episode 5?
Honestly, we saw worse with EP 24-27, especially EP 24, as well as the first half EP 33. Plus, EP 5 got cleaned up in the home release, so make it acceptable. But, yeah, that was a pretty low point for Dragon Ball from an aesthetic standpoint
I was getting desperate, and needed a reason to post here. But I have another thing that I can post in the thread.

Female Broly, and the fact that everyone ships her with Cabba.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:43 pm

Honestly, if they were going to bring back the form, Cabba would have made a perfectly fine host. He already has character, which immediately makes him better than Broly, but would also add suspense if he were to lose control.

I'm changing mine to FemBroly, but only tentatively.
Retired.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:44 pm

Gog wrote:I was getting desperate, and needed a reason to post here.
If you have nothing to contribute, you probably shouldn't bother posting.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:48 pm

Zephyr wrote:
Gog wrote:I was getting desperate, and needed a reason to post here.
If you have nothing to contribute, you probably shouldn't bother posting.
I'll take what you've said to heart. Also I've finally remembered what I found to be disappointing to me. Frost being evil, was prehaps the most disappointing revelation in the entire franchise.