The Dead Zone (the actual location)

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kroni_Hunter
Regular

The Dead Zone (the actual location)

Post by Kroni_Hunter » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:33 pm

Where exactly is the deadzone in relation to the DB universe? Does it even exist within the globe? Is it somehow related to the Makai, or could it be a place that exists separately from the globe, such as a destination for folks who have died while already dead.
"An optimist thinks that this is the best possible world; a pessimest fears that this is true."

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:37 pm

Do you mean the "Demon Realm?"

The Dead Zone was an attack.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Kroni_Hunter
Regular

Post by Kroni_Hunter » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:48 pm

No, the dead zone. The attack was opening a portal to the dead zone. The demon realm is the Makai.
"An optimist thinks that this is the best possible world; a pessimest fears that this is true."

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:17 pm

The dead zone is a dimension much like the one of the room of spirit and time. Probably there isn`t much of anything there, but it might have special properties, like the one of the room of spirit and time, and just like that one, it probably doesn`t have any connection with any other realm.

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:40 pm

Since we asked... My stupid theory:

The Deadzone is the empty space in Makai where Makyousei was before it appeared in the normal universe.
The RoSaT is also an area within Makai, but it's like, mystically isolated or something.
I've also got an explanation for how Makyousei switched parts of the universe, but ... that's a bit much.
(Buu did it.)
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

IncompetentOverlord
Beyond Newbie

Post by IncompetentOverlord » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:32 pm

My Theory:

The Dead Zone is actually kind of like an ultimate time-out corner created by Enma along with the Kaou. It exists in the dimensional gap between the afterlife and the world ofthel living. Enma found that it wasn't as useful as he thought it would be, since no one who wan't already dead really attacked the afterlife. Therefore, he opened it up to the Kamis to use as an isolation chamber for enemies they can't/would rather not kill.
Stuff I Know About: Hellsing, Detective Conan, Macross, GaoGaiGar, Cowboy Bebop, Black Lagoon, Kaiji, Hetalia, Fullmetal Alchemist, Captain Harlock, Digimon, Berserk, Dragon Ball, One Piece, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Yu Yu Hakusho, Cyborg 009, Lupin III, Ultimate Muscle/Kinnikuman, Discworld, Avatar: The Last Airbender, TMNT, Futurama, Invader Zim, South Park, Sandman, Marvel, DC, Scott Pilgrim, Star Wars, Godzilla, Doctor Who, Super Sentai, Kamen Rider, Kingdom Hearts, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:40 pm

Daizenshuu 7's technique dictionary calls it a "hyperspace created through heightened ki", and that "Garlic Jr. generated one after being cornered by Goku and Piccolo", implying that it was simply something Garlic Jr. created.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:10 pm

So sorta like a pocket dimension then? Not a legitimate dimension or space in itself, but just a "hole" of sorts that an individual can open and seal things away in.