"Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butouden" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butouden (3DS)

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:27 pm

Some screen shots! And here's the write-up.

:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

jamiljamtheman
Beyond Newbie

Post by jamiljamtheman » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:28 pm

The fact that it's got a patch with material from Super and Xenoverse is pretty great (Tractor Goku!! :D) and bodes well for the future as more new material is introduced in the anime. Here's hoping for an eventual Champa and his attendant as assists :lol:

Zenkashuu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zenkashuu » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:56 am

Gameplay felt too repetitive, what a disappointment...

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:07 pm

So I finally caved and went ahead and pre-ordered this via Amazon, so that I'll get the additional support characters as well as the code for Super Butoden 2. Looking up info on both games though, I was wondering if a couple things have ever been cleared up yet or not.

1) Each of the seven evil Dragons from GT were separate special offers depending on where you bought Extreme Butoden in Japan if I recall. Has it ever been said how that's going to be handled in the English version of the game? Are they just in there to be unlocked on their own? Will it be part of a separate DLC pack to buy? Or is it completely up in the air?

2) With Super Butoden 2, we know we're getting just the Japanese version of the game on here. Is there a handy reference anywhere as to what's being said at various intervals, and menu options, and what not, for English players to get the most out of it? Also, looking into it, 'Goku (Super Saiyan)' and 'Broly (Legendary Super Saiyan' were characters only playable via a code back with the original SNES version of this game. Does that same code still work to unlock them in this newer version?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:11 pm

No word on the extra Z-Assist characters, including the retailer-specific ones. For what it's worth, ONLY Jaco/Gine were actual eShop download codes in Japan. Everything else, including the retailer-specific ones, were just button-press codes. Once one person had them, we all had them.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if the international release has the codes all changed up. The SSGSS Vegeta code from the Japanese demo release didn't work on the American demo release, for example.

In terms of Super Butoden 2, yeah, the same old code still works-as is (Up, X, Down, B, L, Y, R, A) to unlock Goku/Broli. Everything's super easy to get around so long as you're not trying to read all the story mode text. If you're not playing story mode, you're probably just playing in versus or tournament mode - that's literally all there is to do.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:34 pm

Ohh, all right, so that's how it worked. So with any luck, while the codes may have been reset, with any luck they'll still be there and someone will likely figure out what the new input codes are? If they didn't outright pull them out for DLC purposes or anything that is - not really sure how often DLC like that is a thing for handheld games though.

Ahh, so Butoden 2 will mostly be for beating up different characters with the other characters then. Eh, fun enough, and I have been saying I need more casual playing things for my system, so that'll suffice. :P
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:52 am

Anyone got the game yet? While 2D fighters aren't my thing the new story mode (adventure mode, not the standard Z-story mode) is actually a bit of fun with some cool dialogue, Yamcha makes reference to Krillin being the strongest human and Master Roshi asks Goku a secret favour to gather the Dragon Balls for him so he can be young again and score with the ladies lol. This is only chapter one hope theres more fun stuff like this coming up.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:59 am

VegettoEX wrote:No word on the extra Z-Assist characters, including the retailer-specific ones. For what it's worth, ONLY Jaco/Gine were actual eShop download codes in Japan. Everything else, including the retailer-specific ones, were just button-press codes. Once one person had them, we all had them.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if the international release has the codes all changed up. The SSGSS Vegeta code from the Japanese demo release didn't work on the American demo release, for example.

In terms of Super Butoden 2, yeah, the same old code still works-as is (Up, X, Down, B, L, Y, R, A) to unlock Goku/Broli. Everything's super easy to get around so long as you're not trying to read all the story mode text. If you're not playing story mode, you're probably just playing in versus or tournament mode - that's literally all there is to do.
Bandai Namco Europe is releasing the Japanese exclusive ones on their Facebook. They've started with the Evil Shenrons now.
Et cetera - Look it up here ;) https://www.facebook.com/DBZ.videogames?fref=photo
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:27 am

Yep, they're changing the codes from the Japanese release. I wanna say they're different between even the European and American releases, but don't quote me on that.

jamiljamtheman
Beyond Newbie

Post by jamiljamtheman » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:43 pm

Yes, in the description of Pan's picture on facebook it says: "Warning: those unlock codes are only available for European, Middle East and Asian game versions. For the US version, please refer to the dedicated album."

So when the Us version is released we will get our own codes for them. On another note, can anyone confirm/deny the existence of demo transfer for SSGSS Goku in the current western releases?

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:40 pm

So I preordered and my copy arrived this morning. I've already raced through the first story-mode, and my initial feelings are somewhere between joy for the nostalgic throw-backs to the classic Butoden games and jadedness at the limited/samey gameplay.

In honesty, it's largely the little things such as the bits of fanservice or sprite animations that havd brought the biggest smiles to my face. I just LOVE Beerus' post-victory exit. That is so on-point it's unreal.
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:25 pm

I'm waiting to see if all the stuff in the Japan version is in the US version before I decide if I'll buy. I want that dancing Vegeta and tractor Gokû.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Ryuman
Regular

Post by Ryuman » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:43 pm

Got my copy from Amazon (UK). Really confused about what happened about the pre-order bonus stuff... You guys say that the Z-Assists are button-codes? I guess I can at least get them if someone figures them out and shares... Bit disappointed about Super Butouden 2 though. Any other UK folks? All the Amazon reviews were complaining.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:19 am

Ryuman wrote:Got my copy from Amazon (UK). Really confused about what happened about the pre-order bonus stuff... You guys say that the Z-Assists are button-codes? I guess I can at least get them if someone figures them out and shares... Bit disappointed about Super Butouden 2 though. Any other UK folks? All the Amazon reviews were complaining.
What happen with Butouden 2?

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:11 am

Kinda hoping mine ships today, considering I paid the two day shipping and all, something I rarely do. But I wanted to test and see if it would actually get to me on the release day if I did that.
Twitter

Ryuman
Regular

Post by Ryuman » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:44 am

Zombie wrote:
Ryuman wrote:Got my copy from Amazon (UK). Really confused about what happened about the pre-order bonus stuff... You guys say that the Z-Assists are button-codes? I guess I can at least get them if someone figures them out and shares... Bit disappointed about Super Butouden 2 though. Any other UK folks? All the Amazon reviews were complaining.
What happen with Butouden 2?
I didn't get it. Perhaps I was wrong in thinking it came with an Amazon pre-order.

Tapion_Sword

Post by Tapion_Sword » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:35 pm

Ryuman wrote: I didn't get it. Perhaps I was wrong in thinking it came with an Amazon pre-order.
It ended up being a GAME exclusive, although Amazon UK's site did say at one point that they had the pre-order deal too for a while (I don't know when or why they changed it). I only realised through sheer luck that something had changed with Amazon's listing so I cancelled my pre-order from them and went to GAME's website at the last minute.

It was quite annoying to be honest, as for some strange reason my initial pre-order from Amazon changed from the UK release to the American one and then when I managed to correct my order I noticed that they got rid of all the details for the pre-order bonuses.

Not only that but although I now have the DLC code it unfortunately only gives you Super Butoden 2, as I've had no notifications on how to unlock the 6 early access Z-assist characters (the e-mail says that the code was for both items but I can't see any clue of the characters unlocking or a download receipt in the eShop which says that I got them). :(

Despite all my problems with the pre-order codes the game has been quite enjoyable so far. It's just a shame that I've gone through quite the hassle to actually get the correct copy of the game and to try to get all the DLC they offered to work; it's quite annoying really.

Also for any one who still wants Super Butoden 2 I think you can actually buy it on the eShop but I'll have to double check on that...

(Sorry for the somewhat long-winded post, I just wanted to vent my frustration a tiny bit while hopefully clearing some things up... ). ^.^;

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:41 pm

Wait, so an Amazon pre-order doesn't get you a download code for Super Butoden 2? What the heck, it still lists right now that it does (and definitely did when I ordered to). If this is true, good lord, I'm going to have to stop pre-ordering games from specific retailers thinking I'll get the extras. I'm still miffed I didn't get the PS skin for J-Stars.
Twitter

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:58 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Wait, so an Amazon pre-order doesn't get you a download code for Super Butoden 2? What the heck, it still lists right now that it does (and definitely did when I ordered to). If this is true, good lord, I'm going to have to stop pre-ordering games from specific retailers thinking I'll get the extras. I'm still miffed I didn't get the PS skin for J-Stars.
Unless you ordered from Amazon.uk, this doesn't affect you. lol
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:34 pm

Ohhh...okay than. ^_^;

I saw about it being switched to a 'Game' pre-order bonus so I assumed that was GameStop. My bad.
Twitter