Weird color in Frieza and Goku fight (DBZ)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tobi555
Beyond Newbie

Weird color in Frieza and Goku fight (DBZ)

Post by Tobi555 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:45 am

I don't know if this has been answered or not yet but does anyone know why there's a scene in the battle between Frieza and SSJ Goku that's colored pink and violet? Was this intended or a huge error? This scene has been cut out of Kai to my knowledge always been curious :)

Darkblade1995
Beyond Newbie

Re: Weird color in Freeza and Goku fight (DBZ)

Post by Darkblade1995 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:01 am

Actually Kai kept this scene. This scene occurs around the 1 minute mark. But I don't know why it's colored this way. They probably intended since it gradually goes back to normal colors after a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yf-UiF-4IU

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:15 am

I'm sure it was completely intentional. They probably did it to make it seem that Freeza was overpowering Goku due to him being in his maximum power. Also the purple and violet colour was chosen to reflect Freeza since he is a purple looking guy. It's a really nice touch and fits the context of the scene. On a similar note, earlier on in the Freeza saga, during the first fight between Vegeta and Zarbon the animators decided to add different shapes of colours in the shot:
I'm someone who likes to look into the lighting, colours and touches to a show/film and see how they reflect what's going on in a scene... but I have no fucking clue why they chose to do that when Vegeta confronts Zarbon. I guess they thought it looked cool?

Tobi555
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tobi555 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:00 am

Oh your right on that. Well if it was left alone in Kai instead of the colors being changed then it must have been intentional. Thanks guys :)