"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Heroes" On-Going Discussion Thread

Post by Basaku » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:18 pm

alakazam^ wrote:Both Goten look nice, though. Maybe he noticed that Trunks spent more time with Pan than himself and became buddies with the other Trunks, who's longing for a friend.
It's high time they came up with something original for Goten. Being buddies with Trunks has been his main 'role' since the beginning and Time Patroling is Trunks' thing. Goten desrves to have something of his own :problem:

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:10 pm

Basaku wrote:
alakazam^ wrote:Both Goten look nice, though. Maybe he noticed that Trunks spent more time with Pan than himself and became buddies with the other Trunks, who's longing for a friend.
It's high time they came up with something original for Goten. Being buddies with Trunks has been his main 'role' since the beginning and Time Patroling is Trunks' thing. Goten desrves to have something of his own :problem:
Goten is not interesting enough of a character to invest in making him stand out. Trunks always has his "future" version who was insanely popular. Goten was just a Goku clone with no personality whatsoever. He only gained some traits by GT where he was this "more interested in girls than anything else" type of guy. That's his only trait.
Now he actually gets something and you guys still complain about it?

Basaku

Post by Basaku » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:13 pm

DNA wrote:Now he actually gets something and you guys still complain about it?
This something that he gets is another character's iconic trait, how can you be surprised people complain? :lol:

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:18 pm

Basaku wrote:
DNA wrote:Now he actually gets something and you guys still complain about it?
This something that he gets is another character's iconic trait, how can you be surprised people complain? :lol:
Can't say I am really, all I see Goten fans do is complain.

Basaku

Post by Basaku » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:20 pm

DNA wrote:Can't say I am really, all I see Goten fans do is complain.
Common thing for fans of everyone not-named Goku or Vegeta when it comes to neo-DB sadly.

GoldLiger
Banned

Post by GoldLiger » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:52 pm

Better than him not getting anything at all. We can always say that this is an alternate timeline Goten who is also a time patroller instead of Future Trunks. Trust me when Toriyama opened the multiple timeline thing then anything is possible.
Dragon Ball Heroes God Mission = Best sets of missions so far

Super Saiyan 4 Gohan FTW!!

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:41 pm

DNA wrote:Goten is not interesting enough of a character to invest in making him stand out. Trunks always has his "future" version who was insanely popular. Goten was just a Goku clone with no personality whatsoever. He only gained some traits by GT where he was this "more interested in girls than anything else" type of guy. That's his only trait.
Agreed. They introduce him back with Future Trunks in Time Patrol. I actually like that.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:08 pm

DNA wrote: Goten is not interesting enough of a character to invest in making him stand out. Trunks always has his "future" version who was insanely popular. Goten was just a Goku clone with no personality whatsoever. He only gained some traits by GT where he was this "more interested in girls than anything else" type of guy. That's his only trait.
I disagree, but whatever. Also I don't see how this would discredit him from getting more forms in Heroes, considering much less interesting characters with actual no personality still get multiple what-ifs / new cards Broly

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:12 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: I disagree, but whatever. Also I don't see how this would discredit him from getting more forms in Heroes, considering much less interesting characters with actual no personality still get multiple what-ifs / new cards Broly
Your opinion on Broli doesn't make him less popular, has we saw on the Heroes poll, he popped up twice on the top 15 (was it fifteen?). Goten is just not a popular character.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:48 pm

DNA wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote: I disagree, but whatever. Also I don't see how this would discredit him from getting more forms in Heroes, considering much less interesting characters with actual no personality still get multiple what-ifs / new cards Broly
Your opinion on Broli doesn't make him less popular, has we saw on the Heroes poll, he popped up twice on the top 15 (was it fifteen?). Goten is just not a popular character.
I understand that Broly's very popular but that doesn't make what I said untrue.
But I know he's not that popular which is a shame :(

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:56 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:I understand that Broly's very popular but that doesn't make what I said untrue.
Well, I happen to find Broli more interesting than Goten, so you know... Opinions! :D

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:18 pm

DNA wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:I understand that Broly's very popular but that doesn't make what I said untrue.
Well, I happen to find Broli more interesting than Goten, so you know... Opinions! :D
My biggest like for the guy is how he uses SSJ against the heroes, and if the preview of Super's Champa Arc is anything to go by we'll have a second character following that same concept. I also found his personality in the first Broli movie to be fitting to his character. I mean most of the time we just hear him screaming "Kakarrot," but when he first went LSSJ he was speaking with full sentences and having some dark humor added.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:49 pm

It interesting really, most people don't see it this way but Broly is the only movie to have any kind of character development. In the first movie Broly is a blood thirsty psychopath with a dark sense of humor but his defeat at the hands of Goku seems to have had a catastrophic effect on Broly's already unstable psyche causing him to spiral deeper into insanity until he becomes a raving lunatic who's sole thought is killing Goku.

I think most people misinterpret why Broly hates Goku. It not that Goku's crying annoyed him or made him cry in turn. It's that that sound and even Goku himself are directly linked to pain, suffering, weakness and fear. In Broly's mind Goku is the living embodiment of all the pain he suffered as a child, a pain that still haunts him today. This likely also makes Broly feel vulnerable and weak, feelings a saiyan with his power would absolutely despise. Being unable to defeat this totem of all his pain and fears, worse yet losing to it, was simply to much and Broly's mind snapped.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:00 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:It interesting really, most people don't see it this way but Broly is the only movie to have any kind of character development. In the first movie Broly is a blood thirsty psychopath with a dark sense of humor but his defeat at the hands of Goku seems to have had a catastrophic effect on Broly's already unstable psyche causing him to spiral deeper into insanity until he becomes a raving lunatic who's sole thought is killing Goku.

I think most people misinterpret why Broly hates Goku. It not that Goku's crying annoyed him or made him cry in turn. It's that that sound and even Goku himself are directly linked to pain, suffering, weakness and fear. In Broly's mind Goku is the living embodiment of all the pain he suffered as a child, a pain that still haunts him today. This likely also makes Broly feel vulnerable and weak, feelings a saiyan with his power would absolutely despise. Being unable to defeat this totem of all his pain and fears, worse yet losing to it, was simply to much and Broly's mind snapped.
Damn son, thank you, what a great analysis. Don't forget that the true villain of the movie was Paragus, Broli is insane because of him.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:27 pm

Regardless of the potential in the backstory behind Broli's character, that doesn't make him an interesting one in the films themselves. Movie 8 isn't too bad, but the arc as a whole is squandered in the same "concept is better than the execution" manner as things like GT.

Anyway, speaking of GT, tiny screenshots in V-Jump reconfirm Mutchi and shows the cult's figurehead Mutchi Motchi, as well as Llod's first, yellow form. So like I assumed, we were at least getting a comple more Machine Mutant related characters.

----

EDIT: One of the Heroes events is going on at Jump Festa right now. Tweets are flying in on Twitter about it, a lot of them being retweeted from the official V-Jump account. No pictures though...
  • All the avatars finally getting a "God Class" upgrade.
  • Demigra for GDM7.
Google translation isn't cutting it for some of these tweets...
  • 6、7弾の情報とか6弾pvとか第6宇宙のキャラの名前とかめちゃ喋るな
  • クロノア?時間の神クロノスから取ってるだろうから時の界王神関係のオリキャラか?
  • ゴッドミッション7弾でアバターがゴッドクラスアップ!! さらに暗黒神ドミグラやクロノアが登場!
  • いえ、幕張メッセに来ててステージで発表されました。
    そのほかにも邪悪一武道会という、映画で出てきた悪役しか使えないという対戦方式
    あとはゴッド玉がフォトンという新しいアビリティが出てきます
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:54 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:All the avatars finally getting a "God Class" upgrade.
Does that mean the Saiyan avatars will transform to either SSG or SSGSS?
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:03 am

I'm not comfortable saying yes without more information at my disposal. So, for now all it means is that all the avatars are getting a clothing upgrade beyond the "Super Class-up" from last time and they needed something higher up the chain in terms of impressive naming.

For what it's worth, I've seen no mention of new transformations for the Saiyans yet. But Heroes generally gives no shits on what it does, and all previous upgrades have come with transformations in tow (SS2 for Class-Up and SS3 for Super Class-up). So I definitely wouldn't rule out another transformation (be it SS4, SSG or SSGSS) as possibility.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:33 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:EDIT: One of the Heroes events is going on at Jump Festa right now. Tweets are flying in on Twitter about it, a lot of them being retweeted from the official V-Jump account. No pictures though...
  • All the avatars finally getting a "God Class" upgrade.
  • Demigra for GDM7.
Google translation isn't cutting it for some of these tweets...
  • 6、7弾の情報とか6弾pvとか第6宇宙のキャラの名前とかめちゃ喋るな
  • クロノア?時間の神クロノスから取ってるだろうから時の界王神関係のオリキャラか?
  • ゴッドミッション7弾でアバターがゴッドクラスアップ!! さらに暗黒神ドミグラやクロノアが登場!
  • いえ、幕張メッセに来ててステージで発表されました。
    そのほかにも邪悪一武道会という、映画で出てきた悪役しか使えないという対戦方式
    あとはゴッド玉がフォトンという新しいアビリティが出てきます
If they truly turn God, someone in this thread will be veeery quiet about it :lol:

Tweets:
  • They aren't really talking about sets 6 and 7, set 6's preview video and Universe 6 characters' names
  • Chronoa? If it's taken from the God of Time Chronos, is [he/she/it] an original character related to the Time Kaioushin?
  • In God Mission 7, the avatars will have a God Class Up!! And the Darkness God (maybe plural but, you know, Japanese and plurals... lol) Demigra and Chronoa will appear!
  • No, I/it(?) arrived at the Makuhari Messe and it was revealed in the [Dragon Ball Heroes] Stage. (<- it seems a response to some other tweet. This person might be talking about himself/herself or some other thing. Either way, it's nothing important.)
Other than that there will be a Jaakuichi Budoukai, a competition where you can only use villains from the movies.
Also, the God Dama will have a new ability called Photon.
Last edited by alakazam^ on Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:36 am

Blueper saiyan for everybody, I guess. :lol:

It wouldn't make sense for it to be ssjg now that blueper's the "new hotness".

Ah well, Heroes is Heroes, in all its lime-green oozaru Brolli glory(?).
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:44 am

It might be God instead of Blue, this way they can milk the Class Ups even more.