900 Minutes of Uncut Action, DBZ Season 1 Arrives

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dragondyle
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by dragondyle » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:04 pm

D_Icon917 wrote:How come Cooler's Revenge is the only video with Spanish lanuage option.
You mean only movie right?
You must have faith in who you are.

Acid_Reign
Advanced Regular

Post by Acid_Reign » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:33 pm

dragondyle wrote:You mean only movie right?
Uh, does that even really matter?

EvilGamerX
Beyond Newbie

Post by EvilGamerX » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:29 am

Actually kinda cause the Ultimate Uncut discs I think also had a Spanish option.
- Life is a game, play it!

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:41 am

EvilGamerX wrote:Actually kinda cause the Ultimate Uncut discs I think also had a Spanish option.
They did. And it's quite mind boggling, really.

FUNi throws in the Spanish-Mexican dub for the Coola movie out of nowhere, yet hasn't done this at all for the others. Then they include that dub with the Ultimate Uncut Editions and Ultimately Cut them out of production Editions (couldn't help myself).

It's rather inconsistant and annoying. If they're gonna give us the damn Spanish dub, continue doing so. Don't just throw it as us randomly and then take it away. :\ Hell, I like the UUE just for the fact that it gave me the chance to own the Spanish dub on DVD considering Telemundo stopped airing the series long ago (they never even got past Gohan turning Super Saiyan 2 here, either :<).

majinboogc
Not-So-Newbie

Post by majinboogc » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:04 pm

Tsukento wrote:
EvilGamerX wrote:Actually kinda cause the Ultimate Uncut discs I think also had a Spanish option.
They did. And it's quite mind boggling, really.

FUNi throws in the Spanish-Mexican dub for the Coola movie out of nowhere, yet hasn't done this at all for the others. Then they include that dub with the Ultimate Uncut Editions and Ultimately Cut them out of production Editions (couldn't help myself).

It's rather inconsistant and annoying. If they're gonna give us the damn Spanish dub, continue doing so. Don't just throw it as us randomly and then take it away. :\ Hell, I like the UUE just for the fact that it gave me the chance to own the Spanish dub on DVD considering Telemundo stopped airing the series long ago (they never even got past Gohan turning Super Saiyan 2 here, either :<).
What is more annoying is that as of now, Mexico seems to be more focused on releasing Saint Seiya than Dragon Ball Z. So it might be a while before they start putting out DVD sets of DBZ.

In the meantime, I'll start buying the Dragon Box singles, my videos are starting to wear out.
I am SaiyaKaizoku.

What happened happened and couldn't have happened any other way. - Morpheus (The Matrix Reloaded)

Brad Redfield
Regular

Post by Brad Redfield » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:47 pm

Ooooh boy...

http://forums.toonzone.net/showpost.php ... ostcount=1
Then, Dragon Ball Z remastered DVDs.
- Season 2 available 5/22/07 (35 episodes).
- Points out that it's digitally remastered in high definition, and has a Japanese music track included with English dialogue.
- Widescreen justification: "A ways to rejuvinate the brand with a young audience and introduce them to the greatest action adventure anime ever! There's a nine-year-old born every day."
Yeah...great way to show your faith in the series (and the fanbase) there, FUNimation. :roll:

On a more positive note, I seriously hope they find a way to nab One Piece. Please god please...!

Mystery Person X
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mystery Person X » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:07 pm

"There's a nine-year-old born every day"??

That's both a nonsensical statement and highly insulting to DBZ's existing fanbase of non-9-year-olds to whom they still have yet to release a complete and uncut version of the series.

Busaiku

Post by Busaiku » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:53 pm

FUNimation probably knows what its doing with this release.
I'm just amazed that they control nearly 1/4 of the entire market...

Brad Redfield
Regular

Post by Brad Redfield » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:44 pm

Busaiku wrote:FUNimation probably knows what its doing with this release.
Sadly, that couldn't be any farther from the truth. :P
I'm just amazed that they control nearly 1/4 of the entire market...
I'm not all that suprised, really. Considering the number of titles they have (FMA being a very big one) it is quite understandable...now Sony being in the top ten list and even outdoing Disney (who own the Ghibli label) is much more bizarre. Can anyone say FFVII: Advent Children?

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:08 am

- Points out that it's digitally remastered in high definition, and has a Japanese music track included with English dialogue.
- Widescreen justification: "A ways to rejuvinate the brand with a young audience and introduce them to the greatest action adventure anime ever! There's a nine-year-old born every day."
Oh, Jesus. This is just ridiculous. I mean, seriously, FUNi just hit a new low.
XBL Gamertag: Dragon Piece
Send me a message letting me know who you are
[quote="penguintruth"]In the case of the Mountain Dew, the DBZ dub is like drinking Mountain Dew and thinking, "I sure do love Coca Cola!"[/quote]

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:29 am

Brad Redfield wrote:Ooooh boy...

http://forums.toonzone.net/showpost.php ... ostcount=1
Yeah...great way to show your faith in the series (and the fanbase) there, FUNimation. :roll:

On a more positive note, I seriously hope they find a way to nab One Piece. Please god please...!

Dear God! Let's rape your favorite series, rerelease it in a decent format, take that away, promise you the moon and give you a block of cheese instead... Then insult our intelligence and calling the entire fanbase infantile... :roll: Seriously... Christ...

BrollysKin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrollysKin » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:24 am

I... Can't take this... Any longer! And now Funimation... You are going to pay! *turns into super saiyan and destroys everything Funimation*
Like Star Wars? Like Podcasts?
Check out the Star Wars Action News Forums: www.swactionnews.com

nathantheguitarist
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nathantheguitarist » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:33 am

Not everything FUNimation... everything "Dragonball Z" FUNimation.

But if your still intent on wiping all o' the bastards out, save me a set of Fullmetal Alchemist (w/ the tins + S.E. Movie), and Tenchi Muyo OVA 3 (w/ tin). ;)
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

BrollysKin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrollysKin » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:34 am

You can check the rubble, but I think I sent them straight to HFIL.
Like Star Wars? Like Podcasts?
Check out the Star Wars Action News Forums: www.swactionnews.com

G1Ravage
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by G1Ravage » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:51 am

Mystery Person X wrote:"There's a nine-year-old born every day"??

That's both a nonsensical statement and highly insulting to DBZ's existing fanbase of non-9-year-olds to whom they still have yet to release a complete and uncut version of the series.
There's a nine-year-old born every day?

Who would buy this SUUPA-DUUPA UNCUT GODLY BOXSET for a nine-year-old?

Now, if FUNi made these..."improvements", and then sold these sets in an EDITED form for those youngsters, and gave us uncut 4:3 sets, THEN it would make more sense. But they're no longer marketing this show toward little kids, and they haven't produced edited discs of ANYTHING in a long time.

This set SHOULD'VE been for us HARDCORE fans (or at the very least, more serious, older fans), who are looking for a COMPLETE, *complete* collection of the series. But they keep turning us off at every turn.

gohanku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by gohanku » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:44 am

They are calling us nine-year olds? That it! *Shoots a Kamehameha at them* They are assholes, trying to justifice their shit.
[quote="SSj Kaboom talking about Future Gohan in BT3"]I feel sorry for Future Gohan.

Everyone's like, "What?! What are you doing with [b][i]two[/i][/b] arms?! You tear that off right now, mister!"

Poor guy.[/quote]
Lol'ed.

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:30 am

To be honest, I think most their ratings came from 9-year-olds.
If challenge had a taste, you'd be quite delicious.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:32 am

gohanku wrote:They are calling us nine-year olds? That it! *Shoots a Kamehameha at them* They are assholes, trying to justifice their shit.
In all honesty, man... a response like that kinda justifies their description.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Pieter
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pieter » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:40 am

Didn't Dragonball in Japan have minimum required age of 13?

kvon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kvon » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:04 am

Pieter wrote:Didn't Dragonball in Japan have minimum required age of 13?
Nope. I assume that age "requirement" are in the same level as some kiddie shows such as Doraemon. It's a show for kids. Hell, I remember everybody was watching DBZ in the first grade in Taiwan, and I assure you, they weren't scared of the "gore"! :wink: And even without censorships, parents didn't complain.
kvon is an alternative name to Kevin