"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bansho64
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Bansho64 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:58 pm

TheMikado wrote:Also I can't be the only one loving Trunks in Kaioshin garb. This alone makes the manga worth it.
Absolutely with ya on that one. Weirdly, he reminds me of Kenshin from Rurouni Kenshin in that outfit.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:59 pm

OLKv3 wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
TheMikado wrote:
So if it was melted in a pit of lava would he be free or dead?
He'd be just fine, according to this guy.
How is that even the same thing? What a terrible argument. If he popped out of the sword in a pit of lava, he'd be dead. But here, the sword is turned to stone, and then broken. He should still pop out since the sword was broken

Nothing in DBZ said his life was tethered to the condition of the sword. You're acting like I'm saying something ridiculous as if this was fact when it never was. You're assuming just like I'm assuming, except now you're making up ridiculous arguments that were never stated

The only thing we know from DBZ is that he was sealed inside the sword, and freed when it was broken.
It didn't explicitely say something, therefore the opposite MUST be true!
Retired.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:05 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
He'd be just fine, according to this guy.
How is that even the same thing? What a terrible argument. If he popped out of the sword in a pit of lava, he'd be dead. But here, the sword is turned to stone, and then broken. He should still pop out since the sword was broken

Nothing in DBZ said his life was tethered to the condition of the sword. You're acting like I'm saying something ridiculous as if this was fact when it never was. You're assuming just like I'm assuming, except now you're making up ridiculous arguments that were never stated

The only thing we know from DBZ is that he was sealed inside the sword, and freed when it was broken.
Yet here you are saying "It's assumed, so it MUST be true"!

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:09 am

OLKv3 wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:

Yet here you are saying "It's assumed, so it MUST be true"!
No, I'm saying it's true because it's in the actual chapter. If you were right, he would have appeared.
Last edited by Jinzoningen MULE on Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retired.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:10 am

Knowing Dragon Ball, where you can seal the actual body of rather large demons and gods in rice cookers or tiny stone jars, Elder Kaioshin's body is probably literally in the sword. I imagine he turned to stone and shattered along with it, the same way a gummy bear would shatter if you could put it inside of a Jolly Rancher and then smashed it after freezing it with liquid nitrogen.

PS. Knock off the sarcastic attitudes.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:19 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:PS. Knock off the sarcastic attitudes.
I was trying to use sarcasm to make a point. I don't mind talking more directly, but does it violate some rule that I missed? Or is it more of a precaution to keep the peace?
Retired.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:30 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:I was trying to use sarcasm to make a point. I don't mind talking more directly, but does it violate some rule that I missed? Or is it more of a precaution to keep the peace?
A little of both depending on the circumstances. Kanzenshuu likes to foster friendly, engaging discussions between members. You're free to use sarcasm in jest or to make a point, but when it's being utilized in a dismissive manner for 2 pages or so now, it's time to dial it back a bit.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:34 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:I was trying to use sarcasm to make a point. I don't mind talking more directly, but does it violate some rule that I missed? Or is it more of a precaution to keep the peace?
A little of both depending on the circumstances. Kanzenshuu likes to foster friendly, engaging discussions between members. You're free to use sarcasm in jest or to make a point, but when it's being utilized in a dismissive manner for 2 pages or so now, it's time to dial it back a bit.
I apologize then, I've only been an active member recently, and haven't entirely gotten the feel of the site's general debating style yet.

I'm also on the arrogant side, so if you ever see me doing anything non-productive, feel free to call me out and I'll pull back. I don't want to cause anyone else trouble.
Retired.

Avery
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Avery » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:02 am

At least Toyotaro put some effort into this whole elder Kaioshin stuff. Is the flashback the only major thing in this chapter?
Grimlock wrote: [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Where are the earrings?
9/10
An angry Final Fantasy fan wrote: And after all the outrage, when I'm ready, I'll go out on to GameStop and buy a Persona 5 copy. And when my mother finds me investing my precious time trying to bond with this hot anime girl, I'll look straight into her eyes and say "but have you looked at the menu screen? have you actually seen the menu screen? In that very moment, she knows. She fucking knows. As she handles me the nugget pieces she previously cooked for me, she leaves my room with these words: "Persona 5 is the true savior of the JRPG".
VegettoEX wrote: In a blunt nutshell, no-one wants to read bullshit. Don't post bullshit. Be a cool person that posts cool things that other people would actually want to read. Don't be Zamasu from episode 63 talking to himself.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:07 am

Avery wrote:At least Toyotaro put some effort into this whole elder Kaioshin stuff. Is the flashback the only major thing in this chapter?
Grimlock wrote: [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Where are the earrings?
9/10
I don't think the earrings would work well with his hair. Love the Kaioshin garb, though.
Retired.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:27 am

I wonder if the earring thing is tied to the "new" role of the Potara apparently being all you need to be promoted/marked as a Kaioshin, thus they didn't include them in Trunks' change of wardrobe (unlike the present versions did for Gohan). Which would mean the Kaioshin and Kibito of Trunks' timeline are a bit more well informed, even if only sliiiiiightly?

Though you could also argue why they didn't just give him whatever non-Potara versions Zamasu had,... I guess maybe they don't know about those versions, as even Kibito was wearing the proper Potara for fusion? This of course ignores the out of universe fact that the concept presumably didn't exist when the Boo Arc was being written.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:30 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I wonder if the earring thing is tied to the "new" role of the Potara apparently being all you need to be promoted/marked as a Kaioshin, thus they didn't include them in Trunks' change of wardrobe (unlike the present versions did for Gohan). Which would mean the Kaioshin and Kibito of Trunks' timeline are a bit more well informed, even if only sliiiiiightly?
My head-canon retcon says that Gohan had false Potara, same as Zamasu.
Retired.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:53 am

[spoiler]Oh wow! If I'm reading correctly, in this version it's Kaioshin who tells Zamasu about Gokû and that's how he first learns of him.[/spoiler]
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:58 am

Full chapter is leaked!

What the hell! Zamasu is training with Kibito!? Why and what would Kaioshin of East do in Universe 10!? :o
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:59 am

Chuquita wrote:[spoiler]Oh wow! If I'm reading correctly, in this version it's Kaioshin who tells Zamasu about Gokû and that's how he first learns of him.[/spoiler]
In the present or in Trunks timeline?

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:02 am

Looks like in this chapter we get the background of Trunk's training, how he defeated Dabura, and shows that Black was watching even back then. Cuts back to the Future with Black and then back to the present. Zamasu and Gowasu are introduced and that little training regiment or sparring match with him was awesome! I'm glad the Barbarians weren't skipped over! I think its a 39 page count again too? I have no idea what the chapter said but I'm liking this over the episodes it covers in the anime. I'm guessing the next chapter will showcase Black vs Goku/Vegeta/Trunks all the way up to SSR.
Last edited by Xeztin on Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:04 am

OLKv3 wrote:
Chuquita wrote:[spoiler]Oh wow! If I'm reading correctly, in this version it's Kaioshin who tells Zamasu about Gokû and that's how he first learns of him.[/spoiler]
In the present or in Trunks timeline?
Present I'm pretty sure, since [spoiler]Kaioshin and Kibito get killed in Future Trunks' timeline earlier in the chapter. Unless things are really out of chronological order.[/spoiler]

Also, that transition scene [spoiler]of Future Tama the cat at the ruined Capsule Corp and Present Tama the cat at the not destroyed version was nice.[/spoiler]
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:19 am

[spoiler]So now Zamasu is chummy with our universe's Kaioshin, and learns about Goku from him. We also learn about the time rings before Black uses his.[/spoiler]

Don't know if I'd call those big changes, but they're changes nonetheless. They're taking their time with this arc instead of rushing through like they did the Tournament. Doing a lot of buildup before the action happens. Gotta wait another month before Black vs Goku :(

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:21 am

I'm actually surprised there was no Goku vs Black. Isn't some of the Zamasu stuff also from an episode after that fight? I might be jumping the gun, but it looks like that first round of Goku vs Black may not even happen in the manga. Perhaps.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:26 am

So yeah, in this version U7's Kaioshin is off visiting Gowasu and they have Zamasu spar against Kibito. I guess because they're both in the "servant" role, so why not pit them against each other like Pokémon? Anyway, Gowasu congratulates U7 Kaioshin for taking care of Majin Boo, but U7 Kaioshin responds that it was really all thanks to Goku and co. Zamasu is disturbed to learn that there are mortals out there stronger than gods. Oh, and it seems Zamasu started out as U10's North Kaio.

Beerus and Whis speculate that Black "selected" Trunks' alternate timeline specifically because there were no Kaioshins/Gods of Destruction there to get in his way, which to them implies he must be capable of travelling between parallel dimensions. Also, only high-ranking gods are supposed to know about the life connection between Kaioshins/Gods of Destruction, so how did Black find that out? This puts them on the lookout for any gods at risk of turning evil.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.