"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:30 pm

Chuquita wrote:I'm wondering how much of Gokû's knowledge or possibly memories he has and where he got the information he has on Gokû, Vegeta, and Beerus. I hope they explain in-universe why he's got different eyes than Gokû has.
I seen some people believe that Goku Black is from a timeline where Zamasu's soul is fused and bonded with Goku's body, resulting in the two fusing together. It could be like how Dan Phantom was from Danny Phantom.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:32 pm

alakazam^ wrote:
Grimlock wrote:Is there something interesting here?

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
It says Rose is Goku Black's version of Super Saiyajin and that it rivals Blue. It also points out that present and future Zamasu have different Potaras.
I think it has something to do with the Sakura pedals that float around Zamasu all the time, so it's probably a chosen color inspired by that.

Nekis13
Regular

Post by Nekis13 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:38 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:I can't remember, but did Black choose to have that hair colour he has? I don't remember if he said that. If so, I get familiar vibes of Freeza saying he picked the golden colour. Or perhaps it's just some alternate universe difference thing maybe.
I'm still pushing that it's Pink/Rose because that's the chromatic opposite(?) to Cyan/Blue
stay edgy

DeviantArt Thing: Drawings and stuff, also Dragon Ball

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:46 pm

Nejishiki wrote:From what I recall, Goku Black's remark with Super Saiyan Rosé related to its naming. Future Trunks did notice the color though. Clarity would be welcome.
This is Dragon Ball if there is a reason not to explain anything it won't be. It's been 25 years since Goku first went Super Saiyan (in the anime) we still don't know why the transformation spiked his hair, changed it to blonde/gold and gave him green eyes!
Dragon Ball's always had a roll with it approach when it comes to transformations.
Last edited by Baggie_Saiyan on Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:49 pm

:lol: I was referring to the specific dialogue in the episode. Thanks for that chuckle though.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:57 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: This is Dragon Ball if there is a reason not to explain anything it won't be. It's been 25 years since Goku first went Super Saiyan (in the anime) we still don't know why the transformation spiked his hair, changed it to blonde/gold
Because Toriyama/his assistants used to lose a lot of time inking Goku's hair, so he made it blonde (white in the manga).
I've the feeling I read that in a interview.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:02 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Nejishiki wrote:From what I recall, Goku Black's remark with Super Saiyan Rosé related to its naming. Future Trunks did notice the color though. Clarity would be welcome.
This is Dragon Ball if there is a reason not to explain anything it won't be. It's been 25 years since Goku first went Super Saiyan (in the anime) we still don't know why the transformation spiked his hair, changed it to blonde/gold
Because Toriyama/his assistants used to lose a lot of time inking Goku's hair, so he made it blonde (white in the manga).
Oh I've read about that. I was merely talking in-verse.
Nejishiki wrote::lol: I was referring to the specific dialogue in the episode. Thanks for that chuckle though.
I'm sure it was intentionally ambiguous, I feel Toyo will likely clarify things when he gets down that part (though anime may already be at the omni verse tournament at that point :lol: )

Swifticuffs
Beyond Newbie

Post by Swifticuffs » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:09 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: This is Dragon Ball if there is a reason not to explain anything it won't be. It's been 25 years since Goku first went Super Saiyan (in the anime) we still don't know why the transformation spiked his hair, changed it to blonde/gold
Oh I've read about that. I was merely talking in-verse.
Nejishiki wrote::lol: I was referring to the specific dialogue in the episode. Thanks for that chuckle though.
I'm sure it was intentionally ambiguous, I feel Toyo will likely clarify things when he gets down that part (though anime may already be at the omni verse tournament at that point :lol: )
I know this one is probably old as sin and debated before, but does anyone think it would have been smarter to just make SSJ God named "Saiyan God" with the base hair as red, then SSJGSSJ be "Super Saiyan God" with Super Saiyan hair colored red... am I the only dude who loves consistency like this?

I get it, they didn't expect BoG to blow up like that, and then they had to try their luck even moreso with BoG Freeza, but sheesh. I even love the blue, and I totally acknowledge Dragonball has consistently had "we don't explain it" situations. But this one makes the professional in me absolutely go bonkers sometimes, lol.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:17 pm

It's not easy to reconcile that. The original intention, to my understanding, was that Battle of Gods served to celebrate the series. Super Saiyan God's benefits were brief and written to be retained without need of performing the ritual again. It solved itself, really. I'll give Super Saiyan Blue's original moniker, "Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan", its fair defense; It actually was a powered up version of the original transformation! Aside from that, "it can't be helped".

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:19 pm

Swifticuffs wrote: I know this one is probably old as sin and debated before, but does anyone think it would have been smarter to just make SSJ God named "Saiyan God" with the base hair as red, then SSJGSSJ be "Super Saiyan God" with Super Saiyan hair colored red... am I the only dude who loves consistency like this?
I get it, they didn't expect BoG to blow up like that, and then they had to try their luck even moreso with BoG Freeza, but sheesh. I even love the blue, and I totally acknowledge Dragonball has consistently had "we don't explain it" situations. But this one makes the professional in me absolutely go bonkers sometimes, lol.
Reason the name can't be changed like that is because of marketing SSG was already marketed as what it was in BoG so having a new form with the same name would not be smart and will be confusing so they had to come up with something else so SSGSS, granted giving the name the offical Blue label might still cause some confusion but not as much as the other example.

As for why Blue? Well it's implied kinda sorta that SSGSS is fused between SSG and SS, so the result means we get a new colour. Or that like Freeza, Goku and Vegeta both chose Blue.

Swifticuffs
Beyond Newbie

Post by Swifticuffs » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:37 pm

Thanks for the clarification and conversation, pals. I appreciate it. I don't mind it so much after the "color fusion" response. I also like how people have theorized the Gold to Red to Blue flame comparison in terms of heat levels.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:03 pm

alakazam^ wrote:It also points out that present and future Zamasu have different Potaras.
I noticed this the other day. I wonder if it means anything.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:26 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
alakazam^ wrote:It also points out that present and future Zamasu have different Potaras.
The one Future Zamasu has are the same as Gowasu's right? I think it's symbolizing he kills him or steals them.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:39 pm

Xeztin wrote:The one Future Zamasu has are the same as Gowasu's right? I think it's symbolizing he kills him or steals them.
I think so, yeah. Black also has one that's the same. And probably so, since Future Gowasu is most likely dead.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Matthanor

Post by Matthanor » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:18 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Guys, in one of the last episodes, Gowasu wants to go 1000 yrs forwards to see planet babari's futur. But only kaioshin can use ring of time, so he gave Zamasu one green potara saying he s now officially a kaioshin. i think the colour is like a mark or a symbol of the rank of the god. So that's why everybody image a long time ago that zamasu would have to kill gowasu to take his potaras.

but i don't remember anything like that in dbz with east kaioshin / supreme kai from U7...

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:19 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Xeztin wrote:The one Future Zamasu has are the same as Gowasu's right? I think it's symbolizing he kills him or steals them.
I think so, yeah. Black also has one that's the same. And probably so, since Future Gowasu is most likely dead.
Unless Black is future Gowasu reincarnated. Like how evil Buu is reincarnated into Good Uub surely the opposite can happen?

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:24 pm

Just to entertain the thought, Future Gowasu doesn't have to die. He could have retired and passed Future Zamasu's rites naturally. It would make for a famous Toriyama loophole to involve an unofficial Kaioshin (think Old Kaioshin) in the story somehow. He could be a key to countering godly immortality with his knowledge. I'll acknowledge that it's unlikely. You would think he would be taken of no matter the circumstance. I based that on Future Yajirobe, but he's the lone player in hide and survive, I think.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:30 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote:
Unless Black is future Gowasu reincarnated. Like how evil Buu is reincarnated into Good Uub surely the opposite can happen?
I think the big thing with the ear-rings is to be able to tell present and future Zamasu apart but they'll probably have the death of Gowasu or some story tied to them too. I don't think present Zamasu will be alive much longer.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:17 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Swifticuffs wrote: I know this one is probably old as sin and debated before, but does anyone think it would have been smarter to just make SSJ God named "Saiyan God" with the base hair as red, then SSJGSSJ be "Super Saiyan God" with Super Saiyan hair colored red... am I the only dude who loves consistency like this?
Reason the name can't be changed like that is because of marketing SSG was already marketed as what it was in BoG so having a new form with the same name would not be smart and will be confusing so they had to come up with something else so SSGSS, granted giving the name the offical Blue label might still cause some confusion but not as much as the other example.

As for why Blue? Well it's implied kinda sorta that SSGSS is fused between SSG and SS, so the result means we get a new colour. Or that like Freeza, Goku and Vegeta both chose Blue.
Super Saiyan Blue is only the official name within Super. In all other products, the blue form is still called Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan. There is also nothing saying that Goku and Vegeta chose the color of Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:26 pm

HeroR wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

Super Saiyan Blue is only the official name within Super. In all other products, the blue form is still called Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan. There is also nothing saying that Goku and Vegeta chose the color of Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan.
In the manga I look at SSG as God Ki in base and because SSG acts as his base, he can turn into SSJ with the God Ki which turns it Blue. He's literally going Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan if you count the SSG as a base. I think the aura of the God Ki is originally red, since in the BoG saga they keep saying "I feel it burning withing you" etc.. When Red mixes with the Yellow of the SSG it makes... Blue for some reason.