"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Chuquita » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:14 pm

Sodhi wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Are these real?
[spoiler]Image
Source: http://itest.2ch.net//test/read.cgi/anime/1474422545/
I think it's interesting that it's Trunks and Vegeta that get episode billing. Something maybe happens to Gokû?[/spoiler]
Yep these are legit half titles.
Thank you! I appreciate it!
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

ailema88
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ailema88 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:15 pm

Omg this gets better and better :clap: :clap:

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:18 pm

Waiting patiently for Herms to translate it. :angel:
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:21 pm

I thought Toriyama hates Vegeta though.... I mean there was a meme to even prove it! These must be fake! :P

Seriously hope we have the entire October with no break. Please. These breaks actually kill momentum cuz they feel so loooong.

Also half titles, interested in the other half. Presumably Goku is with Beerus and Whis and doesn't go back with Trunks.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:24 pm

I'm guessing that Zen-chan will call Goku again to come to his place, leaving Trunks and Vegeta to fight Zamasu and Black. Previous title spoilers says Trunks goes back to the future again to check things out, so i wonder if he and Vegeta are the only one who will come.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:26 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Seriously hope we have the entire October with no break. Please. These breaks actually kill momentum cuz they feel so loooong.
Normally, next break should come around end of december, so i think we are good when it comes to breaks for rest of this year.
Last edited by Sodhi on Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:26 pm

Khin wrote:
HeroR wrote:Destroying Bulma's barrier isn't saying much and Beerus called Super Saiyan 3 Goku a prodigy when he unconsciously back away when Beerus was about to attack, well he called Vegeta a weakling even after he surpassed Goku during his rage boost.
Destroying Bulma's barrier is a big deal because he destroyed those with a single attack when he went all out, whereas he wasn't able to do anything to it before with multiple punches when he was holding back. There's a difference between calling someone a prodigy and pretty good, and it's arguable that Trunks is stronger than Enraged Vegeta given his showing against Black and Beerus' statement, but that's not the point. In your first post above, you said Trunks can't be stronger than Goku in the same forms because he wasn't able to do anything against Super Saiyan 2 Goku, and I merely pointed out that you can't use that part to gauge Trunks' strength because he didn't went all out until Goku turned Super Saiyan 3.
What's the different in context in Beerus calling Trunks pretty good, calling Super Saiyan 3 Goku a prodigy, and calling an enraged Vegeta a weakling.

The context of the original question was, was Trunks' base form stronger that Goku and Vegeta's. All evidence in the anime points to no.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:36 pm

HeroR wrote:What's the different in context in Beerus calling Trunks pretty good, calling Super Saiyan 3 Goku a prodigy, and calling an enraged Vegeta a weakling.

The context of the original question was, was Trunks' base form stronger that Goku and Vegeta's. All evidence in the anime points to no.
When Beerus called Goku a prodigy, he was referring to how Goku dodged without thinking. When Beerus called Vegeta weak, he was referring to how Vegeta is too weak to be the Super Saiyan God. When Beerus called Trunks pretty good, he's clearly referring to his performance against Goku.

You're using Trunks' sparring against SS2 Goku as an “evidence” despite the fact that it's not Trunks' full power. Given how well Trunks did against Black and Zamasu, it's possible that he's stronger than Goku in the same form.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:37 pm

Here we go, Mr. herms confirmed the half titles :)
https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/779373822365405185

Swifticuffs
Beyond Newbie

Post by Swifticuffs » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:38 pm

Khin wrote:
HeroR wrote:What's the different in context in Beerus calling Trunks pretty good, calling Super Saiyan 3 Goku a prodigy, and calling an enraged Vegeta a weakling.

When Beerus called Goku a prodigy, he was referring to how Goku dodged without thinking. When Beerus called Vegeta weak, he was referring to how Vegeta is too weak to be the Super Saiyan God. When Beerus called Trunks pretty good, he's clearly referring to his performance against Goku.

You're using Trunks' sparring against SS2 Goku as an “evidence” despite the fact that it's not Trunks' full power. Given how well Trunks did against Black and Zamasu, it's possible that he's stronger than Goku in the same form.
I'd say there's a better chance of that being true via the manga, what with the Vegeta quote. In the anime, most signs seem to be pointing towards Trunks being weaker.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:43 pm

Khin wrote:

Black beat up Super Saiyan 2 Trunks when they first met and he has only gotten stronger since then. Black was also never impressed with Trunks while he practically drooled fighting Goku even as a Super Saiyan 2. So Trunks being stronger than Goku in the same form is extremely unlikely.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:43 pm

Swifticuffs wrote:I'd say there's a better chance of that being true via the manga, what with the Vegeta quote. In the anime, most signs seem to be pointing towards Trunks being weaker.
Could be, could not be. The point is that Trunks' fight against SS2 Goku can't be used as an evidence that he's weaker than Goku, given that he was just holding back at that time.
HeroR wrote:Black beat up Super Saiyan 2 Trunks when they first met and he has only gotten stronger since then. Black was also never impressed with Trunks while he practically drooled fighting Goku even as a Super Saiyan 2. So Trunks being stronger than Goku in the same form is extremely unlikely.
It was explained that Black against Trunks before escaping to the present stronger than in his fight Super Saiyan 2 Goku. Also, I didn't saw anything about Black not being impressed by Trunks, In fact he treated him as someone that can oppose him, given that he was very happy when he though that Trunks will be forever trapped in the present.
Last edited by Khin on Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Swifticuffs
Beyond Newbie

Post by Swifticuffs » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:46 pm

Khin wrote:
Swifticuffs wrote:I'd say there's a better chance of that being true via the manga, what with the Vegeta quote. In the anime, most signs seem to be pointing towards Trunks being weaker.
Could be, could not be. The point is that Trunks' fight against SS2 Goku can't be used as an evidence that he's weaker than Goku, given that he was just holding back at that time.
Sounds about fair. I'd say better evidence is Black vs SSJ2 Goku and Black vs SSJ2 (presumably many encounters) Trunks. Black's power rises from "pain" (zenkai maybe?) and as such, he had an even (if not he was outclassed by) fight with SSJ2 Goku when presumably stronger than his SSJ2 Trunks fights. And Trunks was, as it's inferred, never a match.

So yeah. The bit you're saying is true. Can't prove it via SSJ2 Goku vs Trunks. Easily proven by comparison of their individual Black fights.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:48 pm

Again. Black versus Goku was stated to be weaker than Black versus Trunks in the future.
Last edited by Khin on Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Swifticuffs
Beyond Newbie

Post by Swifticuffs » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:49 pm

Khin wrote:Again. Black versus Goku was stated to be weaker than Black versus Trunks in the future.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Ah, I forget that quote. Hm, good point. Perhaps they're more even than I thought. Strange, though. Trunks struggled so hard during Cell Saga and had not much to train vs or with since returning to future and achieves SSJ2 power rivaling Goku and surpassing Vegeta. Oh well, guess the creators like him a lot. Can't blame them, he's cool. Just it's yet another DBS nonsensical item. Chalk it up! haha

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:51 pm

Is it just me or your post is very messy ? [Edit: NVM] Anyway, we should continue this discussion in the Power Level Thread rather than here.

Swifticuffs
Beyond Newbie

Post by Swifticuffs » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:53 pm

Khin wrote:Is it just me or your post is very messy ? [Edit: NVM] Anyway, we should continue this discussion in the Power Level Thread rather than here.
Yeah, it was due to poor html tagging by me. I went to spoiler tag the pic as you did since it was GIGANTIC and I botched it like ten times.

Not a big topic for me to debate, as I don't care much to deliberate DBS powers. It's tough enough to make rhyme or reason of Buu saga powers as is.

But those episode titles seem promising! But what can they accomplish just a few eps after...

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:54 pm

Khin wrote:
HeroR wrote:Black beat up Super Saiyan 2 Trunks when they first met and he has only gotten stronger since then. Black was also never impressed with Trunks while he practically drooled fighting Goku even as a Super Saiyan 2. So Trunks being stronger than Goku in the same form is extremely unlikely.
It was explained that Black against Trunks before escaping to the present stronger than in his fight Super Saiyan 2 Goku. Also, I don't anything about Black not being impressed by Trunks, In fact he treated him as someone that can oppose him, given that he was very happy when he though that Trunks will be forever trapped in the present.
He treated Trunks as annoyance. He could have killed him at any time, and even mused as much when Trunks tried to fight him for killing Mai, saying you have no chance. And Super Saiyan 2 Trunks didn't even get a hit in when he first met Black.

When Trunks said Black was stronger in the future, it's because Black was only matching Super Saiyan 2 Goku when he's at least as strong as Super Saiyan 3 Goku.
Kanassa wrote:

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:56 pm

What the titles actually mean:

Episode 62: Trunks gets beat up by Black for the third time in this arc and starts being emotional. Vegeta steps in all arrogant.

Episode 63: Vegeta thinks Black got lucky last time, consequently gets beat up again by Black and has one of his sulks. Goku gets prepared to fight Black for the third time and thinks he knows how to beat him.

This arc is just a bunch of constant rematch fights and is the definition of boring. This is what happens when you have such few characters on each side.

The next arc needs to hurry up now. I am also probably the only person here who likes the tournament arc more at this stage.

Swifticuffs
Beyond Newbie

Post by Swifticuffs » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:00 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:What the titles actually mean:

Episode 62: Trunks gets beat up by Black for the third time in this arc and starts being emotional. Vegeta steps in all arrogant.

Episode 63: Vegeta thinks Black got lucky last time, consequently gets beat up again by Black and has one of his sulks. Goku gets prepared to fight Black for the third time and thinks he knows how to beat him.

This arc is just a bunch of constant rematch fights and is the definition of boring. This is what happens when you have such few characters on each side.

The next arc needs to hurry up now. I am also probably the only person here who likes the tournament arc more at this stage.
The mystery of the construction of Black and the unfolding of Zamasu's fall makes this a good Arc. It's also not easy to guess ever, and has us always double taking.

You're right on the lack of characters, though. Would be awesome to include in Hit or maybe even Cabba. It benefits from lack of the weak ones like Piccolo, though.