"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:32 am

Are there any voice actors confirmed for the Super characters?
"You think you can defeat me? Using the power of those MOSQUITOS?! I am the legendary WARRIOR!" - Broly (Big Green Dub)

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:14 am

The S wrote:
Sodhi wrote:Hit is not DLC, he is included in game roster according to Rhymestyle. Cabba and Frost are DLC.
what the heck is a Rhymestyle
Dragon Ball Youtuber

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:19 am

KinguKurimuzon wrote:So wait a second, Hit is in the main game but Cabba and Frost, two characters from the same arc who also had fights before him, are being held back as DLC?
They said that development started on xenoverse 2 before Super started so they probably only had enough time for Hit. That is probably why we are getting more dlc this time.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:41 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
KinguKurimuzon wrote:So wait a second, Hit is in the main game but Cabba and Frost, two characters from the same arc who also had fights before him, are being held back as DLC?
They said that development started on xenoverse 2 before Super started so they probably only had enough time for Hit. That is probably why we are getting more dlc this time.
Even so, I really hope Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2 has more than just what we have seen so far as I...

Can't wait to help the true characters from Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, and Dragon Ball GT take on the twisted abominations from Dragon Ball Super! :twisted:

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:46 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
I'm starting to doubt that quote now considering they had a cgi teaser for Hit now. I understood why they went to do Black and Trunks because deveeloping them was basically developing a new skin for Goku and Trunks.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:58 am

There should have never been any doubt that Super content would be included in the game since it was a poster on the initial website. Of course so was DB but maybe that will be left for DLC. The game just got a whole lot better with the inclusion of Hit and things just got better in the sense of Super coming stateside. If I remember correctly the same happened for the RoF content. It was first confirmed for DLC and then Funi gave the info on it coming here shortly thereafter.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:16 am

Whoo, Hit! And he's part of the game's normal roster, not DLC? Huh. Hoping we get Magetta and Botamo too - I'm indifferent on Champa and Vados since we've never really gotten to see them fight, but it'd still be pretty great to see them pop up too.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Spenzer
Beyond Newbie

Post by Spenzer » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:37 am

Does anyone know what the scan says?
Is there a translation?

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:14 am

THEGOKU wrote:There should have never been any doubt that Super content would be included in the game since it was a poster on the initial website. Of course so was DB but maybe that will be left for DLC. The game just got a whole lot better with the inclusion of Hit and things just got better in the sense of Super coming stateside. If I remember correctly the same happened for the RoF content. It was first confirmed for DLC and then Funi gave the info on it coming here shortly thereafter.
It should be noted that Beerus and Whis were in Battle of Z long before Battle of Gods got dub.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:34 am

THEGOKU wrote:There should have never been any doubt that Super content would be included in the game since it was a poster on the initial website. Of course so was DB but maybe that will be left for DLC.
Actual original Super content (not BoG or "F") wasn't planned outside of Trunks and Black. Rhymestyle mentioned that Hit was originally intended to be DLC. He was the very last character worked on and that he was told the previous beta version of the game they played during one of their invitational playtests actually had zero data for him. Dimps decided to work super hard to squeeze Hit into the base game due to his immense popularity from the poll that was set up and sent off to Bandai Namco.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:38 am

HeroR wrote:
THEGOKU wrote:There should have never been any doubt that Super content would be included in the game since it was a poster on the initial website. Of course so was DB but maybe that will be left for DLC. The game just got a whole lot better with the inclusion of Hit and things just got better in the sense of Super coming stateside. If I remember correctly the same happened for the RoF content. It was first confirmed for DLC and then Funi gave the info on it coming here shortly thereafter.
It should be noted that Beerus and Whis were in Battle of Z long before Battle of Gods got dub.
I wanted to say that but since I didn't care much for that game I wasn't 100% sure on that info but thanks for clearing it up.
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
THEGOKU wrote:There should have never been any doubt that Super content would be included in the game since it was a poster on the initial website. Of course so was DB but maybe that will be left for DLC.
Actual original Super content (not BoG or "F") wasn't planned outside of Trunks and Black. Rhymestyle mentioned that Hit was originally intended to be DLC. He was the very last character worked on and that he was told the previous beta version of the game they played during one of their invitational playtests actually had zero data for him. Dimps decided to work super hard to squeeze Hit into the base game due to his immense popularity from the poll that set up and sent off to Bandai Namco.
My phrasing is because I see both those movies as Super content but I get what you mean about any material outside of the films since it came after the success of both movies. With Hit being in the game then and put in as it seems last minute I wonder if that means it will be a bonus mission or an actual part of the story since he just made the cut according to what you said.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:50 am

If that poll Rhymestyle posted is anything to go by, most likely besides Champa and Vados, Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan with Kaio-ken Goku will also be a DLC character, as he was the runner-up. I don't see Botamo and Magetta (mainly Magetta) joining the game, and seriously... Is there a need for those two?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:56 am

Honestly, I'd rather have both of those over that being a separate character for Goku. They could easily just have it be a form that SSB Goku turns into, or just give SSB Goku access to Kaio-ken as a move, and achieve the same thing really.

Besides, Magetta is awesome and easily my second favorite U6 fighter. I really hope he makes the cut.
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:11 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Honestly, I'd rather have both of those over that being a separate character for Goku. They could easily just have it be a form that SSB Goku turns into, or just give SSB Goku access to Kaio-ken as a move, and achieve the same thing really.

Besides, Magetta is awesome and easily my second favorite U6 fighter. I really hope he makes the cut.
I can see them making that form a transformation rather than a separate character. But I would say he probably would need a couple different moves in that transformation. Aside from that Both those fighters really don't have to be in the game. We don't need every fighter and every form especially for a game where the main point is about certain fights in history changing. They wouldn't add anything to the story at all.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:29 am

Last edited by Noah on Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:32 am

THEGOKU wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:Honestly, I'd rather have both of those over that being a separate character for Goku. They could easily just have it be a form that SSB Goku turns into, or just give SSB Goku access to Kaio-ken as a move, and achieve the same thing really.

I can see them making that form a transformation rather than a separate character. But I would say he probably would need a couple different moves in that transformation. Aside from that Both those fighters really don't have to be in the game. We don't need every fighter and every form especially for a game where the main point is about certain fights in history changing. They wouldn't add anything to the story at all.
That's why I've more or less been fine with them doling out those other forms little by little in sequels, so that we pop into the timeline at different points than before - like how we've got Imperfect Cell this time around.
Twitter

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:16 pm

So Hit is in the game afterall. So when you people were telling me that they weren't in the game because they'd already done planning before Super began I didn't know what I was talking about... then that wasn't true at all was it?

No excuse then not to have Champa or Vados or maybe even Botamo and Magetta either.

SSJ.Natto
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SSJ.Natto » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:26 pm

I doubt we will see magetta or botamo in this game, even with dlc. And honestly I don't really care about them. I would rather have other characters, such as dabura, kaioshin, other movie characters or even frost's first form.

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:31 pm

This is some exciting news. And based on what Rhymestyle said, Bandai is clearly listening to the fan requests. I was already hyped on the game, but this has taken it to a whole new level. I'm always excited for a powerful non saiyan characters l. Hopefully we'll get my boy Pikkon in the near future. I have a feeling the remaining movie characters will come via DLC at some point. Also hoping to get Fat Janemba as a expert Mission fight.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:57 pm

YYEEEEESSSSSS!!!

Hit, my boy! I'm so damn excited about this. You have restored some my faith in you DIMPS after you seemed to drop the ball with the roster. Now just throw in Magetta and Champ and I can die happy.