"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

THEGOKU
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by THEGOKU » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:57 pm

Not that I am a Mod and of course by now people should know before they click or open a spoiler tag but lets not forget to use them so we don't ruin anything for those who don't wanna know just yet.

On another note. Great Scott! This is a very exciting bit of news to receive.

Will
Beyond Newbie

Post by Will » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:07 pm

Chelentano
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Chelentano » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:10 pm

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:Ok sooo...
[spoiler]SSJ3 Bardock from Heroes is in the game.[/spoiler]
Time for me to leave this thread for a week!
Steam profile: psn_chelentano
Xenoverse 2 characters: Rugal (female Saiyan), Salacadula (male Majin), Sleet (Freezer race)

SSJ.Natto
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SSJ.Natto » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:10 pm

[spoiler]D: my gosh!!!! he is!!! The hype is over 9000!!!!![/spoiler]

Spenzer
Beyond Newbie

Post by Spenzer » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:18 pm

Thats awesome!
Where are these pics/info coming from?
I hope we get more soon ! I cant contain the hype lol

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:25 pm

Looks like we still have some nice surprises in store, folks.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

SSJ.Natto
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SSJ.Natto » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:27 pm

And rhymestyle said that there will be plenty of surprised when we get the actual game. I have high hopes for it! xD

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:29 pm

[spoiler]Hmm, if we're getting the likes of a SS3 form for Bardock in the game, I wonder how likely it is we'll see the return of the form for Vegeta and Broly?[/spoiler]
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:31 pm

:sick:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:34 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:[spoiler]Hmm, if we're getting the likes of a SS3 form for Bardock in the game, I wonder how likely it is we'll see the return of the form for Vegeta and Broly?[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Depends. Those two have long been associated with the Raging Blast (even though they first debuted months prior in Dragon Battlers). I don't remember if Dimps developed that and Heroes because the in game models are very similar to those seen in Budokai 3 but if they did have a hand in the two card games I can see them having some sort of right to use them. However I dont see SSJ3 Vegeta being as hot now as he was back in 09. A SSJG Vegeta maybe. Broly sells simply existing sadly so anything with him is gonna make money.[/spoiler]
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:36 pm

THEGOKU wrote:
Grimlock wrote:Something is not right with that list of achievements/trophies, it doesn't list stuff of GT portion, considering GT will be part of the Story Mode.
That didn't even come to mind. Hmm it could be incomplete then. I hope so.
Maybe they will have Super Yi Xing Long, Super 17 and Bebi appear in a original story arc in the game or maybe throw them into the DBZ storyline. Like Bebi showing up in the Buu saga.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

SSJ.Natto
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SSJ.Natto » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:37 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:[spoiler]Hmm, if we're getting the likes of a SS3 form for Bardock in the game, I wonder how likely it is we'll see the return of the form for Vegeta and Broly?[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Depends. Those two have long been associated with the Raging Blast (even though they first debuted months prior in Dragon Battlers). I don't remember if Dimps developed that and Heroes because the in game models are very similar to those seen in Budokai 3 but if they did have a hand in the two card games I can see them having some sort of right to use them. However I dont see SSJ3 Vegeta being as hot now as he was back in 09. A SSJG Vegeta maybe. Broly sells simply existing sadly so anything with him is gonna make money.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]I don't think we will have any form of Vegeta that is not canon as of now, since, well, he did reach SSB. As for Broly, i think they will settle for his time breaker form, so I also don't think we will get anything else on him.[/spoiler]

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:41 pm

SSJ.Natto wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:
[spoiler]I don't think we will have any form of Vegeta that is not canon as of now, since, well, he did reach SSB. As for Broly, i think they will settle for his time breaker form, so I also don't think we will get anything else on him.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]I figure even if either form is there, it won't be something that the game treats as a big deal - well, maybe Broly. But especially Vegeta, it would probably just be someting that one of hihs 'versions' in the game would be able to do, and he'd whip it out on us during the middle of a Parallel Quest or something. Kind of like how Bardock having Super Saiyan in the first game was basically a 'huh, so it's there' kinda thing.[/spoiler]
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:45 pm

What. :shock:

I mean... What. :| :? :crazy:

SSJ.Natto
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SSJ.Natto » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:46 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
SSJ.Natto wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:
[spoiler]I figure even if either form is there, it won't be something that the game treats as a big deal - well, maybe Broly. But especially Vegeta, it would probably just be someting that one of hihs 'versions' in the game would be able to do, and he'd whip it out on us during the middle of a Parallel Quest or something. Kind of like how Bardock having Super Saiyan in the first game was basically a 'huh, so it's there' kinda thing.[/spoiler]
Yeah, most likely!

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:47 pm

[spoiler]I honestly thank god that SS4 Broly isn't in the game.[/spoiler]

Sailor Haumea
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sailor Haumea » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:49 pm

I'm praying PSS Goku is in the game.
"That's right, everyone of my race can become a giant gorilla!" - Tullece (AB Groupe dub)

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:52 pm

SS3 Bardock is cool, hope one of his his masked variant can do it to.

With Towa and Mira messing with time alternate characters and power ups are ok in my book as we have a logical reason for them to exist

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:52 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:SS3 Bardock is cool, hope one of his his masked (Evil/Puppet) variant can do it to.

With Towa and Mira messing with time alternate characters and power ups are ok in my book as we have a logical reason for them to exist

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:53 pm

[spoiler]I mean since we now have SSJ3 Bardock and the game has surprised us with other things already I don't see why we can't have something like that in the game already or even as DLC. They could simply depending on the success of it all even do a DLC with SSJ3 versions of Broly, Vegeta and even Trunks. My only worry is that if we get all these characters is us getting no true new supers and ultimate attacks for them and it just ending up like BT3 in terms of differences.[/spoiler]