"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

kinisking
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by kinisking » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:43 am

Zamasu55 wrote:So no Vegito? :lol:
This show just gets worse and worse.
Okay Zamasu 55 :roll:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:46 am

It's only been an hour, but I feel a strong need to repeat myself:
Alruneia wrote:These titles and (small) descriptions aren't enough to dismiss Vegito entirely.
The fusion has not been confirmed to not happen. Don't treat these leaks as such; we're going to start bordering on misinformation soon. Until the end of the arc is in sight and we know titles, and to a lesser degree descriptions, all the way to the end, Vegito has not been confirmed to not appear, and you should absolutely not go around claiming or thinking it has been. Don't forget the amount of hints we looked at before this leak and how we've been something like 99 % certain Vegito will appear. Today's leaks do not debunk that idea.

I'm not saying I'm a huge Vegito fan who's upset he won't appear, or that he's been confirmed to appear. I'm saying it's not confirmed that he won't appear. So please, don't jump to conclusions so quickly.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:48 am

I'd love it if it were true but they were right about single voice so Vegetto is very much still on the cards and people need to chill man.

ekrolo2 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Well Black doesn't exist anymore.
He's a part of Merged Zamasu and should have all of his memories. Unless we're going to start pretending fusion erases those to make Super look less shitty.
Or maybe Black was unable to use KK or just didn't care about it.
Let's just make sure it is SSGSSKK lol. GD101 said it maybe Goku doing shenanigans with Shunkanido so could be something like that.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:50 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Or maybe Black was unable to use KK or just didn't care about it.
Let's just make sure it is SSGSSKK lol. GD101 said it maybe Goku doing shenanigans with Shunkanido so could be something like that.
I doubt he wouldn't care about it. He enjoys the thrill of battle and by forcing Goku and the others into fighting harder, he would give himself more avenues for strength growth. Not to mention he seems pretty durable, unlike many other DB characters, Black seems pretty fine no matter how hard you beat him up, Vegeta's pummelling certainly didn't knock him off his game for any long period of time.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:03 am

Chuquita wrote:I was never that excited about "The return of Vegetto" since fusion sacrifices interaction between the characters who makes up the fusion for a single more balanced yet less interesting personality because of it character imo. I want to hope they have a more creative ending in mind.
Same here, fusion is okay but it's not my favorite thing..
Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't it somewhat confirmed by the voice actors that we will be seeing fusion? :wtf:
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

samuo2
Not-So-Newbie

Post by samuo2 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:09 am

If I've understood well, SSJ Blue Kaïo Ken was a Toei add. And they passed by 2 or 3 episodes slice of life to justify that Kaïo Ken will never appears in the show because it's too hard to support the side effect, Gokû would probably die if he used it one more time bla bla bla...

And as a Toei add, he's probably not in Toriyama's script, and use it after this serie of episode to justify its disapearance would be one step forward and two steps back.
And it's the same for Fusion, the characters says three times that they won't fusion since they get their bodies back.

The titles doesn't confirmed that Fusion will not happen, but nothing concrete confirmed that Fusion will happen too, except fake titles and Dragon Ball Heroes..?
[Edit: There is also a confirmation from seiyuus that they record a scene together it can be a flashback, or a sentence in common during a screaming attack of something-else, it isn't that revelant.]
Fusion is as legit as any other possibility, it's like the Kaïo Ken one of the only way we know to increase chances of our heroes to win, but they are not the only which exists.
Let's see if scenarists has enough imagination to make something which doesn't already exists in DB-verse.
English isn't my native Language, please be understanding with faults and other grammatical mistakes, and don't hesitate to correct me !

FTW395
Not-So-Newbie

Post by FTW395 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:39 am

No vegito? Good, we might finally see something original in this series instead of just the same old rehashed moves from the original Dragonball series.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:46 am

I fail to see how an incredibly vague (and potentially fake) single sentence description of a single episode deconfirms Vegetto appearing this arc.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:01 am

ArchedThunder wrote:I fail to see how an incredibly vague (and potentially fake) single sentence description of a single episode deconfirms Vegetto appearing this arc.
It doesn't.
It doesn't and I'm getting worked up because of people not realising that. I'm not the only one to say that in this thread, and I've already made two posts about it, so still believing otherwise can only really mean not reading the thread... but reading the thread is necessary to even draw the erroneous conclusion and post about it in the first place! :x :x :x

So, once again, I would like to make this very, very clear:

It's NOT CONFIRMED that Vegito will not appear.

Checking your 2222, by the way. Nice digits.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:04 am

It doesn't mean Vegetto won't appear period, but if the arc really does go on for another 5-8 episodes and his reveal isn't spoiled by then, he's not coming. If they spoiled KKBlue, the Mafuba, Black's identity and Super Trunks, they'll spoil Vegetto
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:17 am

Watch this it'll turn out Zamasu wasn't allowedd to destroy life like Gowasu said and he will no longer be a god. Boy would that screw with Zamasu's ego :lol:

Chelentano
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Chelentano » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:23 am

Chuquita wrote:I was never that excited about "The return of Vegetto" since fusion sacrifices interaction between the characters who makes up the fusion for a single more balanced yet less interesting personality because of it character imo. I want to hope they have a more creative ending in mind.
Exactly my thought. Never liked the idea to bring back Vegetto just cause and I hope that he won't be coming. I want something more original (and I'm not referring to a new fusion), but maybe that's ask too much for Super.
Steam profile: psn_chelentano
Xenoverse 2 characters: Rugal (female Saiyan), Salacadula (male Majin), Sleet (Freezer race)

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:29 am

I feel like there's been too much foreshadowing of them "working together" for Vegetto not to appear. Remember, the saiyans don't want to fuse naturally, and it would have to be a desperate un-winnable situation for them to fuse. I think this Life-risking attack that Goku will do will make them consider the potara fusion. In any case, if I were a betting I'd say that will see Vegetto at the very end of the arc. The dual screen shots of Goku and Vegeta, Whis's comments, the appearance of the Kaioshins, it's all too much to dismiss. Then again it would be incredibly duplicitous of the writers to throw that much out there for it not to be true. But my experience watching the show is that the little hints about the potara rings on Black and Zamasu seemed to indicate that they would eventually fuse, and guess what they did. So, I'm with the others, until the titles come out and confirms Vegetto won't appear, I'll continue to believe he will show up.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:34 am

If both the spoiler of vegetto appearing and goku's life risking attack destroying his wall of light to be true..

It could be that goku's attack leaves him near death and Vegeta definitely can't beat them by himself, as there are no Dragonballs in future both are forced to fuse for Goku to carry on living..

That would also explain the fact why they would agree to fuse after making it very clear in rof they will not do it..

And why they will again be hesitant to become vegetto in the future as they still do not want to fuse anyway..

Seems like a good way to solve most of the problems
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:38 am

MagmonKai wrote:I feel like there's been too much foreshadowing of them "working together" for Vegetto not to appear. Remember, the saiyans don't want to fuse naturally, and it would have to be a desperate un-winnable situation for them to fuse. I think this Life-risking attack that Goku will do will make them consider the potara fusion. In any case, if I were a betting I'd say that will see Vegetto at the very end of the arc. The dual screen shots of Goku and Vegeta, Whis's comments, the appearance of the Kaioshins, it's all too much to dismiss. Then again it would be incredibly duplicitous of the writers to throw that much out there for it not to be true. But my experience watching the show is that the little hints about the potara rings on Black and Zamasu seemed to indicate that they would eventually fuse, and guess what they did. So, I'm with the others, until the titles come out and confirms Vegetto won't appear, I'll continue to believe he will show up.
Working together doesn't necessarily equal fusion. It could mean just simply fighting together, which is what Whis was referring to with Freeza.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:41 am

While I obviously realize he hasn't been debunked, I do wonder why Vegetto wasn't hinted at yet. It would actually be even more amazing if he appears halfway through an episode and one-shots Merged Zamasu, then is unfused the next time we see him.

But you know Zamasu is immortal so pay no mind.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:13 pm

Well I am on the wagon that don't want to see Vegetto again. It's a cheap and completely unoriginal way to defeat Zamasu. I'm still hoping that instead of fusion, they defeat him in a way that no-one could imagine.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:20 pm

Sandubadear wrote:Well I am on the wagon that don't want to see Vegetto again. It's a cheap and completely unoriginal way to defeat Zamasu. I'm still hoping that instead of fusion, they defeat him in a way that no-one could imagine.
Vegetto wouldn't necessarily defeat him though, someone could go back and get the paper amulet while Vegetto fights and then Trunks could seal Zamasu away with the Mafuba.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:22 pm

First Rosé Black figure...

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:25 pm

Can you guys just fucking wait and see how this shit plays out first like the guy above Said there's no confirmation that vegito won't appear just wait and see how the episodes will play out first instead oh he won't appear/he will shit.