Spanish DBZ Up on Z-Store

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lavender Saiyan
Regular

Spanish DBZ Up on Z-Store

Post by Lavender Saiyan » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:57 pm

Z-Store has just today put up the DVD's along with Cover Art for the Spanish DBZ release.

El Encuentro de los Saiyajin

El Plan de Piccolo

As you can see DVD 2 is infact "El Plan de Piccolo"
[b]*Supporter of the Remastered Season Sets*[/b]
*Dodges rocks*

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:04 pm

Wow, this just reaffirms my theory even further. The cover art is totally a ripoff of the corresponding Ultimate Uncut volumes, and I'm going to make a leap and guess that "Saga de Vegeta" is probably meant to be a translation of "Vegeta Saga".

dasmith
Not-So-Newbie

Post by dasmith » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:14 pm

This just makes it even more frustrating that they didn't just continue the freaking UUE singles.

Just another low blow from FUNi for their English-speaking fan base.

Still, even though I have no knowledge of Spanish, I would rather buy these than the big orange (as long as these have a Japanese track/English subs).

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:47 pm

Now here's my question: Are these releases presenting FUNi's 16:9 telecined format, or the digi-beta 4:3 saturated masters? >>
14 years later

theoriginalbilis
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by theoriginalbilis » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:10 pm

WTF Funimation? What about just continuing the UUE singles, since this looks like the exact same thing just without the English dub?

Hmmm...

- Bilis
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

SatoSky
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SatoSky » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:30 pm

Conan the SSJ wrote:Now here's my question: Are these releases presenting FUNi's 16:9 telecined format, or the digi-beta 4:3 saturated masters? >>
There's really no way of knowing which footage they will use until they actually come out, or unless FUNi makes some sort of statement confirming either of the two.

I'm hoping for the 4:3 Digi-Beta footage. Even if it is the Mexican dub, I will not buy 16:9 DBZ.

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:31 pm

Wow...just...wow. It's the UUE's without English vocals. That's shitty of them.

-Corey

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:53 pm

MajinVejitaXV wrote:Wow...just...wow. It's the UUE's without English vocals. That's shitty of them.

-Corey
Yeah... There's no details as far as disc content. So as far as we know there might not even be a Japanese track. One thing's for sure: I can't wait for more details to surface!

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:01 am

Thanks for keeping abreast of this. Just updated the home page.

Just mentioned this in the podcast episode we recorded this evening, but I'm absolutely dying to see what type of retail distribution these releases are going to see. Will you actually be able to buy these in stores? Pretty much only order online? We know so little about them, but it's not like FUNimation's really hiding anything... they're just not... saying anything...

EDIT: Just read through that FUNimation forum thread, where I'm assuming you were tipped off from. Looks like it's the widescreen "remastered" bullshit with only the Spanish track and English subs. Apparently it's gotten released in Mexico this past month, as well. This just isn't looking good...
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Lavender Saiyan
Regular

Post by Lavender Saiyan » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:18 am

No, I don't go on the FUNi Forums....I went on Z-Store today to Pre-Order the Season 2 "Big Orange Brick".
[b]*Supporter of the Remastered Season Sets*[/b]
*Dodges rocks*

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:29 am

Not even a Japanese track... Obviously done to keep people buying the orange bricks... Looks like the US, Canada, and Australia aren't the only country FUNi's dragging under... Can Mexico still release their own domestic release? Or has FUNi taken over that? It's a shame, I heard they had some great Saint Seiya releases there.

Bardock the Mexican
Regular

Post by Bardock the Mexican » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:10 am

This originally said somthing stupid, so I want to say somthing smart here instead. This re release thing seems to signal a change in demographics. They seem to realize that the Mexican dub is somthing that is very superior to their own English dub. They know that if they make it cheap and release the whole Vejita saga "en español mexicano" using the Mexican dub (which is the one that all the Latin American countries use btw) they would be more successful. The concern being that this will be only using the "remastered" masters. All the problems of the UUE will be inherited to the new Spanish releases. Ugh.
Last edited by Bardock the Mexican on Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ejercito Zapatista de Liberacion Nacional: Es nuestra palabra sencilla...

SatoSky
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SatoSky » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:59 am

VegettoEX wrote:Looks like it's the widescreen "remastered" bullshit with only the Spanish track and English subs.
Crap. Looks like I won't be purchasing these either. I'll keep praying for a release of the Mexican dub, that's not done by FUNimation. If that doesn't pan out though there's nothing else to do except get Spain's DVD's. Damn shame, the Mexican dub is much better than Spain's... the voices just seemt to fit. :?

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:09 am

Hm, for those who said it has no Japanese track...

http://community.funimation.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=30998
I'm not sure if the American Releases are going to be in FS, but the volumes that were released on Mexico are in WS. You see just a couple of weeks ago, 2 volumes of DBZ were release, the cover of the volumes are very similar to the UE, the Background is red and the pics of Goku and Piccolo are the ones that are on the UE and in the Spanish volumes that will be release on the US, there are 3 episodes per disc(like in the UE) and there are 3 audio tracks: Spanish(Mexican), Japanese and English, the English Track have the original japanese score, like in the new boxsets, here are a few pics of the box, and one screenshot of the menu:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/ ... C03169.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/ ... C03170.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/ ... C03171.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/ ... cap041.jpg

These release also have english subs, but not in spanish.

And like I said before the video is in WS, I must confess that the whole WS thing bothers me, I even sign the petition that some of you guys started here, but I was thinking that this is maybe the only chance we the mexican-latinamericans fans will have to own the series on Spanish, that why I bought this volumes, I just hope they will release the entire series.

I'm sharing this info. because is very likely that the american releases are going to be the same ones... just the art and probably menus are going to be differents.

DBW
Regular

Post by DBW » Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:31 am

Congrats to FUNi, you've now fucked up DragonBall in all 3 North American territories, plus Australia.

*Predicts future*
ANN wrote:European DBZ fans can finally rejoice, as FUNimation announced earlier today that for the first time ever they will be bringing a consistant release of the Dragon Ball Z TV series to DVD in a PAL format. Gen Fukunaga, CEO of FUNimation Co. Ltd. commented that "for the first time ever, European Dragon Ball fans can witness the series in it's true psuedo-high-definition, widescreen glory, the way it was meant to be seen!"
The complete DragonBall archive...Believe.
www.kanzentai.com

nathantheguitarist
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nathantheguitarist » Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:04 am

Am I the only one who wants some of whatever-the-hell Funi is smoking? :shock:

All of these "good" ideas to "please" all of the fans is just mind-boggling.
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

Domon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Domon » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:28 am

Looks like it's the widescreen "remastered" bullshit with only the Spanish track and English subs. Apparently it's gotten released in Mexico this past month, as well. This just isn't looking good...

I must thank Funimation once again for giving me a very good reason not to buy their products and spend my money on other things. It's quite said when you realize that even Disney gives better treatment of their tv shows on dvd...

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:08 pm

Hot. Looks like they just talked me out of buying those as well. Oh well, more money to put towards my AR-15 and a 2008 WRX :P

-Corey

Vegard Aune
Advanced Regular

Post by Vegard Aune » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:15 pm

Domon wrote:I must thank Funimation once again for giving me a very good reason not to buy their products and spend my money on other things. It's quite said when you realize that even Disney gives better treatment of their tv shows on dvd...
Forgive me if this makes me sound stupid, but what are the problems with Disney's TV-show DVDs?

DBW
Regular

Post by DBW » Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:30 pm

Vegard Aune wrote:Forgive me if this makes me sound stupid, but what are the problems with Disney's TV-show DVDs?
Nothing, Disney releases are generally of the highest quality. I think he's just saying that even the crappiest Disney shows get quality releases, while a piece of classic Japanese animation gets shit on.
The complete DragonBall archive...Believe.
www.kanzentai.com